Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully one of them will be able to help with determining when the painting was done. That would help police find the culprit(s).

A comment on the facebook post states that someone claims to have placed the compass a week ago and the paint wasn't on the stump. Geocaching is an innocent (and fun) game. I don't think the graffiti was a geocacher. Now to work out which cache it was (https://www.geocaching.com/map/#?ll=-31.689841,152.665951&z=13) as people log their 'finds'.

my best guess is this is the stump https://www.geocaching.com/geocache...ump?guid=da47ac0b-2953-4a81-97cf-bfd2a7cd714c. similar road, height of stump, and direction of cut. in the cache online log there are 2 photos of the stump shared by earlier geocachers (normal practice). both photos are taken from the other angle so no telling from this angle if it was painted at the time, but you'd imagine someone would have mentioned it in their log. the paint looks fresh so I seriously doubt when those photos were taken the graffiti was there.

How strange. His poor parents! Wouldn't it be eerie if it was linked to the case, not that police would tell us...

Surely it's not one of these sick men who align themselves with churches etc to justify that what they do is somehow 'saving' children.

Yes, I feel for his parents too. How much more do they have to bear?

How strange. His poor parents! Wouldn't it be eerie if it was linked to the case, not that police would tell us...

Yeah, the religious message is odd. I know police are playing it down but they do that a lot. I've watched the twists and turns in this case long enough to not discount anything! What if it's someone trying to reveal something? It's just so strange. Out in the middle of a forest? Was it Middle Brother police originally searched? This looks like it.

I don't have time to search now as have to head to an appointment, but surely it couldn't be anything as obvious as an old church? Old bearded man? Implications could be endless. Then again, it could just be cruel stupidity and someone's sick idea of a joke.

Reading some theories out there on the web. Some are speculating that the items were left for William, to find his way home? God, so weird.

Reading some theories out there on the web. Some are speculating that the items were left for William, to find his way home? God, so weird.

It's just totally bizarre. Whoever has done this is sick. A little boy is missing and his heartbroken family are desperate for news his disappearance is no joke or game. This is an unwelcome distraction from the purpose of finding out where he is and who is responsible. I hope the police find out who is responsible and issue a stern warning to prevent copycats.

Well said. If it's not connected then the culprit should at least be charged with public nuisance, wasting police resources...

In what context is the term "Jesus Saves" normally used? I was under the impression that it was related to "saving" people from their sins... not for saving missing persons...

Tyrrell geocache 'disappointing': police

Inside the container at the tree stump was a black compass put there by geocacher Shannon Kershaw, who said she was the last person to find that geocache site.

"Gazzy and I put that compass in there a few weeks back - there was no graffiti on the stump then though!" Ms Kershaw said on Facebook.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ache-disappointing-police#vux21WA9XRKrf64f.99

Whoever wrote this needs a slap up the head! I hope the police can determine who wrote it by the writing style. There are lower case letters mixed in with upper case letters and the name Tyrrell is spelt as Tyrell as it was in the early days of the investigaton.

uoNCoHT.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...e/news-story/305e546b1cc39b4670160920c240b2e1

So, the last confirmed sighting of the tree (before last night) was a few weeks ago.

The fellow who found the graffiti commented that it was fresh paint.

Someone has been to that tree, I would guess, in the past week?

I'm wondering if the culprit was also participating in geocaching. Did they leave one of the items (obviously not the compass?)

Did the person leave the message because they knew it would be found by a geocacher or a passerby (like the bloke who spotted it.) Is the tree visible from a road?

P.S. WB Makara!

Yeah, the religious message is odd. I know police are playing it down but they do that a lot. I've watched the twists and turns in this case long enough to not discount anything! What if it's someone trying to reveal something? It's just so strange. Out in the middle of a forest? Was it Middle Brother police originally searched? This looks like it.

Hi Angeline, yes it was Middle Brother that police searched about nine days after William disappeared.

The image below shows where the stump is located. Apparently the guy who found the writing on the stump sent text messages and photos to the police via his phone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-away-missing-toddler-seen.html#ixzz3zXMCXG4G

TfR5BCJ.jpg

Another image of the stump showing how close to the track the stump is. Why choose to write on this particular stump? Why choose to write on any stump for that matter? Who carries a tin of spray paint around with them in the bush? I get the impression that 'author' is a younger person.

When I first read about this I was horrified but after digesting it further I now think it is some sick attention seeker. I also think that Jubelin and his team will give this sicko all the attention he/she craves.

33p6AcM.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-away-missing-toddler-seen.html#ixzz3zXMCXG4G

Could be a young person, but the religious message is strange for a young person.

Edit: Been reading some comments about geocaching and people are saying the "supplies" are left in a location on a somewhat permanent basis? That the message has nothing to do with the game.

I found this on the web - http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=5149801&page=1. I don't speak German but I did a rough translation via Google translate and it reads something like this:

"Missing - do not forget me

My goal for now is to visit following Cach in Australia is:
missing - do not forget me (in the photo you can see missing children)

In approximately 100,000 children are reported missing in Germany - in most cases more than 99 percent of cases, the children are recovered safely after a short time.

But what about the 1 percent that are not found again?
Exactly, they remain missing.

With this coin, I would like to draw attention to all long-term missing persons.

In the media these children go (adults, children are their parents!) Too quickly under.
• the 5 year old Inga from Schönebeck is missing since 02/05/2015 - disappeared (www.woistinga.de)
• A case in Australia is frightening - William Tyrrell, just 3 years as he disappears without a trace September, 2014. From the garden of the grandmother! (www.whereswilliam.org)
• Felix Heger from Oftersheim has been missing since 06.01.2006. He was at the time 3 year old. His father, with whom he spent the time at the time, was found dead in the forest. By Felix no trace. (www.felix-info.net)

Many more cases of missing can be found here:

www.vermisstekinderfinden.de

We must all not close our eyes, each Note can help!"

Doesn't explain the spray painting though

A neighbour from across the road was accused of sexually assaulting a child family member. He pled guilty (so his wife says) because his lawyer told him if he pled guilty he would be sentenced to 2 years in jail. If he was FOUND guilty there were be a much longer sentence applied. I think Sandra is saying that he only pled guilty because being found guilty would incur a much harsher sentence. I think she thinks he is innocent of the charges.
Yes and can you imagine if you are on record as defending him. He is innocent, he only pleaded guilty because he did not want to go to jail.

Then this man not only breaches the court orders of the suspended sentence which allowed him to remain in the community, but he stands on the court house steps and declares I only harmed a child not children.

Could be a young person, but the religious message is strange for a young person.

Edit: Been reading some comments about geocaching and people are saying the "supplies" are left in a location on a somewhat permanent basis? That the message has nothing to do with the game.

Yes, apparently the guy who found the writing said that the paint looked fresh. The woman who last found the geocache at the base of the stump a few weeks ago said that there was no writing on the stump at that stage.

The message itself is quite strange. JeSUS SAVES WiLLiam TYRELL. This to me is indicative of the present tense with the word saves. Not has saved or will save. Irrespective of what the author was trying to get across, it makes me very, very angry!

Could the message be another way of saying WT is deceased, as in "saved by Jesus" in the afterlife? It is a weird kind of message.

in my opinion, the message i get from this is the person thinks william is deceased and was saved by Jesus,
i dont think it has anything to do with the geocaching though but do wonder why this area in the forest was chosen to spraypaint their message, does this person know something and this is their way of remaining anonymous?
most people graffitti buildings etc where their message will be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members