Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A sobering reminder of how dangerous our beautiful country can be :(
I had never heard of Patrick Hildebrand but was surprised to read that he was the brother of journalist, Joe Hildebrand - he speaks about Patrick's disappearance in his book which came out last year,
"Paddy loved nothing more than bushwalking... The forest ahead was calming and the way ahead was clear. And so we strolled lazily along the path, a couple of kids straggling behind and Paddy a few short metres ahead. Then he rounded a bend and we never saw him again."

Even after reading that article, it is mind boggling to me how someone can just vanish like that.

I guess that's why everyone seems to have lost interest in this case too, they just assume he has gone missing in the bush :/

Being lost in the bush was always a possibility. There are other possibilities, too, but many of them can't be discussed. This little boy is on my mind a lot, there just is so little I can say.

i check here and several fb etc pages for news every day, but im afraid people will soon lose interest with the ban on msm reporting and nobody allowed to talk about it, just trying to have faith police are still giving it top priority and dont need the publics help.
he is such a beautiful little boy, something special has drawn us all to him. i hope and pray hes found alive soon.

Excellent article Mel. Very interesting read!
Makes me think back to all the people I recall reading about, who went missing in the Australian bush...
It seemed everyone's initial instinctive belief that William was lost in the bush. Whilst it's been said that police were looking at all options from the outset, I did have the impression that their stronger belief was that he was in the bush.
And then I just kind of assumed that, because police/searchers had failed to find William in the bush and because police subsequently emphasised how many times they'd searched areas and that they didn't think he was in the bush anymore, that William could not have been in the bush. I guess I just had faith that the police must know what they're talking about and be quite confident in their level of certainty.
But it's true that there's just no 100% guarantee. The Paddy Hildebrand story is eerie; how he was just never found. In spite of being only ten minutes ahead of the others.

Excellent article Mel. Very interesting read!
Makes me think back to all the people I recall reading about, who went missing in the Australian bush...
It seemed everyone's initial instinctive belief that William was lost in the bush. Whilst it's been said that police were looking at all options from the outset, I did have the impression that their stronger belief was that he was in the bush.
And then I just kind of assumed that, because police/searchers had failed to find William in the bush and because police subsequently emphasised how many times they'd searched areas and that they didn't think he was in the bush anymore, that William could not have been in the bush. I guess I just had faith that the police must know what they're talking about and be quite confident in their level of certainty.
But it's true that there's just no 100% guarantee. The Paddy Hildebrand story is eerie; how he was just never found. In spite of being only ten minutes ahead of the others.
I googled an original newspaper article about Paddy and it mentioned that his autism could cause him to not realise he was lost and to just continue on further into the bush, also that they were unsure of how he would respond to searchers due to his autism.

The thing that has me stumped on the idea of William disappearing in the bush is that he was just three years old... surely tiny three year old legs can't go *that* far in *that* short amount of time, that not one of those hundreds of people (not to mention the dogs) looking for him so soon after he went missing, couldn't find a trace.

i check here and several fb etc pages for news every day, but im afraid people will soon lose interest with the ban on msm reporting and nobody allowed to talk about it, just trying to have faith police are still giving it top priority and dont need the publics help.
he is such a beautiful little boy, something special has drawn us all to him. i hope and pray hes found alive soon.

You are so right bearbear something special about this little boy.

I googled an original newspaper article about Paddy and it mentioned that his autism could cause him to not realise he was lost and to just continue on further into the bush, also that they were unsure of how he would respond to searchers due to his autism.

The thing that has me stumped on the idea of William disappearing in the bush is that he was just three years old... surely tiny three year old legs can't go *that* far in *that* short amount of time, that not one of those hundreds of people (not to mention the dogs) looking for him so soon after he went missing, couldn't find a trace.

True. That's a reality worth not losing sight of. How far would William have been inclined to or physically able to battle through bush. And not leave a trace.

I remember MSM stating they'd brought in 'child movement experts' (that's a thing?!? hah) who clarified how far he could conceivably have gone and so assisted defining the extent of the search area.

I remember MSM stating they'd brought in 'child movement experts' (that's a thing?!? hah) who clarified how far he could conceivably have gone and so assisted defining the extent of the search area.

Maybe the "expert" was just another 3 y/o the same size as William and they leashed him and let him wander to see where he would go :)

I haven't forgotten about William either. There is just nothing really to go on :/

I haven't posted here for a while. This case has bothered me, particularly as my family lives around the area and I just can't imagine anything sinister happening there. I can see why the first thoughts were that he had disappeared into the bush. Look at all the bushland!

It's so great to have a forum here where we can all put forward our thoughts without waiting for a news article to pop up that allows comments. There's Facebook as well, but I don't like all my friends seeing what I post, especially as nothing seems private on Facebook nowadays.

I apologise in advance if I post something that has already been posted, or if I post something not allowed. Please let me know if I do that.

Here goes:

Seeing as the police and volunteers have thoroughly searched the area, and trackers and sniffer dogs haven't turned up any clues to suggest he wandered beyond the yard, it does seem that something sinister has happened.

What baffles me is that the street is a cul-de-sac, and you wouldn't really go there unless you had a reason. It's not a thoroughfare, such as in cases where a child has been snatched off the street. I simply cannot imagine an abductor cruising a cul-de-sac with vigilant neighbours living on it.

This makes me think of two options:

Somebody was specifically after William, and they knew where to find him. They waited/hid until the second his sister, mother and grandmother weren't looking. This could be someone who knows William.

The other scenario (far more sinister) is that somebody unknown to the family saw William and wanted to abduct him. They may have seen him when the family was driving to Kendall, maybe if they stopped for a rest or petrol? They could then have followed the family to the house, and come back later. This option seems unlikely to me for some reason, though. It seems like a lot of hard work and there couldn't have been any prior planning. How did they know the family wasn't driving all the way to Cairns?? Nonetheless I hope police have checked CCTV cameras in any places the family could have stopped.

It's so baffling. I really hope the police know more than they are letting on because this is the stuff of nightmares.

P.S. It's also possible that the police have always had someone in mind and are now just trying to get the evidence together.

I haven't posted here for a while. This case has bothered me, particularly as my family lives around the area and I just can't imagine anything sinister happening there. I can see why the first thoughts were that he had disappeared into the bush. Look at all the bushland!

It's so great to have a forum here where we can all put forward our thoughts without waiting for a news article to pop up that allows comments. There's Facebook as well, but I don't like all my friends seeing what I post, especially as nothing seems private on Facebook nowadays.

I apologise in advance if I post something that has already been posted, or if I post something not allowed. Please let me know if I do that.

Here goes:

Seeing as the police and volunteers have thoroughly searched the area, and trackers and sniffer dogs haven't turned up any clues to suggest he wandered beyond the yard, it does seem that something sinister has happened.

What baffles me is that the street is a cul-de-sac, and you wouldn't really go there unless you had a reason. It's not a thoroughfare, such as in cases where a child has been snatched off the street. I simply cannot imagine an abductor cruising a cul-de-sac with vigilant neighbours living on it.

This makes me think of two options:

Somebody was specifically after William, and they knew where to find him. They waited/hid until the second his sister, mother and grandmother weren't looking. This could be someone who knows William.

The other scenario (far more sinister) is that somebody unknown to the family saw William and wanted to abduct him. They may have seen him when the family was driving to Kendall, maybe if they stopped for a rest or petrol? They could then have followed the family to the house, and come back later. This option seems unlikely to me for some reason, though. It seems like a lot of hard work and there couldn't have been any prior planning. How did they know the family wasn't driving all the way to Cairns?? Nonetheless I hope police have checked CCTV cameras in any places the family could have stopped.

It's so baffling. I really hope the police know more than they are letting on because this is the stuff of nightmares.

P.S. It's also possible that the police have always had someone in mind and are now just trying to get the evidence together.
Couldn't agree more with everything you have said. One thing though, I wonder why a possible abductor specifically after william didn't abduct William from his home. That kind of abductor would surely have been taking a pretty long shot following them all the way up to Kendall from Killara. Apparently very few people knew they were heading up there. Would the abductor have somehow known they were headed there and that it could be a good opportunity (ie known the place was not fenced etc), or could he or she have really just been following that family all that way, just hoping for the right set of circumstances to abduct William? So baffling.

Couldn't agree more with everything you have said. One thing though, I wonder why a possible abductor specifically after william didn't abduct William from his home. That kind of abductor would surely have been taking a pretty long shot following them all the way up to Kendall from Killara. Apparently very few people knew they were heading up there. Would the abductor have somehow known they were headed there and that it could be a good opportunity (ie known the place was not fenced etc), or could he or she have really just been following that family all that way, just hoping for the right set of circumstances to abduct William? So baffling.

Good point. I hadn't thought of that. It could go back to what someone mentioned earlier in the thread - that maybe they were going to Kendall to get away from someone. It doesn't explain the exhaustive land searches, though... unless they are searching for evidence to nail the person they think is responsible. All I know is that there HAS to be more to this case that we haven't been told. Everything about the circumstances, what has been reported, just doesn't seem logical.

I hope I am not wrong....but I take the police/media silence to be a positive thing. If the police were truly "baffled" as reported then one would assume they would be putting out as much information and flooding the media for help to get William's little face out there in the public.....this is not the case...as we are witnessing an almost total "media" blackout on William being missing. Also...even though we can't discuss FB pages - no pages to discuss....FB pages have been removed of specific people related to William...this can not happen overnight...(usually FB takes 28 days to remove pages)...but obviously with police involvement it can be done much sooner...and has...so I believe they are on top of the case.

Very baffling. If someone was targeting William specifically, they would have needed to follow the family to Kendall- William had never been there before, so no one was just hanging out waiting for them to arrive. Could they have been followed? It would seem unlikely to me, pretty risky to grab a child in an area you dont know. That said, I guess it is possible. Does anyone know about the fixed traffic cameras? Are images stored from those cameras, or is it just a live feed? From what I can see, if the family traveled the most likely route between Killara and Kendall they would have passed at least 6 traffic cameras: http://www.organicbuyersgroup.com.au/traffic.html

We know William has a complicated background. Whatever that might be, the family dont seem to have jumped to that as the reason William went missing. They called the neighbours, the police- everyone started searching the bush. Abduction wasn't mentioned for a few days. There was a very intense focus on the bush- if there were any clear likely kidnappers, would there not be roadblocks, appeals for specific vehicles as well as the search of the bush?

I wonder what the ages of the other children in the street are? Someone posted earlier (I cant find it, but I am sure I saw it) that their child has the same/similar spider suit. Does it have a hood? If William was in his suit, he may have been mistaken for another child in the street- especially if he had a hood on his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966