Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I didn't catch how old this girl is, but I am assuming she must be old enough to be able to walk alongside the abducting woman. Just makes you realise how readily some children can be 'led' away.

So unusual for it to be his first visit to Grandma's when he's 3 years old!

Both sets of grandparents for my kids live relatively close by. My kids go to my parents place all the time. They hardly ever go to the inlaws though. My mother in law has every knickknack known to man, and they are all down low where kids can break them. She also has terrible fencing, with dams/roads nearby. Far less stressful to stay at home and have grandparents come to us. I wondered about how "kid friendly" the house might be. If it is not set up for children, that could explain why the children hadn't been there before. Might also explain why the kids were outside- even when they were drawing (in the last photo) they were sitting on a deck outside. The only other things I could think of as to why it was his first visit were 1. Had grandma not long moved in? 2. Did one of the kids get car sick- enough to put off travel?

Is it just me, or does there seem to have been a spate of unsuccessful (thank goodness) abduction/child snatching attempts in different parts of the country over the past few weeks?

Almost every article since William disappeared has quoted that he was with his sister.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...064608526?nk=7526bece9b3d0adc8ea5266fbc9506ee
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-09-...missing-boy-william-tyrell-police-say/5753152
This one says that she was there, and that the police interviewed her:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/search-fo...rs-fourth-day-in-kendall-20140915-10gy0o.html
This article has two quotes, relevant to the sister:
One of the adults took a photograph on a phone of an *excited William in his Spider-Man suit with his sister, head down in the background, *engrossed in drawing.
The phone on which the last photograph of William was taken has been analysed — the photo was taken “within an hour” of his disappearance.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

From everything that has been reported, William was playing with his sister.

<modsnip>. The media get loads of stuff wrong half the time they cant even get a person age correct. From what I have been told photos can be doctored. The police only tell the public what they want too. <modsnip>
I am only looking at the FACTS. THE POLICE ARE BAFFLED THE DOGS FOUND NO SCENT. NO HAIR NOTHING WAS FOUND. VANISHED WITHOUT A TRACE. Ask the question how hard would it be to completely remove someone's DNA.

I thought the references in msm to 'no scent' referred to no scent found beyond the property. I don't think I've seen any reports saying no scent (or hair) was found at the home - I doubt that is 'fact'. It has been reported that the sister was present, and that she had been interviewed by police (I'd assume on the very day William went missing) in many msm sources. They can't all be incorrect. As far as the photo goes - yes they can be doctored, but to the experts who would have verified the photo in question, that doctoring would have also been evident.
We're all just offering our own opinions here - but as we have been reminded repeatedly, they have to be based on facts presented in msm and by police.

The parents that William was with at the time are amazing people <modsnip>

Both sets of grandparents for my kids live relatively close by. My kids go to my parents place all the time. They hardly ever go to the inlaws though. My mother in law has every knickknack known to man, and they are all down low where kids can break them. She also has terrible fencing, with dams/roads nearby. Far less stressful to stay at home and have grandparents come to us. I wondered about how "kid friendly" the house might be. If it is not set up for children, that could explain why the children hadn't been there before. Might also explain why the kids were outside- even when they were drawing (in the last photo) they were sitting on a deck outside. The only other things I could think of as to why it was his first visit were 1. Had grandma not long moved in? 2. Did one of the kids get car sick- enough to put off travel?

I think this would have to be one of the saddest cases yet. We all care and we mean well just to know if this little angel is alive or dead. I'll be bloody angry if the 'authorities' thought we needn't know either way.

Mel, at 10am on 12th September was still cool wintery mornings so maybe you are right about grandma having too many breakable knickknacks for little children so they sat outside to catch some sun.

<modsnip>. The media get loads of stuff wrong half the time they cant even get a person age correct. From what I have been told photos can be doctored. The police only tell the public what they want too. <modsnip>
I am only looking at the FACTS. THE POLICE ARE BAFFLED THE DOGS FOUND NO SCENT. NO HAIR NOTHING WAS FOUND. VANISHED WITHOUT A TRACE. Ask the question how hard would it be to completely remove someone's DNA.

Sorry if I have offended- I didnt mean to!

As far as the scent goes, I myself asked about the lack of scent in post #348 of this thread. A number of WS members responded to my inquiry. I dont know about hair- or the lack thereof- I have not seen any reports about hair.

I can only look at the facts as I know them- as they have been reported. Sadly, I dont know all the facts. I wish so much that I did- or that anyone did, for little Williams sake. The idea of what all of Williams family and friends must be going through is heartbreaking.

So unusual for it to be his first visit to Grandma's when he's 3 years old!
I don't think so, not when they don't live in the same city. My son only went to his grandfathers house for the first time at two (hours drive away) and still hasn't been to his grandmothers (different state). He'd met them much younger (ie at birth) though, because it's much easier for grandparents to travel to the parents house than lug small children/babies hours away. There is so much paraphernalia associated with babies and toddlers to cart along with you plus the childproofing issue too. Honestly the visit to granddads at 2 was a PITA as far as childproofing was concerned and I'd have preferred the visit to have been when he was older but it wasn't only up to me... I had to watch him like a hawk the entire time. Easy access to road and to high balcony and open windows etc that just aren't an issue at home.

I thought the references in msm to 'no scent' referred to no scent found beyond the property. I don't think I've seen any reports saying no scent (or hair) was found at the home - I doubt that is 'fact'. It has been reported that the sister was present, and that she had been interviewed by police (I'd assume on the very day William went missing) in many msm sources. They can't all be incorrect. As far as the photo goes - yes they can be doctored, but to the experts who would have verified the photo in question, that doctoring would have also been evident.
We're all just offering our own opinions here - but as we have been reminded repeatedly, they have to be based on facts presented in msm and by police.

Supt Fehon made the grim announcement this morning that "Experts cannot substantiate Survival Could exist''
The complete absent of evidence ---TRACKS, SCENT TRAILS PIECES OF CLOTHING, BLOOD,OR HAIR has heightened fears he may have been abducted.

I think they followed the abduction angle from the very start, they just had to go into the bush as well because it would have been completely remiss not to. They started saying they were investigating abduction very early on. I imagine the parents had a suspicion immediately that it is related to the family's "complicated circumstances".

The kidnapping statistics are quite frightening - http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Lookup/4510.0main+features102013

There is a report from a decade ago that has stranger abductions at 62% of the total - http://aic.gov.au/publications/current series/cfi/101-120/cfi103.html which I admit I find quite surprising, I would assume most abductions would be custody related.

Just to clarify, some of the stats were broken down for victims under 19, but the 62% applies to all abductions - ie adults as well. It includes robberies & extortions too, not just sex crimes.

Stranger abductions in Australia really are quite rare - even in NSW where we have the highest rate
http://www.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/bocsar/bocsar_mr_cjb94.html?s=1001
In cases of actual abduction, strangers were the most likely perpetrators but they made up less than half (43%) of all offenders. The three dominant motives for actual abductions were sexual desire (35%), robbery (29%) and retribution.

In the six-month period examined, five children under the age of 15 were abducted for sexual reasons. One of them was aged less than 10. A stranger abducted two of the children but the other two were abducted by someone known to them (in one case the relationship was unknown).

Supt Fehon made the grim announcement this morning that "Experts cannot substantiate Survival Could exist''
The complete absent of evidence ---TRACKS, SCENT TRAILS PIECES OF CLOTHING, BLOOD,OR HAIR has heightened fears he may have been abducted.

Those quotes were still in reference to the bush searches, not the home & yard ie - no trace in the bush means it's highly unlikely that he was ever wandering through the bush alone.

Those quotes were still in reference to the bush searches, not the home & yard ie - no trace in the bush means it's highly unlikely that he was ever wandering through the bush alone.
Thanks - that's my understanding of the police comments too.

Simply up to Interpretation. The home never got a mention as of course there would have been some things scattered around with Scent .

William's grandmother's house has been searched from the roof cavity to the basement.

By now, a couple of dozen *locals were looking for William. Within a few hours, police with sniffer dogs arrived from Port Macquarie. The bush surrounding the house had been &#8220;contaminated&#8221; but the handlers, with their dogs, swept further out into the bush. They could pick up no scent. &#8220;If a person was out there, the dogs would have been aware of it,&#8221; Fehon explains.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3FyV1ht5P

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...y-william-tyrell/story-e6frg6nf-1227064608526

William's grandmother's house has been searched from the roof cavity to the basement.

By now, a couple of dozen *locals were looking for William. Within a few hours, police with sniffer dogs arrived from Port Macquarie. The bush surrounding the house had been &#8220;contaminated&#8221; but the handlers, with their dogs, swept further out into the bush. They could pick up no scent. &#8220;If a person was out there, the dogs would have been aware of it,&#8221; Fehon explains.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-i...e-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html#ixzz3FyV1ht5P

Thanks Amee good to reread those links. It is such a huge mystery when even the Superintendent says he hasn't even got a hunch.
I'm not sure how they can eliminate the river now, after a month a body could have been washed into the Tasman Sea. This case is so frustrating for us, must be even more so for the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966