Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read a comment saying that the graffiti was unlikely to be done by a geocacher as the point of the game is to keep the locations well hidden.

Was the spot really just a coincidence then?

Geocachers are annoyed that the media has tied the hobby to this, but they merely reported the police comment, “Given the circumstances of William’s disappearance, police are disappointed that it has been included in a recreational game."

Either the police found out who left the message and ruled them out, or they are playing it down. Surely they wouldn't just dismiss the graffiti as being included in the game and move on? The police vs public comments are conflicting.
I do not get being in the forest with spray paint? There were not any other trees (or anything else) found painted that we know of. What is someone gaining by doing this? Especially if knowing police would be all over it. Its just so weird.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I can't imagine geocachers going into the forest with bright spray paint. Someone went there with the spray paint, to the forest that was searched in the early days of the investigation, to leave that message. Wasn't it the forest police were searching for missing parts of a vehicle?

I feel like police are deliberately playing it down. "Oh, it was a game. Oh, the police helicopter just happened to be passing through at the time."

Maybe the spray painter knew it was a geo site and that their message would definitely be seen. I hope the police investigate this site (I'm sure they have or will) very odd.

Maybe the spray painter knew it was a geo site and that their message would definitely be seen. I hope the police investigate this site (I'm sure they have or will) very odd.

Yes, instant Internet 'fame'.

Interesting choice of colour....makes me think of Spiderman. Perhaps it was meant to. Or co-incidence.
Some people do carry spray paint for work (tree loppers, plumbers, council workers etc).
I think by the writing it was written by a child (or someone child-like in their approach to the English language).
I also think if the spelling and the lettering is incorrect it is possible they actually meant to write 'Jesus, Save William Tyrrell'

It would be interesting to know what an FBI profiler or an Aussie equivalent would have to say about this development.

That bright pink color paint looks a lot like the paint used by forestry for tree markingScreenshot_2016-02-09-14-00-05.jpg

Wonder if all the state forestry workers, rangers were investigated. I seem to remember way back in the threads a white 4 wheel drive that had approached a child in the area and there was a distinctive pattern on the mud guard? Then someone posted a picture of a ranger's vehicle. If so, they would likely have been involved in the search as well.

i wonder if the tree graffitti was written to look childlike or clumsy to disguise the persons writing? if this person knows what happened to william and knows he is deceased they would be really scared of being found out, either as the dobber or actual perp

I see an adults hand writing when I look at it. The letters have a lot of control to them and it looks writing by someone who uses spray cans and has experience writing on tricky surfaces. Moo

First time for me in this case where I feel concerned or worried about a development.

I think it looks like an adult's writing too. Spray painted writing would be messier than handwriting.

I sometimes mix my upper and lower case if I'm scrawling in a hurry or trying to fit something into a space.

Good point about forestry worker paint. If it was done by a forestry worker why wait til NOW?

I was also thinking... is "Jesus Saves" a bumper sticker?

Interesting choice of colour....makes me think of Spiderman. Perhaps it was meant to. Or co-incidence.
Some people do carry spray paint for work (tree loppers, plumbers, council workers etc).
I think by the writing it was written by a child (or someone child-like in their approach to the English language).
I also think if the spelling and the lettering is incorrect it is possible they actually meant to write 'Jesus, Save William Tyrrell'

BBM: Excellent point Wexford.

That bright pink color paint looks a lot like the paint used by forestry for tree markingView attachment 88831

I think it looks like an adult's writing too. Spray painted writing would be messier than handwriting.

I sometimes mix my upper and lower case if I'm scrawling in a hurry or trying to fit something into a space.

I think it's an adult too it is not easy to write on a limited space with a spray can. It's most likely a late teen and up in my opinion. William's last name was spelt wrongly in some news articles so I can understand writing Tyrell instead of Tyrrell. I think the police need to spend time looking closely at forestry workers and seeing if anyone has been closely following the case or talked about it often with colleagues. No stone should be left unturned.

in the current affair programme due to air the advert shows a man being interviewed in his driveway, i realize its probably the pervert pianist, it will be interesting to see if grandmothers house is visible in any of the surrounds or anything showing how far from her house if its in kendall

so derek nichols lived in a house backing onto kendall community preschool! thats a 6 minute drive from williams grandmothers street, benaroon drive.
and what a hideous creep pb is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member