Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kiwi50 a secluded place on the river appears to be only 7 minutes & 2.2 kilometres away unless there is a closer point to the river.
It is a sad realisation to think this could have happened.
Thanks for this, that's just what I was looking for, trying to figure out if it was within walking distance for William and what type of ground he would have to cover if he had walked there. the river appears quite long and drains into a couple of lakes, I know divers have been looking in some places but I do think it would be easy to miss him especially if the river was flowing, he could have been washed into the Tasman Sea.

Thanks for this, that's just what I was looking for, trying to figure out if it was within walking distance for William and what type of ground he would have to cover if he had walked there. the river appears quite long and drains into a couple of lakes, I know divers have been looking in some places but I do think it would be easy to miss him especially if the river was flowing, he could have been washed into the Tasman Sea.

7 minutes by car so it's a possibility he was driven there and if that's the case his little body could have been weighted down. (Sorry)
I haven't got the link but I recall the divers looked like they were in a reedy type lagoon.

If he did make it to the river by himself wouldn't the dogs have picked up his scent?

7 minutes by car so it's a possibility he was driven there and if that's the case his little body could have been weighted down. (Sorry)
I haven't got the link but I recall the divers looked like they were in a reedy type lagoon.

I was thinking more of William walking. Looking at your map, assuming the green pin is grandmothers house, if William was to cross the road at the end of the street and keep walking , the ground between there and the river looks quite open, if he walked almost as the crow flies, I think that would be shorter than following the road ( I could only measure it with a bit of string) it also would come out at a wider part of the river( assuming that is the river I'm looking at)

I don't feel a sense of emergency shown in Williams disappearance. Where are all the pleas???? I want to believe that police know something and are maybe trying to lull someone into a false sense of safety. I can't think of anything that would stop me from trying to contact as much media as I could to find my boy, unless I knew something that would make me believe keeping quite is better.
So confusing

I don't feel a sense of emergency shown in Williams disappearance. Where are all the pleas???? I want to believe that police know something and are maybe trying to lull someone into a false sense of safety. I can't think of anything that would stop me from trying to contact as much media as I could to find my boy, unless I knew something that would make me believe keeping quite is better.
So confusing

What a strange case it has been from the start. Nothing has added up and its like no one really gives a toss about little William. If his parents don't want to get up and fight for his safe return why don't they ask someone else to do it for them. It makes me feel so mad as like you I would be screaming his name from the rooftops if he were my son.

Guys please lay off questioning why the family isn't making any public pleas.

Police have most likely asked them to remain silent. Quite often, while investigations are ongoing, police will hold all information to themselves without even notifying the families.

There's a perfect example in one of our missing person cases. This member is a sister of a missing woman.

From one of her posts....

While I know it's frustrating that you do not have all the details, suffice to say, neither do we. The police aren't telling us everything for whatever reasons that they have in undertaking the investigation and with the details that we do have, much of it we have been asked to keep to ourselves for a variety of reasons.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...a-Leisl-Smith-23-Central-Coast-19-August-2012

watching this it looks like detectives are looking around a window in a brick house? if this is the grandmothers house, could they be thinking someone had been watching the children through the window beforehand? maybe fingerprints to match someone locally on file?

I would hope they checked all around the house for evidence like finger prints and foot tracks on the first day William went missing.

I imposed a simple rule on my children that my mom had imposed on me. "Stay where I can see you." I find it astonishing that it was like the Kendall neighbors say, that there were kids out playing in the street all the time. Really? At least a couple of moms would be out keeping watch. Is this some sort of culture gap between the US and Australia?

There's many things that can happen short of a child turning up missing. They could get hurt, fight with another kid, or even meet up with an animal. William is only 3. I don't think mom and grandmom's explanation would fly here in the US. Looking at that house, I don't think I would feel secure with my little ones being out of sight.

Family friend Nicole spoke on behalf of the family 'there's extra photos out there of William, and they just want people everywhere to see his face, to know what he looks like and to just say and tell the police anything that they might know or any slightest bit of information that they have if they've seen him'
http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-...leads-in-william-tyrell-disappearance/5747954
It's easy to forget that the family did reach out. Nicole hasn't been back and you would think if she was willing to speak on behalf of the family in the early stages she wouldn't mind doing it again. Must be a good reason for the silence

I would hope they checked all around the house for evidence like finger prints and foot tracks on the first day William went missing.

I imposed a simple rule on my children that my mom had imposed on me. "Stay where I can see you." I find it astonishing that it was like the Kendall neighbors say, that there were kids out playing in the street all the time. Really? At least a couple of moms would be out keeping watch. Is this some sort of culture gap between the US and Australia?

There's many things that can happen short of a child turning up missing. They could get hurt, fight with another kid, or even meet up with an animal. William is only 3. I don't think mom and grandmom's explanation would fly here in the US. Looking at that house, I don't think I would feel secure with my little ones being out of sight.

bbm. I'm the same re the 'stay where I can see you' rule. And I think in the cities in Australia it would be highly unusual for the kids to be playing in the streets by themselves. But in rural areas, it does still happen.

I live in a beachside area in Northern NSW (which is not a backwater or an isolated place like some rural areas) and our street always has lots of kids playing unattended on it. (which totally freaks me out, what with the info we know from WS as well as my past work in child protection :facepalm:) but it's actually not uncommon around here. So I'm thinking it might be the same down there.

Hi Everyone - Long time lurker - First time poster. Although it is very uplifting to see the public involvement:blowkiss: re Little William*s disappearance it is also very frustrating :banghead: given the complexity of this case and privacy protecting the family involved. I can think of a few scenarios but we need to be aware of and respect the strict rules of this forum and rely only on what information we are given by police reports and media. From day one my gut feeling has been the coincidence in the timing of Dad*s errand and Little William*s disappearance. <modsnip>

Also something else that stands out in my mind is the photo of Little William sitting up in that truck with a hat on. During the first week of the investigation there was a media report about a man in a truck seeing a fat woman in a car near Grandmas house. Could there be a connection with this truck maybe heading interstate. I really feel that William is with someone known to him & that he is being cared for as I am trying to stay positive for his wellbeing and his safe return:please::angel::candle::tears::maddening::confused:.

It really is mind boggling to think how many 'coincidences' must have come together to enable William to disappear without a trace:
1. That he was in Kendall, not at home in Sydney, and that it was his first time there
2. That the grandmother's house is so close to bush, which makes searching the bush a natural step to take - however it could also muddy the waters or buy time for an abductor
3. That the house in Kendall is unfenced
4. That William was playing outside
5. That the sister, whom he was playing with, happened to be inside at that very moment
6. That the mother and grandmother were inside/at the back of the house rather than hovering around William at that very moment
7. That William's father had gone off on an errand, further diluting the adult presence at the house at that very moment

I'm not suggesting that all this makes the disappearance a 'set up', but I'm just amazed at how many concurrent variables there were for such an enormous mystery to ensue!!

I think a similar confluence of 'coincidences' could be made for every single missing child whose disappearance is a mystery, though, no matter what the actual cause turns out to be. A split second, just a brief a minute, of non-supervision (and we ALL have those, if we're honest about it) in public, and especially in a familiar yard, is all it takes. Happens all the time.

If William was taken by a seasoned predator, it might simply come down to this: some pedos are *expert* child abductors whose every waking moment and probably many sleeping ones are centered on their sexual predilection for kids -- and how to get access to them. It's their actual job, their calling in life, and they can hunt for opportunities the way I hunt for cold case clues or bargain luxury yarns on ebay.

I don't think a country /demi rural person leaving the kids to play outside for a few minutes is anything unusual, in my experience it's normal life (less normal, if the children are very young and there's no fence, mind you). And with all that said, it's also natural for our ears to perk up at ripples of oddity in the family situation or the scene of abduction...

What's actually making me go hmmm is the tight lips and hidden background. The rest seems pretty ordinary. I've still no strong feeling either way at this point, which is unusual for me! I can't imagine how frustrated everyone involved in the search and investigation must be by now.

I think a similar confluence of 'coincidences' could be made for every single missing child whose disappearance is a mystery, though, no matter what the actual cause turns out to be. A split second, just a brief a minute, of non-supervision (and we ALL have those, if we're honest about it) in public, and especially in a familiar yard, is all it takes. Happens all the time.

If William was taken by a seasoned predator, it might simply come down to this: some pedos are *expert* child abductors whose every waking moment and probably many sleeping ones are centered on their sexual predilection for kids -- and how to get access to them. It's their actual job, their calling in life, and they can hunt for opportunities the way I hunt for cold case clues or bargain luxury yarns on ebay.

I don't think a country /demi rural person leaving the kids to play outside for a few minutes is anything unusual, in my experience it's normal life (less normal, if the children are very young and there's no fence, mind you). And with all that said, it's also natural for our ears to perk up at ripples of oddity in the family situation or the scene of abduction...

What's actually making me go hmmm is the tight lips and hidden background. The rest seems pretty ordinary. I've still no strong feeling either way at this point, which is unusual for me! I can't imagine how frustrated everyone involved in the search and investigation must be by now.

I absolutely agree with your post Ausgirl.....

I absolutely agree with your post Ausgirl.....

I agree totally too. But I still think it's even more of a 'freak' case than, say, abducting a child walking to or from school, or from the side of a road. In the former scenario, the walk may be part of a child's routine. In the latter, it may not have been part of a routine, but the window of opportunity may be a lot larger (thinking of Daniel Morcombe) than with William.

If it was an abductor, he wasn't hanging out near a school or playground. It wasn't during school holidays. Although perhaps the person was targeting pre-school age children in particular. An abductor, if a stranger, could not have known William would be there as it wasn't William's home. However, perhaps such a person had a plan as to which area he planned to abduct a child from - somewhere around Benaroon Drive. And William just happened to be there. Alternatively, a person could have spotted the family the day before or on the way up from Sydney, and followed.

I know we aren't meant to keep discussing foster/bio issues as no facts have been stated. What has been stated as fact by police, and reported in msm, is that police were working together with DOCS on this case. That, to my knowledge, is not routine for all missing persons under the age of eighteen. So whilst we don't know precisely why DOCS were brought in, we can assume that there is a 'child protection' matter of some sort in relation to William.

As far as other children playing in the street go- it was a school day- any school aged children would have been at school. Also a work day, so any children with working mums may have been in day care. Other toddlers may have been at preschool. Even though there are other children living in the street (as we saw in the media) they may not have been out and playing that morning. From everything I read in the media, William and his sister were out playing in the yard- not in the street. The house is on the corner- I dont know how visible the kids would be to neighbours.

This is all so mysterious. It frustrates me so much, I cant imagine what it is doing to Williams family.

As far as the secrecy goes- I have my own theories, which I wont speculate on here. All I will say is that William was there with his sister. There is a good chance that the privacy requirements are in place to protect that sister. That is enough for me.

I agree totally too. But I still think it's even more of a 'freak' case than, say, abducting a child walking to or from school, or from the side of a road. In the former scenario, the walk may be part of a child's routine. In the latter, it may not have been part of a routine, but the window of opportunity may be a lot larger (thinking of Daniel Morcombe) than with William.

If it was an abductor, he wasn't hanging out near a school or playground. It wasn't during school holidays. Although perhaps the person was targeting pre-school age children in particular. An abductor, if a stranger, could not have known William would be there as it wasn't William's home. However, perhaps such a person had a plan as to which area he planned to abduct a child from - somewhere around Benaroon Drive. And William just happened to be there. Alternatively, a person could have spotted the family the day before or on the way up from Sydney, and followed.

I know we aren't meant to keep discussing foster/bio issues as no facts have been stated. What has been stated as fact by police, and reported in msm, is that police were working together with DOCS on this case. That, to my knowledge, is not routine for all missing persons under the age of eighteen. So whilst we don't know precisely why DOCS were brought in, we can assume that there is a 'child protection' matter of some sort in relation to William.

The mum neighbours comment ( on the Today show? I think) has stayed with me........she said something along the lines of "theres always kids playing in the front yards, on their own " not exact quote....It made me think that a creep could have had that area flagged as a regular spot to cruise...

I don't think someone would be cruising the streets of Kendall without a legitimate reason to be there, because it is such a small town and you'd soon be noticed. The population is under 1000, there are only 200 kids at the local school and I imagine many of them are from surrounding areas.

I am sure the school kids do play outside, but I imagine it'd be rare for small children William's age to be unsupervised outdoors. And the grandmother was outside.

I wonder who the Grandmother told about their upcoming visit? I really hope they have an idea of who has him and it is just a matter of finding him. I keep thinking of Eeva Dorendahl as the time marches on, and what desperate people will do.

I really believe the police have no more idea today, than they did at least two weeks ago when the top police guy asked the journalists for their theories.
When they are asking for EVERYONE who was in Kendall the day William vanished to come forward it shows how desperate they are.
Sadly I just can't see him being found alive, even finding him at all must be becoming more remote by the day.

Hi Mel 1303, Just wondering how you know that William was there with his Sister? you sound pretty positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double