Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been no arrests and William is still missing. It is understood the raids were triggered by a tip off to the Crime Stoppers helpline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html#ixzz3dwofGXq7

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html#ixzz3dyiyNYTL
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I dont think police would have gotten a search warrant for the house and business just on inconsistent statements alone. There has to be "reasonable suspicion" for a search warrant. Inconsistent statements is not, in my view, reasonable suspicion. There must have been something more. A child's t-shirt in the plumbing is getting closer. Something that looked like an item of clothing That WT was last seen in, coupled with inconsistent statements sould be getting even closer. But that still wouldn't be grounds for searching the business premises. There must have been something else.

That's explained why William was doing that face in the photo. His mummy said in the interview that he was playing "Daddy Tiger" so he was roaring. Bless him

There have been no arrests and William is still missing. It is understood the raids were triggered by a tip off to the Crime Stoppers helpline.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html#ixzz3dwofGXq7

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html#ixzz3dyiyNYTL

IMO you don't get a warrant based on a call to crimestoppers - unless - the call has substance that can be verified and proved to be able to obtain a warrant.

Pink-Flamingo mentioned how the surprise element of the visit, or the attention drawn to it, seems unusual. Totally agree! I would not appreciate this surprise because I would need the extra day to cram in last minute preparations. But I doubt everyone is as last minute as me.

A bit OT, but it is easy to tell the threads for Australian cases, just based on the posts (even if no location were mentioned). The posts have a different tone (overall they seem more "call 'em like you see 'em" to me) and I really enjoy the phrases and terminology used.

Some phrases in the last few pages:
Guilt bomb (I've only ever heard guilt trip)
Gaol (I thought this meant hell and was so confused)
Go hell for leather (no idea)
Sus or suss
On decent land (large piece of land or in a good neighborhood??)
Over the moon (may occasionally hear this in US, but rarely in the same context)

MOO.
I was insanely confused about the word gaol. I have never seen it spelled like that before this thread and thought poster's auto correct was going crazy LOL. I finally googled it [emoji1] [emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I know this is going over old ground but while we wait for news there is something that has really been bugging me since the interview with William's parents.

William's mother indicated that she pretty much knew immediately that he had been taken because it was the only way to explain how he could simply disappear, and it was not in his character to take off.

Why then were the media and police so focused on the bush search? The whole nation held their breath waiting for William to be found in the bush but we should've all been on the lookout for suspicious activity.

Surely William's mother would have been insisting that he did not wander off. There should have been pleas to return him if he had been taken. I feel that we were sheltered from the awful possibility of what has most likely happened to him.

Of course, no one knew what happened, not even the police, but I feel that William's mother's instinct should have carried more weight in the early days.

Maybe it's something to consider in the future if something this awful happens again.

I know this is going over old ground but while we wait for news there is something that has really been bugging me since the interview with William's parents.

William's mother indicated that she pretty much knew immediately that he had been taken because it was the only way to explain how he could simply disappear, and it was not in his character to take off.

Why then were the media and police so focused on the bush search? The whole nation held their breath waiting for William to be found in the bush but we should've all been on the lookout for suspicious activity.

Surely William's mother would have been insisting that he did not wander off. There should have been pleas to return him if he had been taken. I feel that we were sheltered from the awful possibility of what has most likely happened to him.

Of course, no one knew what happened, not even the police, but I feel that William's mother's instinct should have carried more weight in the early days.

Maybe it's something to consider in the future if something this awful happens again.

Even if police had strong suspicions that he may have been abducted, there was no way they could not have searched the bushland. There was always a chance that he had wandered away (even if a remote possibility), and this needed to be investigated and ruled out.

It bothers me that FM had a bad feeling right away with regard to William's silence in the garden. It almost suggests that she was already afraid of certain possibilities in relation to William's safety?

IMO

I think we know enough to understand why there was a warrant. Easy reason to be at the scene, Tshirt in drain, Spider-Man figure in car, previous accusations. They searched heaps of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we know enough to understand why there was a warrant. Easy reason to be at the scene, Tshirt in drain, Spider-Man figure in car, previous accusations. They searched heaps of places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't have the Spider Man Figurine until after they had the warrant and searched.

Could you please provide a link for your statement "They searched heaps of places." including the "heaps".

Hi all, following along since day dot with a heavy heart but still hoping for a happy ending here. William is the same age as my little one and into the same sorts of things and I think of him every day. Anyway just came across this on the news site: http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...enders-face-life/story-e6frfku9-1227413448116
A step in the right direction.
Welcome Herberth!!!!! [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]
Thanks for the link! That is great news!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It bothers me that FM had a bad feeling right away with regard to William's silence in the garden. It almost suggests that she was already afraid of certain possibilities in relation to William's safety?

IMO

Yes!! I always felt that was weird too!!!

IMO

It may have just been a mother's instinct? If she was so concerned about William's safety I don't think she would have let him out of her sight for an instant.

Hi all, following along since day dot with a heavy heart but still hoping for a happy ending here. William is the same age as my little one and into the same sorts of things and I think of him every day. Anyway just came across this on the news site: http://www.news.com.au/national/bre...enders-face-life/story-e6frfku9-1227413448116
A step in the right direction.

Welcome Herberth and thank you for the link. This is fantastic news. I only hope that this new legislation is made retrospective to encompass all of the historical child sex offenders now being uncovered.

M: Well, when I realised that William was missing, I just, I think back to that moment where I just went, I can’t hear him, why, why can’t I hear him, and I walked around, seriously it was just 2, 3 metres away from where we were sitting, and I’ve just walked out, and I just see nothing. I see nothing, I hear nothing, I’m speechless. I’m walking around in a circle on the spot thinking, where is he, why can’t I see him, and I’m yelling out, “William, where are you, you need to talk to Mummy, tell me where you are, I can’t see you, I can’t hear you, where are you?”, and he was nowhere, and I’m just standing there thinking, how could he just disappear because he just disappeared and I don’t get it, I don’t get it.

IT was just 2 or 3 meters away.
What is IT ?

Where William was playing? Something William had been holding onto?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...full-transcript-from-william-tyrrells-parents

M: Well, when I realised that William was missing, I just, I think back to that moment where I just went, I can’t hear him, why, why can’t I hear him, and I walked around, seriously it was just 2, 3 metres away from where we were sitting, and I’ve just walked out, and I just see nothing. I see nothing, I hear nothing, I’m speechless. I’m walking around in a circle on the spot thinking, where is he, why can’t I see him, and I’m yelling out, “William, where are you, you need to talk to Mummy, tell me where you are, I can’t see you, I can’t hear you, where are you?”, and he was nowhere, and I’m just standing there thinking, how could he just disappear because he just disappeared and I don’t get it, I don’t get it.

IT was just 2 or 3 meters away.
What is IT ?

Where William was playing? Something William had been holding onto?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...full-transcript-from-william-tyrrells-parents

I think William's mother was meaning where William was playing - "it was just 2, 3 metres away.".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member