Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a few things that confuse me, one being police seem hopeful he is still alive so as mentioned possible photos god forbid. But if that's true surely they can track where the photos came from so not convinced. But also they are still focusing on the local area so much. Maybe they believe he is still in around there. Unlikely I guess but so much has been invested with billboards etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ I agree. It definitely looks like they are focusing on one area, between Taree and Kempsey, each within approximately 40 mins of Bonny Hills.

There were also a couple more mentions about BS being a POI in this case on both Nine and Ten news last week. Andrew Denney (Ten Sydney crime reporter) even went to BS's house to ask for a comment about the Where's William campaign launch. He was told to go away. So there doesn't seem to be any suppression order, it's just that there is not much to report.

i didnt see that, who told them to go away?

wondering why police are focusing on the areas taree and kempsey, maybe bs told them he had heard william was being held there?
bs must have covered his tracks really well because if police found dna in his office/ flat or child *advertiser censored* on his computer or anything at all linking him to william surely he would be arrested by now?
i really feel police have the right poi it must be so frustrating for them!

Perhaps money is not the motivator....could there be other things that would be more motivational to someone than money?

like freedom from prosecution? name suppression? protection?

A reward is more probable than not, unless the case is solved imminently, there was a $250k government one for info for Daniel Morcombe, with an addition 750k from a private source. There was a 500k reward for Prue Bird. There is a $1 million dollar reward for Bung Siriboon. It is only a matter of time before there is a reward for William. I think under a year would be unusual though.

Speaking of Bung, she was a 13 year old girl who disappeared on her walk to school in Melbourne, 4 years ago. She deserves as much attention as William and never got it. Pop over to one of her threads and post for her if you have a moment.

You are right about Bung....its not fair a few become 'famous' and others are ignored....its always made me sad.

I often think of her. It does make me wonder why some cases never get the same levels of publicity as others.

wondering why police are focusing on the areas taree and kempsey, maybe bs told them he had heard william was being held there?
bs must have covered his tracks really well because if police found dna in his office/ flat or child *advertiser censored* on his computer or anything at all linking him to william surely he would be arrested by now?

Maybe the focus is to do with phone pings or CCTV of vehicles? It is one thing to elude CCTV in the immediate area of the abduction but the further you drive the more likely it becomes something records you. While they'd be no point looking randomly through CCTV footage in a town half an hour away without a POI, with one it becomes a bit more compelling if you have reason to believe they were travelling somewhere. If you see them, and it contradicts their alibi, you probably still don't have enough to arrest them, just more evidence of their lies.

I think surely in this day and age a perp would know to switch off their mobile. That might even be suspicious in and of itself, if your phone is on 24/7 beforehand.

I often think of her. It does make me wonder why some cases never get the same levels of publicity as others.

I think when there just isn't enough hooks into the case for the media it doesn't get legs which is such a shame. Maybe the police didn't push it hard in the media at the start because they had to thoroughly investigate Bung's parents or a run away scenario and the social media leads? I dare say her mother not speaking english well plays a fair part of it. People are generally not overly fond of the idea of "mail order brides", and even if that isn't their relationship it is easy to mistake it for one. It reduces the ability for them to be a couple that people immediately identify with, such as the Morcombes or William's parents. Not even because of race, because Melbourne rallied for Karmein Chan 24 years ago. Even for people like us that get more emotionally involved with these stories than the average joe public, there is not a lot to know or speculate about with Bung's case. The step-father seems above board. What is there to discuss? Just fear and concern for Bung. Anyway I am glad when I hear of others who know about her and think of her.

[video=youtube;mrkc0mnfPOQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrkc0mnfPOQ[/video]

:hilarious: I actually just sprayed my mouthful of drink out my nose when I saw that tgy lol

I am by no means an expert with computers but my thought is that perhaps a photo that is relevant to WT was sent via the internet and was located by LE. Maybe they tried to trace this photo to its origin through some kind of digital trail like an IP address, and they were able to trace it to this geography as opposed to a more exact location. If someone has special knowledge about how this stuff actually works, maybe they can weigh in and let us know.

I am by no means an expert with computers but my thought is that perhaps a photo that is relevant to WT was sent via the internet and was located by LE. Maybe they tried to trace this photo to its origin through some kind of digital trail like an IP address, and they were able to trace it to this geography as opposed to a more exact location. If someone has special knowledge about how this stuff actually works, maybe they can weigh in and let us know.

I think they are able to figure out where by the internet foot print, I know that I have read stories in my local paper where they say the police received a tip from another countries police force. I think that they have found pictures,several years ago there was a picture of a little girl being abused in a hotel room, the police were able to figure out it was a room at one of the disney resorts in Florida, they figured out who she was and they rescued her, but it took them time, many months before they had all the right pieces.

I have faith in the police, they will solve William's disappearance,

A search warrant was obtained for the suspect's telephone, and forensic investigators recovered videos, and more than 27,000 images of child *advertiser censored*. Police say the suspect will probably face federal charges in connection to the crime.

27,000!!!!!!!!!!![emoji35]

ETA: could William be in one of those photos?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
BBM That amount is just horrific.

Walk for William to raise awareness of missing toddler and child protection in the eastern suburbs

Eleven children have been approached or indecently assaulted by men in eight incidents across the southeast in the past three months.

Three of the incidents occurred in Randwick, and the others were in Coogee, Matraville, Maroubra, Malabar and Rosebery.

Gardeners Rd Public School is reviewing security measures after five children, aged ten and under, were approached and grabbed at by a man hiding their school toilets on Friday, July 31.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-eastern-suburbs/story-fngr8h22-1227477722810

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 250
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics