Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks kyja. Not 100% but getting there.

I can understand a t-shirt being flushed down the toilet by a 3-4 year old and being found in the septic system but, unless it was an outside drain, I can't see it fitting through an inlet and being found in waste water pipes.

Could someone refresh my memory please? Have investigators reported that a child's t-shirt was recovered from BS' house during the search?

Just an aside, I think the children living at the house prior to January this year were school-aged, not 3-4 year olds. I suppose that a child of that age could be part of their extended family or a visitor to the home.

Agree most likely to have been flushed. And most likely a child....unless someone was completely stuck and needed to get rid of something in a hurry. I suppose there is also the possibility that someone had no idea how a septic works (which is possible for someone who has always lived on town water). Most who are used to being on septic are pretty careful what you put down there (ie bleach, some washing powders, wine is a big no no too).
If it was shoved down a stormwater drain it would be unlikely to block it up (being a childs shirt)....and if it did, you would only notice if you had heavy rain and the drain overflowed (or if you emptied your pool/backwashed it I suppose). Stormwater drains have a pretty heavy duty capacity.
There has been no other mention of the shirt to my knowledge and I would guess if a plumber was called to clear the drain he would have run an electric eel down it which essentially would have chewed it up anyway.

'blocking a pipe'
Where does 'a pipe' go?

Ok pipe but it was retrieved from the pipe. Yes it could be a reason to search the tank but just clarifying it was not found in the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to let you know I'm thinking of William and his family today. It's the lead up to Christmas and I'm thinking about the presents I'm going to buy for my grandson and granddaughter. I pray that William will be able to share this Christmas with his loving family.

Glad to hear your ok Bohemian.Its heart breaking to think about Christmas for the family,and anyone who has lost a loved one especially at this time.I have been down that road myself.

Rather new, don't post often, so excuse me while I try to get better. I have read the threads - i wonder two things:

1. Do you think the Spiderman toy in WS work van is one that WT might have owned? I know I always knew which toys my son had and loved.

2. I can't find the lower resolution picture (the possible Skype one) you all are talking about, do you know where I might find that? Thank you.

Agree most likely to have been flushed. And most likely a child....unless someone was completely stuck and needed to get rid of something in a hurry. I suppose there is also the possibility that someone had no idea how a septic works (which is possible for someone who has always lived on town water). Most who are used to being on septic are pretty careful what you put down there (ie bleach, some washing powders, wine is a big no no too).
If it was shoved down a stormwater drain it would be unlikely to block it up (being a childs shirt)....and if it did, you would only notice if you had heavy rain and the drain overflowed (or if you emptied your pool/backwashed it I suppose). Stormwater drains have a pretty heavy duty capacity.
There has been no other mention of the shirt to my knowledge and I would guess if a plumber was called to clear the drain he would have run an electric eel down it which essentially would have chewed it up anyway.

I don't know what to make of it I can't see how flushing a t-shirt down your own toilet that belonged to a child you kidnapped would be a logical good idea to help get away with a crime. Especially when you know it could block a pipe & you might need a plumber's assistance. I would have thought you would burn it or dispose of it in a dumpster a long way a way from home. Maybe you would flush it if you desperately needed to dispose of it ASAP & couldn't burn it because other people were in the house. Just my thoughts.

I don't know what to make of it I can't see how flushing a t-shirt down your own toilet that belonged to a child you kidnapped would be a logical good idea to help get away with a crime. Especially when you know it could block a pipe & you might need a plumber's assistance. I would have thought you would burn it or dispose of it in a dumpster a long way a way from home. Maybe you would flush it if you desperately needed to dispose of it ASAP & couldn't burn it because other people were in the house. Just my thoughts.
bbm

Like, say the LE are at your front gate waiting to take you in for questioning??

Rather new, don't post often, so excuse me while I try to get better. I have read the threads - i wonder two things:

1. Do you think the Spiderman toy in WS work van is one that WT might have owned? I know I always knew which toys my son had and loved.

2. I can't find the lower resolution picture (the possible Skype one) you all are talking about, do you know where I might find that? Thank you.

hopefully this link works for you, otherwise check the sixty minutes channel nine programme parents interview, the photo is in the background pinned to a board with other photos when det jubelin is talking
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81306&d=1441961199

Glad to hear your ok Bohemian.Its heart breaking to think about Christmas for the family,and anyone who has lost a loved one especially at this time.I have been down that road myself.

So sorry for your loss, Andromeda. Christmas and other important anniversaries must be sad times for you. Sending you, and all who have lost a loved one, much love.

Just to clarify, greg, I just thought it could be any child's t-shirt, not particularly William's, that a child had flushed down the toilet. Plumbers find all sorts of things in pipes. When I moved into my current house the laundry pipes were blocked with pencils, of all things.

this little girl Tiahleigh palmer who was recently found dead was also a child with a complicated history and a foster child but there is no privacy or secrecy protecting her carers, so why in williams case? is it because he has a sister in care too?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-family-Tiahleigh-Palmer-12-body-river.html
[h=1][/h]

I think that's the simplest explanation. Also, probably because her remains have been located and William (or God forbid, his remains) haven't so he is technically a missing person.

this little girl Tiahleigh palmer who was recently found dead was also a child with a complicated history and a foster child but there is no privacy or secrecy protecting her carers, so why in williams case? is it because he has a sister in care too?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-family-Tiahleigh-Palmer-12-body-river.html
[h=1][/h]

I think this case is different, the privacy order (for want of a better term) seems to already have been in place before WT went missing hence the only person ever officially seen on camera and named even when he was first missing was the 'family friend' Nicole. I have reservations that it was put in place by DOCs though and not convinced it was the FP's either.

I think this case is different, the privacy order (for want of a better term) seems to already have been in place before WT went missing hence the only person ever officially seen on camera and named even when he was first missing was the 'family friend' Nicole. I have reservations that it was put in place by DOCs though and not convinced it was the FP's either.

Just wondering if you are saying, you don't know whether DOCs or the FP's had those orders put in place or are you thinking a third party had those orders put in place? In Caroline Overington's article in the Women's Weekly, she talks about who has put the suppression orders in place without naming them and writes that these orders have prevented the FP's from telling their compelling story. We can only read between the lines. I can assume from what is written around the subject that these orders were imposed upon the FP's however, I don't like to assume anything. You are right that there seemed to be something in place very early on in the piece and I have gone over some of the very 1st media releases of WT's disappearance just to see if there is any indication of an order being there on the 1st day he went missing. I would say the orders are there by the government department as there are too many relatives to WT who could have talked with media by now and none of them have talked in MSM and the journalists are respecting the orders. If a journalist thought something was really dodgy in this situation, I think they could not help themselves but go on air or print and face the consequences. e.g. Derryn Hinch comes to mind, although not calling him a journo.

Just wondering if you are saying, you don't know whether DOCs or the FP's had those orders put in place or are you thinking a third party had those orders put in place? In Caroline Overington's article in the Women's Weekly, she talks about who has put the suppression orders in place without naming them and writes that these orders have prevented the FP's from telling their compelling story. We can only read between the lines. I can assume from what is written around the subject that these orders were imposed upon the FP's however, I don't like to assume anything. You are right that there seemed to be something in place very early on in the piece and I have gone over some of the very 1st media releases of WT's disappearance just to see if there is any indication of an order being there on the 1st day he went missing. I would say the orders are there by the government department as there are too many relatives to WT who could have talked with media by now and none of them have talked in MSM and the journalists are respecting the orders. If a journalist thought something was really dodgy in this situation, I think they could not help themselves but go on air or print and face the consequences. e.g. Derryn Hinch comes to mind, although not calling him a journo.

Im not saying it is directly related to the case or that it is necessarily dodgy as such. It could be in place for other reasons totally unrelated to the abduction. It does seem to serve to muddy the waters somewhat though which certainly does give the impression that it is dodgy. I would say that whatever the reason, the legal implications of going against it would be very costly and possibly nothing more to gain than a bit of sensationalism.

Welcome KayCherry and thank you for joining us.

In regard to the picture of William you refer to, I contacted the local police near Kendall some time ago asking where this image originated from. I was told that my enquiry would be handed on to Strike Force Rosann. To cut a long story short I finally received a reply from the local police telling me that as it was handed onto to Strike Force Rosann they would not discuss it with the public and the local policeman could not give me any further information.

I wonder if there was a Spiderman toy found in Spedding's van? I don't know if I can trust the media on that one...was this confirmed? If an article says "according to a source..." I'm inclined to think it's made up to sell papers/ get page views.

This case is so confusing, frustrating and odd. Thanks for the update, Makara. Where are you, Firefighter William? I wish the police would release an update.

Welcome KayCherry and thank you for joining us.

In regard to the picture of William you refer to, I contacted the local police near Kendall some time ago asking where this image originated from. I was told that my enquiry would be handed on to Strike Force Rosann. To cut a long story short I finally received a reply from the local police telling me that as it was handed onto to Strike Force Rosann they would not discuss it with the public and the local policeman could not give me any further information.

[h=1][/h]

I think that's the simplest explanation. Also, probably because her remains have been located and William (or God forbid, his remains) haven't so he is technically a missing person.

Interesting you raised the topic of releasing information regarding children who go missing in foster care, bb. I have seen two news reports today where Hetty Johnston of Bravehearts has spoken out about the fact that information can't be released (ie, Amber Alert) until after a missing foster child is found dead (as in the recent tragic case below):

http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queen...ster-kids-need-more-help-20151109-gkuk5a.html

'Foster Carers Queensland CEO Bryan Smith said foster carers hands were "tied then in terms of what the confidentiality provisions under the act tell us we're allowed to do - which is essentially nothing. We can't do anything".'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4