Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
another theory, might be someone wanted to frame BS?

I have said this before. The spiderman toy in his van was a little too convenient for me. I have thought a few times that this is a distinct possibility...did anyone dislike him enough to do this? Hmmm.
However it would take an enormous amount of planning (assuming no one knew WT and family were coming) and careful timing.

http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/current series/rpp/100-120/rpp120/10_burglary.html

Burglaries are usually ‘unplanned and speculative in nature’ (Grabosky 1995: 3). As such, successful prevention strategies are often targeted at reducing opportunity risk factors. However, some research also suggests that some offenders are ‘experts’—rational agents who ‘case’ a residence/dwelling on numerous occasions prior to committing an offence (Nee & Meenaghan 2006).
There are a number of situational and social risk factors that contribute to residential burglary. Situational risk factors include:

presence of suitable cover for offenders (eg overgrown shrubbery and trees) located along the perimeter of dwellings;
unsecured entry points to the dwelling (eg unlocked gates and windows);
the absence of a garage or properties with an open carport;
proximity to pawnshops—offenders may target areas that are in close proximity to a pawn shop so that they can dispose of their stolen goods as quickly as possible; and
proximity to public transport—offenders may choose dwellings that are in close proximity to public transport so they can access and leave the neighbourhood quickly and easily (Armitage 2011b; Moreto 2010).
Further, as previously mentioned, dwellings that are unoccupied for significant periods of time during the day are more attractive to offenders. BOCSAR data indicates that in 2011, the majority of burglaries committed in New South Wales occurred between Monday and Friday and the hours of 6 am and 6 pm (BOCSAR 2012). This is not unexpected as it is between these times and on these days that many people are at work and properties are vacant.

I wonder if it should be a burglary at the home of an elderly widow? FF's car wasn't there, all seemed okay - then suddenly little Spiderman came along?

Agree..and we know there were pawn shops. And it is possible someone had seen what was inside the house already too.

Mr Spedding said his father had told him that he was supposed to repair a washing machine at the Kendall house where William disappeared from on September 12.
He said his father had coffee with his wife, Margaret, and then went to Laurieton Public School to watch his grandchildren in a ceremony on the morning William disappeared.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/will...g-says-son-20150429-1mvs9b.html#ixzz3m0X6jN2Y

As BS son has posed for a photo that is attached to the article, I am assuming he spoke directly to the reporter.

As we now know Williams mother rung BS to find out what was happening with the part he sourced to repair the washing machine.
Colin told the media it had arrived Thursday afternoon.
BS did not want to do it at the weekend because he wanted to go to footy.
Nanna wanted it fixed because her family had arrived, which is why she told BS she wanted it fixed.

I am leaning toward mum's call being a where the bloody hell are ya Bill ..... call. We have plans.
Just my opinion.

It is interesting that we hear what his son says he did and what Col says he did...but then there has been nothing about the famous alibi since. Not even in the BS video. Very second hand info.
The reason they originally raided his properties was due to inconsistencies in his alibi (surely that wa s not the only reasons). If there were inconsistencies told to the police, every possibility the same stories were told to friends and concerned family who were all wanting to know where he was too. What else would you say?
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195546202

I think 10am still not possible to carry out the abduction within half an hour consider the time to drive to benaroon dr and WT had to happened to be running out in that precise moment.

True, about lifting a washing machine or moving a refrigerator but I still think that BS cannot run very quickly, don't feel like he can handle the pressure of an abduction. IMO

I worked for AustPost, small parcel delivery in a van. Numerous times I'd pull up to the house and excited kiddies would run out to greet me at the van like I was Santa arriving. I'd usually tell them to go get mummy. They'd ask questions while looking into the van. I'd locate the parcel from either the back of the van or at the side sliding door, then they'd follow me to the front door. Many times I mentioned this to the parents to be careful. :thinking:

I'm telling you now it would be very easy to put a child into a van, slide the door closed and drive away-windows up, no one would've heard a thing.

Children are perceptive. William might have anticipated excitement of a man coming and considered him a friend. He could have ran around close to the van/car. Kids do these things and are NOT always aware of their surroundings. That's why we hold their hands in public!

He was only 3 years old and Spedding is either very unlucky or very lucky.

I have said this before. The spiderman toy in his van was a little too convenient for me. I have thought a few times that this is a distinct possibility...did anyone dislike him enough to do this? Hmmm.
However it would take an enormous amount of planning (assuming no one knew WT and family were coming) and careful timing.

Did anyone dislike him enough to remove the 'S' from his van?? YES!

Mr Spedding said his father had told him that he was supposed to repair a washing machine at the Kendall house where William disappeared from on September 12.
He said his father had coffee with his wife, Margaret, and then went to Laurieton Public School to watch his grandchildren in a ceremony on the morning William disappeared.

This kind of reporting bothers me, we are reading what the media says the son said, it's not a quote and it can be read several ways.
1, Mr Spedding said his father had told him that he was supposed to repair a washing machine at the Kendall house.
The house
where William disappeared from on September 12.
2. Mr Spedding said his father had told him that he was supposed to repair a washing machine at the Kendall house where William disappeared from on September 12.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/will...g-says-son-20150429-1mvs9b.html#ixzz3m0X6jN2Y

As BS son has posed for a photo that is attached to the article, I am assuming he spoke directly to the reporter.

As we now know Williams mother rung BS to find out what was happening with the part he sourced to repair the washing machine.
Colin told the media it had arrived Thursday afternoon.
BS did not want to do it at the weekend because he wanted to go to footy.
Nanna wanted it fixed because her family had arrived, which is why she told BS she wanted it fixed.

I am leaning toward mum's call being a where the bloody hell are ya Bill ..... call. We have plans.
Just my opinion.

BS had a busy day :thinking:

That day, he has told police, he was repairing a fridge in a different town and also attended a school event.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...rson-of-interest/story-e6frg6nf-1227523621775

My theory as to why BS is still a POI, his alibi doesn't check out. The LE must have some doubts as to the validity of his alibi or he would have been cleared straight away. He's used public areas to explain where he was. Surely if he was in town, in the cafe or at the school presentation ONE independent person could verify that. Could the child who was getting the award not say "yeah, bill was there"?

Secondly BS is a repairman. His mobile phone is going to be permanently switched on and by his side so he can earn money. What if the police have checked out his phone pings and instead of the pinging at Laurieton where he should be they ping somewhere else, say Kendall?

Seeing as we are all back tracking now, can I ask does anyone know whether sniffer dogs would have been taken into BS's business premises and his home, before items were taken to forensics? Or are the dogs only used at the actual scene where the person has disappeared?

Seeing as we are all back tracking now, can I ask does anyone know whether sniffer dogs would have been taken into BS's business premises and his home, before items were taken to forensics? Or are the dogs only used at the actual scene where the person has disappeared?

Do police get dogs to check inside the cars? Was DNA found inside any of the vehicles. If so BS would have been charged by now.

My theory as to why BS is still a POI, his alibi doesn't check out. The LE must have some doubts as to the validity of his alibi or he would have been cleared straight away. He's used public areas to explain where he was. Surely if he was in town, in the cafe or at the school presentation ONE independent person could verify that. Could the child who was getting the award not say "yeah, bill was there"?

Secondly BS is a repairman. His mobile phone is going to be permanently switched on and by his side so he can earn money. What if the police have checked out his phone pings and instead of the pinging at Laurieton where he should be they ping somewhere else, say Kendall?

Exactly, if his alibi had checked out, and there was no confusion whether he was or wasn't expected at the house that day, no way would the police be so convinced he is involved, it was such an easy alibi to prove, all those people sitting in the assembly, mingling before and afterwards, not a soul appeared to remember him, as someone said he is either the luckiest or the unluckiest guy in Australia.

I can assure you, if police went down to the school my kids go to and ask the mothers whether they had seen me that day, not to mention teachers.
There would be a dozen alibis

Exactly, if his alibi had checked out, and there was no confusion whether he was or wasn't expected at the house that day, no way would the police be so convinced he is involved, it was such an easy alibi to prove, all those people sitting in the assembly, mingling before and afterwards, not a soul appeared to remember him, as someone said he is either the luckiest or the unluckiest guy in Australia.

Do police get dogs to check inside the cars? Was DNA found inside any of the vehicles. If so BS would have been charged by now.

I saw no evidence that they used dogs in the searches of those properties/vehicles.
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, but IIRC there is no indication dogs have been used in this case since the initial bush search and then around the Benaroon Drive property.

How accurate are dogs though anyway? The more cases I read about dogs that don't really help, the less I trust them. You're right about the DNA testing though, if WT's DNA had been found on the mattress, in the cars, or other items removed in that search then BS would long have been arrested and charged.

Originally Posted by Bohemian Thread #15

Further to the two cars seen on Benaroon Drive.

Update: I haven't forgotten about you frogwell. I have an appointment to see my friendly local panel beater tomorrow morning (they were run off their feet today as it's school holidays here next week). They are more than happy to try and help ID make and model of the white station wagon and grey sedan seen parked in Benaroon Drive on the day William disappeared.

