Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the article the judge didn't say that at all. There is no mention of the conduct of the witness. It simply states that a key witness in the case against Bill Spedding has been described as “obsessive, compulsive and bizarre” by a judge. There is no mention of her conduct.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sub...tory-e6frg6nf-1227416930616&memtype=anonymous

My comment is based on my own independent research. I know the judge was referring to her conduct.

I think that the bio mum did still have contact. A lot of the pics shared in the media actually seem to be hers.

Thanks for this spiritualdreaming. So the suspicions about 35 Benaroon Drive can be put to rest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still think you could be right to have suspicions about no 35, Makara. Just because the sounds didn't some from there doesn't mean that it wasn't used by someone for either cover (hiding behind it?) or to get a good view of Grandma's yard, or as an escape route etc after the abduction. It's location and the fact that it's set off the road are both interesting, as are the 'he' previous owner who wanted a quick sale, and the state of the house.

(Sorry, having trouble with 'Replying with quote!'

I'm curious to know if that particular judge has a degree in psychology. How else does he determine if the witness is obsessive compulsive? Or was he simply being tacky and insulting by referring to her as compulsive and obsessive and bizarre. I thought judges were to remain impartial and only judge the facts at hand. He sounds like a nasty piece of work IMO.

Agreed... Hopefully the judge and his personal judgements don't affect the case and (hopefully) sentencing

I think if the witness is who Im thinking it is, I would also be a bit bizarre, obsessive & compulsive.. After dealing with all that

As a mother, I can say for sure I'd be obsessive about a case if I thought my ex and his new girlfriend and a bil were abusing my children. I'd probably be erratic on the stand too.

I might even have a "propensity" to accuse people of abuse if my kids were in the middle of a peodophile ring. Even if that ring looked like regular family men to an outsider.

It's a pretty well known thing. Women in custody cases accused of being vindictive or alienating their child from the father in custody cases where the father has been accused of abuse....

I think that the bio mum did still have contact. A lot of the pics shared in the media actually seem to be hers.
I've thought the opposite - that they've actually been pulled from the media and shared by her. No way of knowing either way I guess. The younger siblings look a lot like WT too IMO.

Thanks cats; I didn't realise there were younger siblings. Wonder why they aren't fostered too?

If the photos are from MSM, are you able to share them?

I've thought the opposite - that they've actually been pulled from the media and shared by her. No way of knowing either way I guess. The younger siblings look a lot like WT too IMO.

Thanks cats; I didn't realise there were younger siblings. Wonder why they aren't fostered too?

If the photos are from MSM, are you able to share them?

On a personal note I know a little about NSW DOCS (or whatever they call themselves now)

They probably aren't fostered out if BIO family are keeping in line with their family agreement/family plan.

My brothers partner has 7 kids in total (all in care) 6 permanently adopted out (almost two years ago now, and I'm still battling to get visitation with them) and the most recent one (last month or so) was only taken at 9 months old...

If Williams BIO family did have other siblings still in their care I would say it is because they are meeting their requirements handed to them by NSW DOCS, unlike my junkie brother

On a personal note I know a little about NSW DOCS (or whatever they call themselves now)

They probably aren't fostered out if BIO family are keeping in line with their family agreement/family plan.

My brothers partner has 7 kids in total (all in care) 6 permanently adopted out (almost two years ago now, and I'm still battling to get visitation with them) and the most recent one (last month or so) was only taken at 9 months old...

If Williams BIO family did have other siblings still in their care I would say it is because they are meeting their requirements handed to them by NSW DOCS, unlike my junkie brother

If, as you say, the parent(s) is currently 'meeting their requirements' regarding the younger children, why wouldn't the older children be returned to them?

If there was a permanent adoption imminent, wouldn't the parent(s) be fighting this?

It doesn't seem right for a reformed parent(s) not to be able to regain custody of their children.

My comment is based on my own independent research. I know the judge was referring to her conduct.

Thanks Ksks. I thought that may have been the case. That you have actually read the documents. Are they available for purchase? Or do you have inside contacts?

After reading the judges comments regarding the witness being " obsessive compulsive and bizarre" I can't help but wonder what she (the witness) said exactly. That's quite a statement to make about a witness. I'd also love to know who else she has "accused" of similar crimes in the past.
One can only imagine what she's been subjected too having a brother like that, even just knowing what he's done would be horrendous. Does anyone know of any other siblings in that family?

I haven't read all the way through this thread yet, but your comment got me thinking...

What was Hillsley in jail for at the time this abuse allegedly happened?

I haven't read all the way through this thread yet, but your comment got me thinking...

What was Hillsley in jail for at the time this abuse allegedly happened?

His parole was revoked. Presumably he breached the conditions.

The crown, however, said Hillsley’s parole was revoked in January 1987.

“That is quite an important point. As of April 1987, (Hillsley) was out of the picture. There is no evidence to suggest he was hanging around or had access to the girls at that time,” the Crown said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ey-john-hillsley/story-fni0cx12-1227402386747

The breach of parole conditions may have been this, if he was ordered to stay away from children ...

(Paraphrasing) Spedding's lawyer says Hillsley was in a household with children.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-case-seeks-bail/story-e6frg6nf-1227402309568

Sorry, I didn't word it very well. I meant, what was the crime that Hillsley was in jail for / on parole for?

Ksk when parole is revoked, is an arrest warrant issued? Is there any possibility that bail was revoked late jan then hillsley wasn't taken back to jail for 3-4 weeks?

Could he have been laying low, maybe in a friends caravan?

Sorry, I didn't word it very well. I meant, what was the crime that Hillsley was in jail for / on parole for?

Not sure. Haven't seen it anywhere. But sometime later, he abducted and raped two 5-year olds ... and then went on to repeatedly rape a girl and murder her father. Real nice guy. And, of course, we keep letting him out of jail. :rolleyes:

In 1998 while serving a 12-year prison term for the abduction and rape of two five-year-old girls, Jeffrey John Hillsley wrote to the ACT parole board: “A message for the community – I will be back. Thank God for little girls.”

He signed off “Walking Evil” and came through with his threat after he was eventually released when his sentence came to an end in February 2002.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ey-john-hillsley/story-fni0cx12-1227402386747

Ksk when parole is revoked, is an arrest warrant issued? Is there any possibility that bail was revoked late jan then hillsley wasn't taken back to jail for 3-4 weeks?

Could he have been laying low, maybe in a friends caravan?

Yes, yes, yes and yes. The seriousness of the original offence, the severity of the breach and the danger to the community would determine how actively police search for the person. But it is not hard to hide from police and a person could hide for years. I had a client whose bail was revoked two years ago and police still haven't found him.

I keeping thinking back to the house for sale directly across the road from the grandmother's property. Some of us discussed this house way back in an earlier thread. 35 Benaroon Drive was advertised for sale not long after William disappeared. The vendor was advertised as a 'he' and was wanting a quick sale. The photos of the interior of that house creeped me out. Such weird photos to advertise the sale of the property. When William was first reported missing some of the volunteer searchers apparently heard noises coming from that house but when they checked around outside, the house appeared to be vacant. It's not known if the police have followed up on this info, although they were made aware of it.

Just checked and this property was sold just over a week ago.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-kendall-118324311

This is the front of 35 Benaroon Drive Kendall.

35-Benaroon-Drive-showing-car_zps7zkeealg.jpg

As you drive out of the driveway of 35 Benaroon Drive this is what you see directly in front of you. The rear of the grandmother's house where William was said to be playing.

Grandmothers%20house%20opposite%2035%20Benaroon%20Drive_zps1pvsvbbf.jpg

Images sourced from Google Maps. https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-31...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1suszUiAZ8xNRMfsLjiWmWkA!2e0

My point is (as has been discussed previously) did someone living in that house see William playing and quickly grabbed him within a matter of minutes? Was there someone hiding in that house when the search for William was underway? Was someone squatting in that house? Someone who wasn't supposed to be there? I'm wondering if the police did discover that someone was living there but they have never bothered to come forward to identify themselves to police. I learned from the real estate agent that all of the properties in that particular estate are on septic.

All conjecture on my part but as I mentioned, this house gave me chills when I first saw it. In fact it still does.

Me too Makara

In October 1984 he was sentenced in the Sydney District Court to an effective term of imprisonment for eight years, with a non-parole period of four years, for the kidnapping and what is described as the assault of a five-year-old girl. He had persuaded the girl to accompany him to some unoccupied premises at Parramatta, where he had anal intercourse with her. He was released on parole in December 1986 but his parole was revoked in the following month, following a report which expressed concern about what Gallop J described as his “inappropriate and potentially dangerous behaviour towards young girls”. It is not necessary for present purposes to recount that behaviour, which is summarised at p9 of his Honour’s judgment. He was released when his sentence expired, presumably by remission, in December 1989.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/cases/nsw/NSWSC/2005/652.html

Out on parole just 2 years after a horrific attack on a five year old? Just goes to show how little regard was shown towards victims back in those days.
Thank God the punishments are finally catching up with the crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member