DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You put a name out into the world wide public

The past sees it

baby.jpg

Maybe new evidence, maybe a new witness, that we have not heard about yet.
Lots of historical abuse cases in the media in the months prior to BS arrest .... some we didn't even hear about.
AJ was behind bars awaiting sentence yesterday. I wonder what happened with that, other than his name being suppressed again.
Is he still a POI?
Surely BS and AJ were not in the same prison, being ex - neighbours and all. Could that happen?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...rance-of-toddler/story-fni0cx4q-1227513475400

The problem as i see it from what i have read in msm about BS being charged in the crime of the rapes of the little girls from 30 years ago, is that Justice Bewell has gone through pages of notes submitted about the case, and because of that he sees a weak case against BS. That is the reason he granted bail for BS.

Although weak, Justice Bewell decided there was enough evidence for the charges to go to trial. I guess time will tell what happens there...

For a "long time" police have known about these cars but have now, almost 12 months after William disappeared, released the information to the public.
{snip}
The second sighting was of a four-wheel-drive driving out of Benaroon Drive about 10.30am - when William vanished - and was later seen speeding down another Kendall street.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...appearance-20150907-gjgpr1.html#ixzz3logq5ruk

I think the police are now only really interested in finding the owners of the two cars in the hope they witnessed the four-wheel-drive seen driving out of Benaroon Drive which was IMO been driven by BS or AJ or both, I don't think the two cars on the street are involved anymore there just pivotal in finally nailing BS and AJ.
I also think how most of the recent articles have been worded they are hoping if BS and MS are recently estranged there's more chance now of her coming forward.
All JMO of course :)

I can't help but wonder what the reason for PB and AJ being put out there was.

19th Dec
PB left the court with his wife - after pleading guilty to aggravated indecent assault of a child, earlier in the year.
Sentencing adjourned to 19th Feb 2015.

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2775774/pensioner-convicted-of-indecent-assault/
AJ 59 yrs was charged on the 27th September for indecently assaulting a child over a two year period.
Remained in custody until at least 14 September 2015. (a year)
But had rape charges dropped.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...523621775?sv=1be6ed310e1cd29538c3b82917e14a83

Mr Spedding had been initially interviewed by FACS workers on December 9 last year in an inquiry separate to the Tyrell case.
The mother who wants her child back said she was informed by FACs in December it was investigating Mr Spedding but would not tell her why.
The same month Port Macquarie detectives tried to contact her, she said, adding that she was horrified when she saw news reports of police searching the Speddings’ home.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...l-speddings-care/story-fnpn118l-1227198878302

Then in January the raids of BS home and business and removal of the children..... the rest is history.

BS was being looked at very closely and very early in the investigation in my opinion.

BS was being looked at very closely and very early in the investigation in my opinion.

sbm

Yes, and he has himself to blame for that! If he hadn't contacted one of his former victims they wouldn't have been on him so quickly, IMO. He was nervous from day one!

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-t...appearance-20150907-gjgpr1.html#ixzz3logq5ruk

I think the police are now only really interested in finding the owners of the two cars in the hope they witnessed the four-wheel-drive seen driving out of Benaroon Drive which was IMO been driven by BS or AJ or both, I don't think the two cars on the street are involved anymore there just pivotal in finally nailing BS and AJ.
I also think how most of the recent articles have been worded they are hoping if BS and MS are recently estranged there's more chance now of her coming forward.
All JMO of course :)

Yes I thought this sentence had a message.

More recently, Margaret his wife and he were forced to abandon hope that the children would be unable to return. They had been living with them before he was named as POI.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...523621775?sv=1be6ed310e1cd29538c3b82917e14a83
paraphrased.

Yes I thought this sentence had a message.

More recently, Margaret his wife and he were forced to abandon hope that the children would be unable to return. They had been living with them before he was named as POI.

paraphrased.

I would think FACS would have to remove any children that were being fostered by the Speddings and in their care to legally cover themselves after BS was named a POI, they wouldn't be able to risk doing otherwise.

Don't FACS do criminal background checks on people that foster children?

Don't FACS do criminal background checks on people that foster children?

If you haven't been charged then you don't have a criminal background.
Does not mean you are not or have not broken the law - or have molested children and got away with it.
imo

If you haven't been charged then you don't have a criminal background.
Does not mean you are not or have not broken the law - or have molested children and got away with it.
imo

Does being investigated not count? And obviously the police had the information on record didn't they?

Well...looks like I've stumbled into a real hornet's nest here. That's what I get for checking WS when I get up to have a midnight snack, I guess :/

Further to the two cars seen on Benaroon Drive, before I go down to the local panel beater's tomorrow (who've been there for at least 20 years) and act like a crazy old Nanna, asking what will seem to them as strange questions about old cars, does anyone else in Australia have a relative or friend who is an 'old' panelbeater/ mechanic? Methinks they would know a lot of different makes like the backs of their hands.

Like where you're going with access points, frogwell. I doubt if anyone with a 'non-compliant Spiderman' in their car would want to use roads that were more 'public' for a getaway. Check out the one(s) that go off Benaroon around the corner from GM's former home too. Didn't FM say in the recent 60 Minutes piece that after William jumped off the balcony she thought he ran towards the backyard? Isn't this closer to the part of Benaroon which is around the corner? Much more secluded than right outside the front of GM's former home.

Does being investigated not count? And obviously the police had the information on record didn't they?

]

It most certainly does.... But sadly it appears the ball had been dropped by FACS...hence the Biological Mother of the children in their care went to the authorities to ask why they were allowed to foster her children in the first place...considering there were notes apparently of the historical allegations.

Interestingly... they only had custody of the boys from that family....do you wonder why???.....this should give some pause for consideration...

I in no way blame Family services officers....they are grossly overworked...with way too may caseloads...

Karinna....I totally get where your coming from.....But at the same time... things were a lot different in 1987.

It's only been in the last few years that all these royal commissions have been coming out about abuse that took place 20 years ago that weren't acted upon or investigated thoroughly... there was a totally different mindset back then to now...I'm guessing any report was a mere blimp on the records...accounting to no significance.

I have to admit though....and hope this is not the same situation....Lindy Chamberlain had her life ruined by incompetent investigation...and was ultimately proved not guilty...I really hope we aren't making the same mistake again....as Bill's life and his wife Margaret's life , as they knew it post Williams Disappearance is/has been completely destroyed

I really do not know how it works and I don't get this at all.

The three children are now living elsewhere but Mr Spedding was reportedly in negotiations to regain access to them before his arrest last week.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...th-bill-spedding/story-fns0kb1g-1227322744804

The machinations of FACS are beyond me but, in saying that, I mean no disrespect. Access (and probably closely supervised, if at all) is a long way from having physical custody/guardianship. It would be granted only if it was in thought to be in the best interests of the children methinks.

Also probably a lot of butt covering going on behind the scenes at FACS. One child in care goes missing; 3 others living with a POI. It's the stuff of public servants' nightmares.

Well...looks like I've stumbled into a real hornet's nest here. That's what I get for checking WS when I get up to have a midnight snack, I guess :/

Further to the two cars seen on Benaroon Drive, before I go down to the local panel beater's tomorrow (who've been there for at least 20 years) and act like a crazy old Nanna, asking what will seem to them as strange questions about old cars, does anyone else in Australia have a relative or friend who is an 'old' panelbeater/ mechanic? Methinks they would know a lot of different makes like the backs of their hands.

Like where you're going with access points, frogwell. I doubt if anyone with a 'non-compliant Spiderman' in their car would want to use roads that were more 'public' for a getaway. Check out the one(s) that go off Benaroon around the corner from GM's former home too. Didn't FM say in the recent 60 Minutes piece that after William jumped off the balcony she thought he ran towards the backyard? Isn't this closer to the part of Benaroon which is around the corner? Much more secluded than right outside the front of GM's former home.

Lol I love your post...

But I'm thinking a three year old wouldn't pose much resistance at all.... this is just my opinion....but at three years of age what would a kid do????

Lol I love your post...

But I'm thinking a three year old wouldn't pose much resistance at all.... this is just my opinion....but at three years of age what would a kid do????

It was just a description of William further back in the thread that made me smile. Believe me, I know how non-compliant superheroes can be at that age :\ I have a grandson a couple of months older than William.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024