Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, William's sister is the primary consideration.
imo

I totally agree, the reasons are obviously very valid to obtain anon. Unfortunately it has lead to so much suspicion regarding the family.

It was good listening to that radio interview. I don't want to be Pollyanna about this case but I do hope the police are seriously investigating a childless couple scenario among their other lines of enquiry. I would also like to add that to accept unquestioningly what the establishment offers as a reason for why questions may not be asked is not the culture of Australia. This case has brought that issue to the forefront. I do believe in this instance it is because of a law issue and to be applied here for good reason. I think IMO that many Australians get their back up when they are not given a fuller explanation and find it difficult to accept,' just trust us.' Many of us expect to live in a transparent and accountable system, with the government departments that serve us. IMO. rant over

I guess the important thing to remember is that although BS is a POI it doesn't mean he stole William himself. He could have "facilitated" it. Or assisted afterwards.

I really hope the recent publicity leads to William coming home.

BBM - The news reports that I saw this morning identified the father as he was interviewed after the boy was found. I guess at the time it was easier to focus on the boy and him being found than implying anyone else was involved (it's sad that my first thought in many missing child cases now is that a parent is responsible).

7 News QueenslandVerifizierter Account ‏@7NewsQueensland 6 Std.Vor 6 Stunden Übersetzung anzeigen
Five-year-old boy thanks people who went looking for him in bushland near Tin Can Bay yesterday. Story #7News at 6pm

Merchants have to keep receipts for a couple of years in case customers come back saying they didn't use their credit card for a particular transaction. The merchant is responsible for reconciling any disputed transaction via their machines.

Cops can go through transaction history anyrate. They would see the transaction in the history or any for that matter on the day.

So let me guess, paid cash?

The kids' teachers would notice. They notice things like that.

If he paid for the coffee by credit card and Colin purports to have a copy of the receipt, the coffee shop owner would be able to check it against his records.

There has to be CCTV around there somewhere, to either prove or disprove this.

Building on my previous post about times and distances I have come up with the following timeline. I have based this on MSM articles and information given by BS and Colin. I am making a number of assumptions, which I have noted.

- BS, MS and kids drive to Laurieton. This forms a distance of 10.8kms and takes around 17 minutes if traffic is good. They arrive around 9am.

Between 9am and 10am the following things occur:
- BS goes to his office WITH THE INTENTION of calling William's family
- MS I believe stays in Laurieton, shopping maybe??
- William's family calls BS and are not able to get a hold of him (or perhaps this occurred a little earlier)
- Someone uses BS's bank card to buy coffee in Laurieton (note this is refuted by staff) (note also the only evidence is his card transaction which could have been made by MS)

-At 1030am William is abducted.

It is a distance of 10.2km and takes 13 minutes on a good day to drive to Kendall from Laurieton. Providing BS left Laurieton around 10am this is actually PERFECT timing and makes total sense as he was INTENDING to do this job on that day.

The rest of the scenario now depends on a few things. We know that BS did a job that 'afternoon' at Dunbogan. I cannot find in MSM the time he was allegedly doing this job. If he did it BEFORE school pick up he would probably want to do that job no later than 130/2pm.

The distance between Kendall and Dunbogan is 13.8km and takes 20 minutes on a good day.

So IF BS abducts William at 1030 and arrives at Dunbogan no later than 2pm he has approximately 3.5 hours of missing time in his timeline. This means that William must logically be located somewhere within a 1/1.5 hour radius of the abduction point if the worst has occurred.

I know this is still quite a distance but it makes sense to me based on facts and distances. If someone can verify his attendance at Dunbogan before school pick up this would cement my timeframe. If someone can verify his attendance at the school function (which to my knowledge no one has) then this shortens the timeframe hugely and also tightens the likely location of William if the worst has occurred.

I have said this before. The spiderman toy in his van was a little too convenient for me. I have thought a few times that this is a distinct possibility...did anyone dislike him enough to do this? Hmmm.
However it would take an enormous amount of planning (assuming no one knew WT and family were coming) and careful timing.

Yes, if someone had planned this to frame BS, this needs to be someone who know everything that BS does.

So getting back to the award ceremony at the school, and the 'family friend' who joined BS and MS .... even if it was NOT Colin .... are there photos with timestamps? If I had gone to a ceremony and taken photos of my friends grandchildren who were receiving awards .... I would make sure I took photos after the event with the child that was presented the award WITH his parents, or in this case .... grandparents.

So getting back to the award ceremony at the school, and the 'family friend' who joined BS and MS .... even if it was NOT Colin .... are there photos with timestamps? If I had gone to a ceremony and taken photos of my friends grandchildren who were receiving awards .... I would make sure I took photos after the event with the child that was presented the award WITH his parents, or in this case .... grandparents.

All digital photos contain EXIF data, including those taken by newer mobile phones. I'm sure LE would be able to glean a lot of information from any photos they have access to.

Basic info re EXIF data:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/exif-photo-data-find-understand/

The kids' teachers would notice. They notice things like that.

If he paid for the coffee by credit card and Colin purports to have a copy of the receipt, the coffee shop owner would be able to check it against his records.

There has to be CCTV around there somewhere, to either prove or disprove this.

BBM
At the school my youngest attends I would not be surprised if a teacher did not remember a particular parent attending an assembly. The teachers focus is always on their class and, in fact, the teachers have their backs to the seated parents.
The children are ushered out by their teachers at the end of the assembly before the parents leave. The teachers have no opportunity to observe which parents are there.

Depends whether EXIF is stripped or location turned off etc. But, device data, sure, if it hasn't been stripped.

True, but many 'laypeople' aren't savvy about EXIF data as it's not 'visible'. Nevertheless, a computer forensics expert can ferret out just about anything (including deleted metadata) given time ;)

Building on my previous post about times and distances I have come up with the following timeline. I have based this on MSM articles and information given by BS and Colin. I am making a number of assumptions, which I have noted.

- BS, MS and kids drive to Laurieton. This forms a distance of 10.8kms and takes around 17 minutes if traffic is good. They arrive around 9am.

Between 9am and 10am the following things occur:
- BS goes to his office WITH THE INTENTION of calling William's family
- MS I believe stays in Laurieton, shopping maybe??
- William's family calls BS and are not able to get a hold of him (or perhaps this occurred a little earlier)
- Someone uses BS's bank card to buy coffee in Laurieton (note this is refuted by staff) (note also the only evidence is his card transaction which could have been made by MS)

-At 1030am William is abducted.

It is a distance of 10.2km and takes 13 minutes on a good day to drive to Kendall from Laurieton. Providing BS left Laurieton around 10am this is actually PERFECT timing and makes total sense as he was INTENDING to do this job on that day.

The rest of the scenario now depends on a few things. We know that BS did a job that 'afternoon' at Dunbogan. I cannot find in MSM the time he was allegedly doing this job. If he did it BEFORE school pick up he would probably want to do that job no later than 130/2pm.

The distance between Kendall and Dunbogan is 13.8km and takes 20 minutes on a good day.

So IF BS abducts William at 1030 and arrives at Dunbogan no later than 2pm he has approximately 3.5 hours of missing time in his timeline. This means that William must logically be located somewhere within a 1/1.5 hour radius of the abduction point if the worst has occurred.

I know this is still quite a distance but it makes sense to me based on facts and distances. If someone can verify his attendance at Dunbogan before school pick up this would cement my timeframe. If someone can verify his attendance at the school function (which to my knowledge no one has) then this shortens the timeframe hugely and also tightens the likely location of William if the worst has occurred.

Just want to acknowledge your post and say thank you. No reply as yet but I I will get back to you. My mind is mush at the moment. I need sleep *zzzzzzzz*

So I'm told. I believe if I comment further, it would be seen as victim bashing. I have looked at all the articles I can covering yesterdays event. Besides the SMH, the Manning river times doesn't report the Tyrrells coming from Lyne electorate nor do the other articles. I'll chalk this one up to Jane Lee of the SMH who couldn't be stuffed to do her job properly.

Lot of that going around. Sloppy journalism, I mean.

This is totally unrelated, but.. Tonight I was looking for directions and happened to look up my own house on google maps.
In the street view my car is parked out the front, and my number plate is clearly visible.
Is this unusual? I thought they normally blurred it?

It was several months before they asked for his alibi wasn't it? what coffee shop owner would recall a casual coffee purchase?
If he attended most school awards days, what parent would remember if he was there that particular day?
I have attended many but I couldn't tell you for certain if another parent, even one I knew well, was there on any particular day unless I was asked within 2 weeks or 2 assemblies even.
What if it's his grandson saying he was not there? My daughter got an award at the end of last school year (beginning of June). I can remember some of the other adults there, but definitely not all of them at this point. But, a child will remember if their guardian was there at such a special event in their life.

That's so cool that they want to help. I think a lot of people on here ought to go get their licenses, they are that dedicated and then we could also easily access stuff that is hard to get our hands on.

Just to clarify this, a PI has not got access to anything that can't be obtained publicly. There is no "special" PI access, and even those with links to LE are not allowed to get any info through that avenue. Sure, there are plenty of resources that aren't generally known about, a bit like the exif data, but everything they can access, you can access. Might need deep pockets though, for some stuff, and a lot of it can't be found out via google, unless you are searching for something specific, but trust me, it is all in the public domain.

Also, a PI will very rarely get involved in a criminal case. They are much more likely to work in civil & commercial areas.

A good rule of thumb for anyone, especially a PI investigating something, is ask yourself "who" "what" "where" "when" "why" & "how"

Those questions have to be answered in any investigation.

This is totally unrelated, but.. Tonight I was looking for directions and happened to look up my own house on google maps.
In the street view my car is parked out the front, and my number plate is clearly visible.
Is this unusual? I thought they normally blurred it?
I had this same problem! They usually do blur it, but sometimes things slip by the review process. I reported it to Google and they had it fixed just a few hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState