Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question?
When the case goes to mention on the 29th July, evidence that was not presented at the bail hearing or indeed the bail appeal could be introduced. Is that correct?

The following link is a good summation of what happens during a criminal court process for an indictible offence.

Going to Magistrates Courts for a criminal matter

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/court/co...-to-magistrates-courts-for-a-criminal-matter/

ETA: My understanding is that new evidence can be presented at any time.

The photo of BS coming out of the store without his wedding ring. Probably nothing but wondering if that's why you put husband in quotations
No!! I didn't see that pic. I should take you thought thou- Would be better than my "" point I was making.. Ha ha I meant " sick individual/husband " moo!!! :)

Bruce Morcombe
He also said that the family, from his experience, would be likely to be receiving distracting information from psychics.

"Personally, we found it quite distressing, a fair amount of it was bizarre and offbeat. I don't place any amount of faith in psychic information. On our taskforce, it was an incredible distraction. They would say there's a shed or a water tank ... we had dozens or hundreds of leads and logic suggests that William's case is similar to Daniel's," Mr Morcombe said.

"You can't ignore them just in case it is a disguised confession, someone trying to get it off their chest and that they really do know something."

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/father-of...-would-be-his-fourth-birthday-20150621-ghsesq

I could not help but notice Bruce referring to it as OUR taskforce. I am sure that Gary Jubelin would be working with the family and keeping them updated. He will not give up.
I cannot imagine what the family would be feeling with little William's birthday so close.

I wish someone would get it of their bloody chest disguised or otherwise.
IMO

Brett Peter Cowan had years between offences....

However, he was first convicted of a child sex offence in 1989 over the molestation of a seven-year-old boy in the public toilets of a Queensland playground.
Cowan was an early suspect in Daniel's disappearance and was first interviewed by police two weeks after the 13-year-old went missing. Officers interviewed him again in 2005.

......2011 inquest into Daniel's disappearance, at which he was called to give evidence.

"I had nothing to do with Daniel's disappearance, nothing at all," he told the court.

However, shortly after Cowan's appearance at the inquest he told undercover police officers that he picked Daniel up from a bus stop to "have fun" with him.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-13/brett-peter-cowan-has-a-lengthy-criminal-history/5318564

Well if I knew my "husband" was having coffee & then went to assembly withme at 10-10.30am and didn't leave my side. Why visit a psychic? To ask if he was involved?

Having given your comment some further thought, I really feel badly for his Missus -- she must devastated and possibly her world has been turned upside down to the point that she reached out to a ''psychic'' for support. Her world must totally topsy turvy and she doesn't know what to believe or who to trust ..... JMO

Having given your comment some further thought, I really feel badly for his Missus -- she must devastated and possibly her world has been turned upside down to the point that she reached out to a ''psychic'' for support. Her world must totally topsy turvy and she doesn't know what to believe or who to trust ..... JMO

Agreed. But I also hope she has given or is considering giving LE any information that may help find william

Brett Peter Cowan had years between offences....

However, he was first convicted of a child sex offence in 1989 over the molestation of a seven-year-old boy in the public toilets of a Queensland playground.
Cowan was an early suspect in Daniel's disappearance and was first interviewed by police two weeks after the 13-year-old went missing. Officers interviewed him again in 2005.

......2011 inquest into Daniel's disappearance, at which he was called to give evidence.

"I had nothing to do with Daniel's disappearance, nothing at all," he told the court.

However, shortly after Cowan's appearance at the inquest he told undercover police officers that he picked Daniel up from a bus stop to "have fun" with him.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-03-13/brett-peter-cowan-has-a-lengthy-criminal-history/5318564

From wikipedia - "In September 1993, while living at a Darwin caravan park with his then 18-year-old girlfriend,Cowan lured a 6-year-old boy into an abandoned car yard and raped him. The boy was left to die in a rusted car, with a punctured lung due to the force of the act and several cuts"

Mr Spedding, who has previously been named by police as a “person of interest” in William Tyrrell’s disappearance ....

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...s-home-by-police/story-fni0cx4q-1227315237922

Bill Spedding, the man named by NSW Police as a “person of interest” in the continuing investigation into the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell ...

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...s-case-is-arrested-on-unrelated-charges-20281

High five !

Is it my imagination or does it mention in the AWW article that BS had talked with William's grandmother about their visit - so he DID know in advance they were coming. I know there's a lot of talk about the historical offences and God know what's happened in between that we aren't aware of. But I wonder if BS was fishing for information or was it just friendly conversation. Either way there are TOO many coincidences. My gut feeling is BS "disappeared" while MS was waiting for him at the coffee shop .... and those worlds collided in the space of those 5 minutes. You might think 5 minutes is not much but when you're looking for someone a minute feels like an eternity.

Mmmmm!! I hope your right. For some reason I just get this vibe, that shes real nasty piece of work. Who prob doesn't like the kids from his ex's or has had a rough life herself & has been harden over time. And unfortantly some people become victims to there circumstance or upbringing and things that seem wrong to normal people,are just everyday life to them. Drugs ,alcohol. Gambling. Abuse etc and choose to accept these behaviours

Mmmmm!! I hope your right. For some reason I just get this vibe, that shes real nasty piece of work. Who prob doesn't like the kids from his ex's or has had a rough life herself & has been harden over time. And unfortantly some people become victims to there circumstance or upbringing and things that seem wrong to normal people,are just everyday life to them. Drugs ,alcohol. Gambling. Abuse etc and choose to accept these behaviours

Ps - nice people don't just threaten witness either.

Is it my imagination or does it mention in the AWW article that BS had talked with William's grandmother about their visit - so he DID know in advance they were coming. I know there's a lot of talk about the historical offences and God know what's happened in between that we aren't aware of. But I wonder if BS was fishing for information or was it just friendly conversation. Either way there are TOO many coincidences. My gut feeling is BS "disappeared" while MS was waiting for him at the coffee shop .... and those worlds collided in the space of those 5 minutes. You might think 5 minutes is not much but when you're looking for someone a minute feels like an eternity.

"In other developments, The Daily Telegraph reported today that while at the home, Spedding was made aware of William’s impending visit during a conversation with the grandmother, dispelling suggestions that no one knew that the family was due to arrive."

http://www.aww.com.au/latest-news/n...s-case-is-arrested-on-unrelated-charges-20281

I know many of you have sleuthed a lot of stuff behind the scenes. In regards to BS, were any of you able to establish a relationship between him and JH prior to 83/84 even if it was that BS was in a relationship his ex partner at that time? Put another way, was BS in a relationship with his ex-partner between 1980 and 1983/84?

According to the 1980 Census BS was living with the mother of the 2 youngest daughters. Maybe someone else knows more of the ex-partner related to JH.

I think truth is referring to the text ms sent to one of the victims saying "it saddens me you're involved in this" ?

Yes - sorry!!' Thanks for clearing that up.

ouch --- that would emphasize what you were suggesting truth.....very uncool....and insensitive for her to be saying that to one of the victims....Actually, just downright nasty and cruel!

wicked stepmother or what!

It could be taken two ways, it could be genuine (though it seems like a strange choice of words if so) or she's guilt bombing

One thing that I thought noticeable about BS and his associates was their instability.

Lots of moves, some interstate, lots of jobs, different partners and living arrangements.

If you are a pedophile who has never been convicted, are you careful? Do you move often? Do you avoid getting close to people? But snatching a child, in circumstances where you are an obvious suspect and you haven't done much to create an alibi (like make deliberate conversations with a school teacher at assembly) it's not careful at all.

There's too many coincidences. If BS wasn't involved he is the unluckiest person in the world - he was there a few days before, he was due there that day, he had a spiderman doll, he has past been a suspect in a child abuse case, he has a sketchy alibi.

I still would love to know his hometown and high school, it would be good to see if any familiar names are alumni. If there is a ring I think it goes back decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79