Now I know how real investigators feel. Finding out information sometimes feels like wading waist deep through mud - you don't get anywhere quickly.

Bumping up again.

Further update:

I have a few leads about makes and models from the boys at the panel beater's that I need to follow-up (probably over the weekend).

It's curious IMO that they seemed puzzled by the make of the station wagon. The rear didn't seem to 'marry up' to the bonnet in their opinions. I suppose that could be due to William's FM's descriptions (eyewitness statements have been shown to be notoriously unreliable in some situations) and I can understand any inaccuracies given the circumstances.

Anyway, I don't know where this will lead, nevertheless, I'll keep plodding along until we're satisfied that we can ID the makes, models and years of manufacture of those two cars. It may not help to know but it certainly can't hurt.

I am not sure that police sniffer dogs could be used as evidence in court. I imagine they used them at the property initially to rule out the fact he could have been hiding/fallen down somewhere.
Having said that...I do have a friend in the business....I could ask him. It is an interesting question as to how much use they actually are as far as providing evidence. I also wonder if they pick up a scent, how do they tell where it ends? If they say it ends at the road, how do they know that isnt where it started (say when they arrived, or when he was riding his bike earlier)??

How accurate are dogs though anyway? The more cases I read about dogs that don't really help, the less I trust them. You're right about the DNA testing though, if WT's DNA had been found on the mattress, in the cars, or other items removed in that search then BS would long have been arrested and charged.

BBM I wonder though. Remember Kiesha Abrahams? They removed and tested her mattress and carpet very early on and said nothing for a year. They havent said (as far as I have seen) that there was no evidence...just that they finished the search???

I can assure you, if police went down to the school my kids go to and ask the mothers whether they had seen me that day, not to mention teachers.
There would be a dozen alibis

He could have arrived at the tail end of the ceremony so people would remember him there.

I think I am going to get yelled at for this, however, I found the article yesterday for launching the Bravehearts campaign resulted in me having a lot of mixed feelings.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...h-for-missing-toddler-20150917-gjorkf.html#ix

On one hand, I understand that the FP's are bound by NSW laws and that makes me furious for all family members involved that they cannot fully express themselves to the public. The idea that anyones's guardianship of other children may be jeopardised if they speak out in these extreme circumstances, quite deeply disgusts me. So federal politicians throw their weight behind the campaign. I don't believe they would do this unless the police pretty much guaranteed to them that they have no doubts in their mind about the FP's. I do have a gut reaction though when the federal member for Lyne is described as the Tyrell's local MP. It isn't true and most of us know that, however it is being reported as a fact. Why couldn't their own federal member have joined the campaign or have him described as the federal member who oversees the community of Kendall? This article is the last staw for me of the last few weeks of stories reporting on this case. Unforunately I see biased representation in the media and by the govt. to push a very particular line in this investigation. I'm not saying I think any particular party is responible for WT's disappearance. I'm saying, that when the skills of the media are applied to a situation and you can see that for whatever reason, are not able to report the full story, or just let the plain facts speak for themselves, it raises questions. The questions it raises for me unfortunately make me feel suspicious as I wonder at all parties integrity in this situation. To me , there isn't just a missing persons case being reported on but a strong PR campaign being run as well. Well, I know this isn't therapy, but this case really bugs me, it's so emotional. We all want WT to be found or know what has become of him, however there is no denying to me that during this investigation there are more unacknowledged victims in this case. IMO

12 Sept
Harnessing the media 's interest has been one of the teams key strategies.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...523621775?sv=1be6ed310e1cd29538c3b82917e14a83

23 Jan
Speddos is just down the street — the town’s main drag — from the local newspaper, and the national media were alerted;

Superintendent Paul Fehon, the officer in charge of the investigation, told Inquirer this week that there could be “very, very serious complications for them down the track if nothing eventuates”.

But questions will also be asked of the police if nothing eventuates with Spedding. They too have skin in this game...............

But this is far from over. Not for the police, not for the media, not for Bill Spedding and his family, and certainly not for the grieving family of William.

It was a frustrating case for the police. They went for months without a breakthrough. Not a single trace of young William had been uncovered. They claim that a tip-off was received through Crime Stoppers.
An excavator arrived shortly after. For two days they searched under the house. They scattered a wood heap and took away the remains of a fire pit and other items for analysis. They pumped out his septic tank as reporters from local and national media outlets looked on

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

IMO I do not think the media are too concerned about being sued by BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste