Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if William had ASD, he probably wouldn't have put up much of a fight against an abductor. My 7 year old aspergers son would probably just wander off with a stranger even though we talk every day about stranger danger. Kids with ASD are very trusting because they generally know they need to rely on adults and they don't understand long term cause and effect

[modsnip] After reading all your comments about the two cars I have been wondering if anyone actually saw these cars at all. Is LE using this so called sighting as another way of putting the wind up the abductor by saying someone saw your car?

Also if William had ASD, he probably wouldn't have put up much of a fight against an abductor. My 7 year old aspergers son would probably just wander off with a stranger even though we talk every day about stranger danger. Kids with ASD are very trusting because they generally know they need to rely on adults and they don't understand long term cause and effect

did he? I didnt realise that.

I have not seen it reported that William was diagnosed with ASD. Do you have a link for that please?

I'm just so baffled by this case. I've always kept in the back of my mind, could he have accidentally disappeared? With earlier talk of septic tank covers etc (if I'm recalling correctly, the property has one - I wonder where on the property it's located?). And then I wonder about him wandering (but how far could he have gone and he didn't cry out or make any noise during searches?). So did he wander and then have an accident but they seem to have comprehensively searched, I've seen images of water searches etc, surely they would have found him....
Just so baffling.

I do find it very interesting (and I don't have the link for the exact wording right now) from the interviews with the parents and the mother saying he was roaring and that she'd called out "is dad home" (or something along those lines) as if she was consciously/subconsciously associating William's behaviour with him interacting with a person. That is intriguing.
And then followed by such a quick and clean getaway that 1 year later we're only this far along....(except of course the cops likely know a lot more than they're telling).

The police seem completely committed that he was abducted - is that because they didn't find trace of him in searches or because they have some specific compelling evidence that he was abducted (and wow, what is it??) - because I can still look at this case and still wonder about him simply wandering...

But of course then there's BS and his long list of coincidences...and who are the other POIs

Anyway, ramble ramble ramble I'm just so baffled and man I'd love to sit and read the police notes. Where the heck is he...?

I just watched the video made by BS again....I get that he wants to clarify that he gave no one any indication he would attend the house on 12th September.
I note he does NOT mention where he actually WAS that day.
I also note that where he originally CLAIMS he was (coffee shop/school) has never really been proven. I would have thought that by now he would have shouted that information from the rooftops. One thing to say where you were not but a whole other thing to prove where you WERE. Surely that was his whole alibi??

BS did already say where he was that day, it has not been proven to be false, police have not commented on that aspect have they? I suspect he probably knows that no matter what he says, it will be questioned by some.
I just watched the video made by BS again....I get that he wants to clarify that he gave no one any indication he would attend the house on 12th September.
I also note that where he originally CLAIMS he was (coffee shop/school) has never really been proven. I would have thought that by now he would have shouted that information from the rooftops. One thing to say where you were not but a whole other thing to prove where you WERE. Surely that was his whole alibi??

The two vehicles were parked on the back perimeter of Kendall adjacent the forest in an essentially no through road. They were parked on the verge roadside which is unusual for these large block size properties with big long driveways.

Kendall is a town of 833 people. If the two cars were resident to Kendall, someone would know them, not just the vehicle owners themselves. Police could identify the vehicles in a town of 833 via database.

The vehicles have not been in Benaroon drive before otherwise the Tyrells and other neighbours would know the vehicle descriptions better and the neighbours know the occupants. Or maybe they do :secret:

So it can be safely said the two vehicles parked on the backside area of Kendall in Benaroon drive were not residents of Kendall.

The fact the vehicle owners haven't come forward as yet considering the television coverage is odd. But it is inevitable the cars will be found, and if that is after William is found, that is not going to be a good look. If it is a Grey Corolla sedans are a common car. There has been more Corollas manufactured than the VW Volkswagon. The Magna is far more traceable partly due to its age and roadworthy checks.

Directly involved or not. The two cars are extremely important in finding William. Its a childs life here we are talking about.

cars-tyrell.jpg

BS did already say where he was that day, it has not been proven to be false, police have not commented on that aspect have they? I suspect he probably knows that no matter what he says, it will be questioned by some.

He did originally say (or Col did)...but as far as I have read, so far no docket from the cafe has been produced and no one at the school or cafe has corroborated seeing him. In the video he makes no mention of it either. I would have thought he would have.

I am guilty of the distraction/focus technique of 'looking out for Daddy's car' with my kids when they were little when it was near my husband's home time. Now I can see how potentially dangerous this could be in terms of misadventure, but way back then it kept my eldest focused whilst I changed the little one's nappy/diaper, or cooked food for example. As a car would pass, my eldest would peek through the window and report back....no it's not daddy, it's a yellow car, etc. and eventually yay, it's daddy!

I have done the same with my kids

BUT

if we were outside and we were expecting their dad to arrive home anytime soon, I NEVER allowed them to be out of my reach (and sight!) when they were toddlers, because of the fear that they could be hit by the car. When you have trees and bushes, and no fence to keep young kids safe from the driveway, and toddlers that are hard to see due to height, one tends to take extra steps to keep kids safe.

If coffee was purchased via card then the transaction would be in bank records. CCTV is common in commercial premises so there might be evidence a POI present in the area.
Hey, we sill have to find the people who did it, not the people we may think did it. That would be letting someone off scot free.

The problem with prison is people meet like minded people. Contacts are made.

He did originally say (or Col did)...but as far as I have read, so far no docket from the cafe has been produced and no one at the school or cafe has corroborated seeing him. In the video he makes no mention of it either. I would have thought he would have.

Yes if that had been my video I would have emphasised my alibi, how hard could it have been to find someone who saw you at the school assembly, it's not like your alibi was somewhere where no one else was, there must have been dozens of other people at school, it was such an easy alibi to prove, and he would have been eliminated early on, I think it's safe to assume no one saw him at school.

Wouldnt there be witness to him being at School assembly by the multitude of people that may have had washing machines or air conditioners repaired?
Someone would have seen him there? No one?

Yes if that had been my video I would have emphasised my alibi, how hard could it have been to find someone who saw you at the school assembly, it's not like your alibi was somewhere where no one else was, there must have been dozens of other people at school, it was such an easy alibi to prove, and he would have been eliminated early on, I think it's safe to assume no one saw him at school.

Lol I love your post...

But I'm thinking a three year old wouldn't pose much resistance at all.... this is just my opinion....but at three years of age what would a kid do????

My current 3 year old would kick, scream, bite and cry I am almost 100% certain... but she's a little firecracker. Having said that I have no doubts about how easy it would be to keep even her quiet and restrained while you made a run for it. Too easy unfortunately.
I also think it more likely a less visible exit point was used leave the property. Front access just too visible unless he was quickly snatched from the edge of the driveway near the road straight into a car?

Someone asked about other cars owned by BS and said they couldnt find any pics.
This article mentions 3 vehicles, one of which is of course the work van : http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...t-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195778466
Then this article clearly shows him driving a red vehicle (maybe 4wd??) http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-s...f-toddler-william-tyrell-20150123-12wpef.html
One article shows him being picked up from Cessnock Gaol in a maroon sedan but as another man is driving I havent bothered to put that link up.
This one appears to be at his home and clearly shows a KIA in the background: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-william-tyrrell/story-fnpn0zn5-1227390367031
There are also several pics of his home with a white station wagon out the front BUT...the numberplate is clearly shown in all pics and in several it appears to me that this is the vehicle they are putting him in when he is being arrested so I have not linked them here.

I'm just so baffled by this case. I've always kept in the back of my mind, could he have accidentally disappeared? With earlier talk of septic tank covers etc (if I'm recalling correctly, the property has one - I wonder where on the property it's located?). And then I wonder about him wandering (but how far could he have gone and he didn't cry out or make any noise during searches?). So did he wander and then have an accident but they seem to have comprehensively searched, I've seen images of water searches etc, surely they would have found him....
Just so baffling.

I do find it very interesting (and I don't have the link for the exact wording right now) from the interviews with the parents and the mother saying he was roaring and that she'd called out "is dad home" (or something along those lines) as if she was consciously/subconsciously associating William's behaviour with him interacting with a person. That is intriguing.
And then followed by such a quick and clean getaway that 1 year later we're only this far along....(except of course the cops likely know a lot more than they're telling).

The police seem completely committed that he was abducted - is that because they didn't find trace of him in searches or because they have some specific compelling evidence that he was abducted (and wow, what is it??) - because I can still look at this case and still wonder about him simply wandering...

But of course then there's BS and his long list of coincidences...and who are the other POIs

Anyway, ramble ramble ramble I'm just so baffled and man I'd love to sit and read the police notes. Where the heck is he...?
I can never 100% eliminate misadventure, when I think back to the wee kiwi girl who fell down the stormwater drain, only metres from her home.
The river was my first thought, if he been missing longer than mother thought, and no one had chosen to look in the direction of river for some time, he may have had an hour to reach there, however locals don't think that possible.
I totally understand how police could not arrest anyone at this point, there doesn't seem to be a single piece of physical evidence as to what happened.

So why did Justice Bewell state it is a weak case against BS then? Police charge people all the time, but it is the court and jury that decides guilt or not.

They are still gathering evidence, of which there is enough for him to be charged. He has NOT been exonerated, he's simply out on bail.

Sorry, I was behind when I responded to this. it's obviously been already discussed. I should have read on further, however I do stand by my comment.

Puggle ITA with what you are saying. I have no idea about the people in question and what they did or didn't do. That is up to the court to decide, and i certainly hope they get it right. I have heard about women that have accused their ex husband of child molestation of their own children to get back at them for leaving the relationship, and those women are the worst kind IMO. But there should always be evidence to back those claims, as in getting the children checked by a medical practioner etc., because to be accused of molesting a child if someone is innocent must be a terrible thing to have to deal with.
And if Mr. Spedding has hurt any child then he has to pay for that and rightly so, but if not then nothing will ever make his life ok. again for the damage done.

I don't have time to find a link right now, but I am almost certain I read somewhere that the 2 girls in questions had been checked over medically and it did indicate things had happened to them. Cant recall if they had been checked straight after though or with some time delay though. System is much more streamlined nowadays but back then perhaps not as thorough? From the info I read it didn't sound as though it had been handled well at all, even for the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drumgirl29