Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to expand on that - they raided the office first and the home property the next day. I would assume that the original warrant was only for the office, and from there they found something to allow them to search the home.

I assume this because if they had warrants for both premises they would carry out the searches on the same day - element of surprise.

Does anyone think the same?
According to this article the search of the office and home both were done Tuesday but the home search took much longer needing additional day(s) I think they had warrants for both properties at same time. Must have had a very good reason for this IMO. Wonder if BS had seen this coming?

On Tuesday and Wednesday, forensic police and detectives extensively searched a set of rooms under the home, excavated part of the backyard and drained the septic tank of William Spedding's Bonny Hills home,near Port Macquarie on the NSW mid north coast.

The Laurieton unit is above a number of shops, and locals said forensic police had spent most of Tuesday searching the apartment*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-search-abducted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html

Wasn't the concrete slab cleared by police? For some reason It still bothers me along with the burnoff point in the yard.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

FOOTAGE has emerged of an eight-year-old boy’s terrified flight from a man who attempted to snatch him from his own backyard in Perth’s south-east on Monday.
The security video footage taken from a neighbour’s house shows the distressed looking boy running down the street early in the morning.
The video emerged on Tuesday as police continued their investigation into the attempted abduction.
Officers want to speak to a woman seen walking in the area around the time of the incident.
The boy was left traumatised after a man reportedly scaled a fence, grabbed him from his backyard on Modillion Avenue in Shelley, covered his mouth and dragged him up the street.
The terrified child says he managed to escape by elbowing the man.

http://www.news.com.au/national/wes...-walking-in-area/story-fnii5thn-1227400796108

Only going on intuition but at this stage I am skeptical about this report.

I was insanely confused about the word gaol. I have never seen it spelled like that before this thread and thought poster's auto correct was going crazy LOL. I finally googled it [emoji1] [emoji1]

Lol sorry probably me..I spent some time in the UK as a kid too so my language is probably more English/Australian whereas some Aussies would now be more US/Australian. I didnt really think about it....either gaol or jail would be acceptable here. I would still write colour but color is starting to be more acceptable too (for example)..just a couple of differences in our language. :blushing:

Found I would also say 'heaps' if there were several places searched.

It may have just been a mother's instinct? If she was so concerned about William's safety I don't think she would have let him out of her sight for an instant.

I agree..you know your child. My youngest would be the same. Adventurous but would never go far. I know he would not have wandered into the bush. If I couldnt hear him or see him I would have thought the worst too. Just not the sort of kid to do that. My oldest however........the reason for many of my grey hairs!!!

Lol sorry probably me..I spent some time in the UK as a kid too so my language is probably more English/Australian whereas some Aussies would now be more US/Australian. I didnt really think about it....either gaol or jail would be acceptable here. I would still write colour but color is starting to be more acceptable too (for example)..just a couple of differences in our language. :blushing:

Found I would also say 'heaps' if there were several places searched.
Lol Nothing to be sorry for [emoji1].It's a very neat way to spell it! I've seen a few posters use that spelling but I've never noticed it at all until recently. I kept reading it as "goal" and that's why I was getting confused. So its just like color colour mom mum realise realize etc. I always wonder if people think I misspell words ha-ha.

The police search was necessary.
If William wandered off or he was abducted and dumped close by the police had to search.

Mum comes from the city so she had a different frame of mind from the layback environment where William was taken.

It may have just been a mother's instinct? If she was so concerned about William's safety I don't think she would have let him out of her sight for an instant.

I guess with a foster situation you might always worry about someone from his natural family trying to get him back.
If they can't do it legally, then they may resort to just taking him.
However, for some reason, this doesn't seem to be the focus of the investigation.
IMO it seems far more likely than an opportunistic pedophile happening along.

If William wandered off or he was abducted and dumped close by the police had to search.

Mum comes from the city so she had a different frame of mind from the layback environment where William was taken.

And I'm sure that many of us remember the report way back in the threads about the police officers that arrived at the scene the next day and immediately felt that something was very off. Then within a few days the sex crimes squad was working with them.

According to this article the search of the office and home both were done Tuesday but the home search took much longer needing additional day(s) I think they had warrants for both properties at same time. Must have had a very good reason for this IMO. Wonder if BS had seen this coming?

On Tuesday and Wednesday, forensic police and detectives extensively searched a set of rooms under the home, excavated part of the backyard and drained the septic tank of William Spedding's Bonny Hills home,near Port Macquarie on the NSW mid north coast.

The Laurieton unit is above a number of shops, and locals said forensic police had spent most of Tuesday searching the apartment*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-search-abducted-toddler-William-Tyrell.html

Wasn't the concrete slab cleared by police? For some reason It still bothers me along with the burnoff point in the yard.

Once again it depends which article you read.

On Tuesday police executed a search warrant at a Laurieton pawn shop which is believed to be operated by Mr Spedding.

On Wednesday detectives carried out a search at a rural property in Bonny Hills, 20 kilometres from Kendall.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-...e-focus-of-search-for-william-tyrrell/6029822

purpleandgreen said:

And unfortunately I agree, purpleandgreen. The courts seem to have a hard enough time utilising the current max sentence of 25 years for these disgusting creeps - let alone a life sentence. I have mentioned this before, but in another case we looked at the average sentences for very abusive pedos. The stinking average was 6 years, with many/most getting much less. :mad:

Once again it depends which article you read.

On Tuesday police executed a search warrant at a Laurieton pawn shop which is believed to be operated by Mr Spedding.

On Wednesday detectives carried out a search at a rural property in Bonny Hills, 20 kilometres from Kendall.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-01-...e-focus-of-search-for-william-tyrrell/6029822
Don't you just love MSM?

Each thing reported has so many versions. Very confusing sometimes!

D: I had a meeting and I arrived back and there was a bit of confusionn if William was with me, because he’s always looking out for me and my car, and I was on my way back, and I’d arrived back and been asked if William was with me and I said no, then I immediately got out of the car and started looking around, and within 5 minutes we raised the alarm and I think I ran the perimeter of the whole street within about 10-15 minutes, and I mean, he wouldn’t, he’s not a wanderer, he wouldn’t even cross the street by himself. He wouldn’t go far.

This part of the fp interview in my opinion explains why William may have wandered away from the house, I cant help but wonder if he was down near the road watching for dad to come home.

I guess with a foster situation you might always worry about someone from his natural family trying to get him back.
However, for some reason, this doesn't seem to be the focus of the investigation.

Honestly I sometimes still do after what the sleuthing uncovered but the family have been cleared.

I have to keep reminding myself of that. IYKWIM.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ce-over-rape-of-two-women#URJoF3lroOHeJLkT.99

I tend to agree. The bio family seems to have been ruled out very quickly. It always bothered me that a certain interested party posted a photo of William on social media 2 days before he went missing. It was particularly outstanding because no previous photos of William had been shared.

IMO

Also, I have always wondered if a different judge might have denied BS bail last week.

And unfortunately I agree, purpleandgreen. The courts seem to have a hard enough time utilising the current max sentence of 25 years for these disgusting creeps - let alone a life sentence. I have mentioned this before, but in another case we looked at the average sentences for very abusive pedos. The stinking average was 6 years, with many/most getting much less. :mad:

I know this is going over old ground but while we wait for news there is something that has really been bugging me since the interview with William's parents.

William's mother indicated that she pretty much knew immediately that he had been taken because it was the only way to explain how he could simply disappear, and it was not in his character to take off.

Why then were the media and police so focused on the bush search? The whole nation held their breath waiting for William to be found in the bush but we should've all been on the lookout for suspicious activity.

Surely William's mother would have been insisting that he did not wander off. There should have been pleas to return him if he had been taken. I feel that we were sheltered from the awful possibility of what has most likely happened to him.

Of course, no one knew what happened, not even the police, but I feel that William's mother's instinct should have carried more weight in the early days.

Maybe it's something to consider in the future if something this awful happens again.

Even if police had strong suspicions that he may have been abducted, there was no way they could not have searched the bushland. There was always a chance that he had wandered away (even if a remote possibility), and this needed to be investigated and ruled out.

I agree that it seems that the search wasted time but I cant help thinking that of course it had to be done but from the very start they would have also been pursuing other avenues. Maybe the search was more a case of 'being seen to be doing the right thing' (and also a concern that if an animal or human had taken him there was a chance he was still in the area)? I would think they would take the mother's instincts of her own child very very seriously in a case like this and I would bet that there was someone working on a list of local child sex offenders in a very short time.

Anyone know how many hospitals are in that area? Didn't bs and ms move to the town because of MS health? Wondering if they may have met in hospital and got chatting about grandkids etc

This is absolutely my own opinion and gut feeling but this is a small town and the Nan was very involved in the community. I think they knew each other anyway. I dont mean to imply anything suspect by that, just that it is more than possible they did and if the washing machine was broken, well you would go by word of mouth right?

I get that police had to search the bush extensively. If William had been out there they would never live it down. I just remember in detail when William went missing. It was framed on the news as a boy who had wandered into the bush. I admit that was my only thought too. I couldn't fathom that he could be taken from a cul de sac in Kendall.
What I didn't know was that William's mother was sure he didn't wander. I can't imagine her anguish as people were searching for a boy who had wandered when she knew that he hadn't.
It wasn't until maybe 4 days later that things started to look suspicious. I feel even more sorry for them with the complicated family situation which would confuse the public had the news immediately treated it as an abduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState