Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I belong to a couple of William groups on facebook and right from when William first went missing people wanted to donate money to help with the search.

I live in one of the so called best streets in my area and im not rich, I dont think that because they live in Killara should stop them from accepting donations, they have gone about it the right way, and sadly i do feel his family no matter what they do will always have someone say they should have done this or that.

[modsnip]

"Your donation to the Where’s William? Campaign will directly contribute to supporting widespread awareness of William Tyrrell to assist the committed efforts of NSW Police in their mission to find out what happened to William.

All donations to the Where’s William? Campaign are supporting the campaign by enabling the production and printing of information materials including adverting, posters, flyers, postage, distribution, media and a very broad range of strategic communication activities on a national scale.

The administration and distribution of funds raised is being managed and dispersed by Bravehearts Inc. with all donations of $2.00 or more gratefully received and fully tax-deductible."

I don't mean to be negative about the "Official" site for William, it's a great idea, but they have made only 3 posts in 4 days - either asking for money or praising themselves (Braveheart) - you can comment on their posts but you can't read anyone's posts but your own.

How this is to raise awareness I don't understand - yes you can download and share posters but you have been able to do that for the past nine months before they commenced this "official" site.

It just makes me wonder why now, why not 9 months ago.

I don't mean to be negative about the "Official" site for William, it's a great idea, but they have made only 3 posts in 4 days - either asking for money or praising themselves (Braveheart) - you can comment on their posts but you can't read anyone's posts but your own.

How this is to raise awareness I don't understand - yes you can download and share posters but you have been able to do that for the past nine months before they commenced this "official" site.

I was thinking the same sleep ...Why now?

I would say that most likely they where battling red tape while waiting to be allowed to do it.

I wish I knew, wish I knew a lot of things actually *S*

I found the donation thing a little odd.. not because they're well-off, but because there already seems to be loads of awareness. They are all over facebook and in mainstream media too.
Maybe they are preparing for a time when the public interest fades and they might not have so much coverage. Although I feel this one will stick around, much like Maddie McCann. People really care about William.

This article is about Christopher Meyers' sexual abuse of children and his father's alleged sexual abuse of children.

The Christopher in this article has a father with the last name of March. I cannot find out if the father in the article was convicted so I don't want to say his full name. Does anyone know MS's first husband's name? Or if the first husband was the stepdad to her sons (and she was never married to their dad)?

Do y'all have Spokeo in Australia? Does anyone have a subscription to see if the father in this article ever matches up with MS?

Sleuthing MS's family is off limits as are the families of BS and little William.

Originally Posted by Karo

Is it likely these allegations mentioned here are about the children being fostered by BS and Ms?

It's not that person. 1. Why would she be a key witness in the current matter and 2. Someone from within the BS loop has confirmed that it's the person who we all originally thought....but I can't back it up cause of TOS

I'm wondering though if some of the documents submitted to the bail hearing were from another case that FACS were involved in regarding allegations made against BS and the three grandchildren. Perhaps that also went to court and Judge Bellows (bail hearing judge) was quoting what a previous judge had said in regard to the mother of the three grandchildren. It just sounds like BS's defense lawyers have grabbed every bit of documentation at their disposal to create doubt in Judge Bellow's mind, as any good defense lawyer will do. And it worked.

From what I've read in MSM there seems to have been other documents submitted to the bail hearing, not just those from the alleged offences in 1987.

Ksks am I on the right track? Blink once for yes, twice for no. :bateyes:

I'm wondering though if some of the documents submitted to the bail hearing were from another case that FACS were involved in regarding allegations made against BS and the three grandchildren. Perhaps that also went to court and Judge Bellows (bail hearing judge) was quoting what a previous judge had said in regard to the mother of the three grandchildren. It just sounds like BS's defense lawyers have grabbed every bit of documentation at their disposal to create doubt in Judge Bellow's mind, as any good defense lawyer will do. And it worked.

From what I've read in MSM there seems to have been other documents submitted to the bail hearing, not just those from the alleged offences in 1987.

Ksks am I on the right track? Blink once for yes, twice for no. :bateyes:

It would be interesting to know the circumstances around how they came to be there especially with BS's background. Surely there is no reason that something like that would be ignored whatever the circumstances they could not live with their own parent/s

Same.
And Bravehearts are not a dodgy organisation; they've done child safety awareness stuff at my daughter's school for example and I've looked at all the info they give out and it's solid and they do good work.
So... I don't know what to make of it at all. Desperation?

^^ missed the above post that suggests having had to wait to cut through the "can't publicise foster kids families" nonsense. Not nonsense generally, but nonsense that more hasn't been done in THIS situation.

Same.
And Bravehearts are not a dodgy organisation; they've done child safety awareness stuff at my daughter's school for example and I've looked at all the info they give out and it's solid and they do good work.
So... I don't know what to make of it at all. Desperation?

^^ missed the above post that suggests having had to wait to cut through the "can't publicise foster kids families" nonsense. Not nonsense generally, but nonsense that more hasn't been done in THIS situation.

Given that Bravehearts primary mission is to "educate, empower and protect Australian kids from sexual assault", it seems that police are certain that William is caught up in a pedophile ring. Obviously this is a strategy that they hope may bring him closer to being found. Not really sure how though? Wider publicity?

Given that Bravehearts primary mission is to "educate, empower and protect Australian kids from sexual assault", it seems that police are certain that William is caught up in a pedophile ring. Obviously this is a strategy that they hope may bring him closer to being found. Not really sure how though? Wider publicity?

Well I guess so, it has to just be more publicity (though I don't know a single person who doesn't know about WT and he is shared on FB all the time, and I often see WT profile pics) - I don't really see how it will help "solve" the case in and of itself.

But - if it helps the parents feel like they're doing something for William, then I respect that too.

I recall reading an MSM article which stated that police had a very good idea of what happened to William on the day he disappeared. Does anyone else recall reading this?

The Where’s William? Campaign will be a strategic, integrated, multi-channel communication campaign to encourage someone who knows something to come forward with new information that will be treated with in the strictest confidence.

“Somebody saw something. Somebody knows something and that somebody can help us find William and bring him home.”

http://www.newsmaker.com.au/news/36...missing-4yearold-william-tyrrell#.VZNW4lJLOY4

The 'County Court' in the article above made me think the Vic reference was a mistake - haven't ever heard of county courts here in Australia. Is that what is would be called in Victoria or other states?

And of course, the news snippet itself is awful as well. I have days when I feel the world has gone mad. :notgood:

I don't know about other states but it seems in Victoria it is the middle court. It has a criminal and civil jurisdiction.
What court would that be equivalent to in NSW?

https://www.countycourt.vic.gov.au/

The 'County Court' in the article above made me think the Vic reference was a mistake - haven't ever heard of county courts here in Australia. Is that what is would be called in Victoria or other states?

And of course, the news snippet itself is awful as well. I have days when I feel the world has gone mad. :notgood:

The County Court is an intermediate court in the Victorian Court hierarchy. The Court has a civil and criminal jurisdiction and can hear all matters except Murder, Manslaughter and Treason cases.

In Victoria the order of the Court System is:
Supreme
County
Magistrates
Children's
Coroners
VCAT - Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal
VOCAT - Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal

Well I guess so, it has to just be more publicity (though I don't know a single person who doesn't know about WT and he is shared on FB all the time, and I often see WT profile pics) - I don't really see how it will help "solve" the case in and of itself.

But - if it helps the parents feel like they're doing something for William, then I respect that too.

I am wondering if they are moving more onto other ways of getting the message out that he is missing, think of a city bus in Sydney, i know lots of people who have no facebook. I said something about William at work on his birthday and someone went oh isnt he found, this is even with me harping on about William often at morning tea at work.
The message that William is missing and is still missing hasnt been heard by all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj