Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It says neices in the article. Might be his brother or another brother-in law, or a brother, brother-in-law of his wife. MOO

Would still be in keeping with the charges he is facing, good chance the case is related.

Yes, I think so too.

And ....... "The court heard some of the Victorian charges mirror those Spedding faces in NSW and involve one of the same complainants."

Which confirms that the NSW case was against family members, too.
Thank goodness they (finally) got her grandchildren out of their home in Bonny Hills.

Was it mentioned when the Ballarat proceedings were reported that another adult was allegedly involved, or am I imagining that?

Was it mentioned when the Ballarat proceedings were reported that another adult was allegedly involved, or am I imagining that?

Very little information was given in the articles relating to the Victorian charges IIRC. MOO

Not sure how the info in this news article could relate to BS?

At first I wondered if the article could in fact be about BS's notorious ex-brother-in-law, but I see that he is in prison for life already, and he has, I'm sure, already been placed on the sex offender registry for life.

The age of the man matches BS, but I can't see BS pleading guilty, even if only to get a drastically reduced sentence, considering his newsworthiness at this time. Also, wasn't his application for a suppression order denied? And so the court would have no reason not to publish his name? ("Magistrate Mark Stratmann refused the suppression order application"). Also, it was said that his Victorian trial was not to commence until October if I'm not mistaken, but yet it is only September 23? ("Spedding will return to the Ballarat Magistrates Court in October.") Usually court dates get put back further, rather than sped up? This man plead guilty to 3 charges, however it was said that BS was facing 7 charges? ("Spedding, 65, is facing seven charges of indecent assault children in Victoria between 1983 and 1987."). Also the years seem to be different for when the abuse occurred? ("molested two of his nieces over about eight years in the late 80s and early 90s, when they lived at the same property.", as opposed to "charges of indecent assault children in Victoria between 1983 and 1987.") Also the article states that he wasn't charged because he had gone to the 'Northern Territory' ("One of the victims told her school friend about her abuse in 1992, prompting a police investigation. But the man wasn't charged until police located him in the Northern Territory years later."). And I also haven't heard of BS having failing health, has anyone else? ("He took into account the man's poor health")

jmo

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e/news-story/214436cc80e82914a9827d1987d00a37

Neighbour Anne-Maree Sharpley remembers seeing William Tyrell’s distressed mother frantically pacing the quiet street where they both live searching for her son just minutes after he went missing.

“You could tell she was very distressed when she first came to us,” Mrs Sharpley said.

“I just remember saying ‘don’t worry, we’ll find him’, and that has stuck with me because obviously they didn’t find him.

“I waited with her while she called the police.”

Shortly after, William’s father returned from shopping and quickly began to grasp the urgency of the situation.

“I remember standing there in tears watching him run up and down the street, calling out William’s name with sweat pouring off him. It was heartbreaking,” she said.

“The longer it goes on, the worse it gets. Never once did we think that we wouldn’t find him here.”

Wondering who " us" is?

In many articles, it sounds like one person was at home or two in various residence on Benaroon Drive that morning, and then it is indicated that there were more people home but they have not been referred to or quoted in MSM. So when someone in the street says that they were not there that morning, or their spouse, doesn't mean there wasn't someone still left at home.

Wondering why you would be crying at the beginning of a search, especially when trying to support others and keep them calm and go into action mode?

Why at the beginning of the search was it heartbreaking watching the FP?

Thinking of my own experiences, however, I understand everyone reacts differently. MOO

Not sure how the info in this news article could relate to BS?

At first I wondered if the article could in fact be about BS's notorious ex-brother-in-law, but I see that he is in prison for life already, and he has, I'm sure, already been placed on the sex offender registry for life.

The age of the man matches BS, but I can't see BS pleading guilty, even if only to get a drastically reduced sentence, considering his newsworthiness at this time. Also, wasn't his application for a suppression order denied? And so the court would have no reason not to publish his name? ("Magistrate Mark Stratmann refused the suppression order application"). Also, it was said that his Victorian trial was not to commence until October if I'm not mistaken, but yet it is only September 23? ("Spedding will return to the Ballarat Magistrates Court in October.") Usually court dates get put back further, rather than sped up? This man plead guilty to 3 charges, however it was said that BS was facing 7 charges? ("Spedding, 65, is facing seven charges of indecent assault children in Victoria between 1983 and 1987."). Also the years seem to be different for when the abuse occurred? ("molested two of his nieces over about eight years in the late 80s and early 90s, when they lived at the same property.", as opposed to "charges of indecent assault children in Victoria between 1983 and 1987.") Also the article states that he wasn't charged because he had gone to the 'Northern Territory' ("One of the victims told her school friend about her abuse in 1992, prompting a police investigation. But the man wasn't charged until police located him in the Northern Territory years later."). And I also haven't heard of BS having failing health, has anyone else? ("He took into account the man's poor health")

jmo

Just wanted to add that it also sounds (from the article) that this man is already in jail, so wondering if he has been in jail waiting for trial without bail since..... who knows when? ("He took into account the man's poor health, the fact that he would remain in protective custody, and that he had not been charged with any crimes since this time.")

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e/news-story/214436cc80e82914a9827d1987d00a37

Neighbour Anne-Maree Sharpley remembers seeing William Tyrell’s distressed mother frantically pacing the quiet street where they both live searching for her son just minutes after he went missing.

“You could tell she was very distressed when she first came to us,” Mrs Sharpley said.

“I just remember saying ‘don’t worry, we’ll find him’, and that has stuck with me because obviously they didn’t find him.

“I waited with her while she called the police.”

Shortly after, William’s father returned from shopping and quickly began to grasp the urgency of the situation.

“I remember standing there in tears watching him run up and down the street, calling out William’s name with sweat pouring off him. It was heartbreaking,” she said.

“The longer it goes on, the worse it gets. Never once did we think that we wouldn’t find him here.”

Wondering who " us" is?

In many articles, it sounds like one person was at home or two in various residence on Benaroon Drive that morning, and then it is indicated that there were more people home but they have not been referred to or quoted in MSM. So when someone in the street says that they were not there that morning, or their spouse, doesn't mean there wasn't someone still left at home.

Wondering why you would be crying at the beginning of a search, especially when trying to support others and keep them calm and go into action mode?

Why at the beginning of the search was it heartbreaking watching the FP?

Thinking of my own experiences, however, I understand everyone reacts differently. MOO

I also wondered who the 'us' was.. as she had said in a news article that she had dropped her kids at school:

Mother Anne-Maree Sharpley, who lives across the road from William’s grandmother’s house, was sitting *inside reading a book before deciding to go outside her house to “get some sun”.

But by the time she did go outside, William had already been taken.

“I’d taken the kids to school and came home and cleaned up and sat down in the quiet with no TV and was just reading my book,” Ms Sharpley said.

“No cars, no cries, no nothing, it was just quiet.

“I’d actually just got a drink and was walking outside to sit in the sun and (William’s mother) was outside the gate.”
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...k=e77d40d05fffc3964d1c23cc2e9be654-1474500343

yes! thankyou!

If someone took William, it is unlikely to have been their first offence, says Dr Michael Diamond, a forensic psychiatrist and criminal profiler. “You don’t just do this sort of crime for the first time,” he says. “You would have to overcome other experiential things that confront you if you are going to do something of that magnitude. Is it somebody who has access to a child, and thought about it and not done it because their contact is too obvious, and so it has been
a rehearsed and lived-in fantasy without the terrible outcome?” Diamond asks.
https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php...bstory_index=0

Also Dr Olav Neielssen:

'William’s disappearance is a “once in a *decade crime”, according to Dr Olav Nielssen, a psychiatrist from the University of NSW who has studied juvenile homicides. More than half the children who are murdered die from violent abuse. Around a quarter are killed by psychotic parents or guardians. Ten to fifteen per cent of deaths are the result of teenagers fighting. And then there are the drug-addled parents who give their children methadone to help them sleep.

Once, every decade or so, “a child is abducted by some sexual deviant, or thrill killer, or in some other bizarre circumstance,” Nielssen says. These murders are extremely rare.'

Archived: http://archive.is/uidqZ#selection-255.1-267.40

I feel very ill reposting this:

BILL Spedding, a man police say has been a person of interest in the William Tyrrell inquiry, allegedly raped a three-year-old girl in a caravan and is also accused of providing victims to other men for “sexual purposes”.

The shocking allegations are contained in police facts tendered to the Port Macquarie Local Court yesterday where Spedding, 63, appeared on five counts of sexual *intercourse and two counts of common assault allegedly *involving two girls, aged three and six, in Campbelltown in 1987.
http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...t/news-story/d041c14a9470950a767ed8ebf4dc0661

This is *so* why we shouldn't jump the gun on assumptions. moo.

I hope we haven't developed 'tunnel vision'* in relation to BS being the only POI interviewed in relation to William's disappearance. Any mention of him and his alleged, and, so far unrelated, historical child sex offences seems to divert this thread away from William.

I'm not absolving BS of any responsibility for any alleged crime(s) against a child(ren); if he's convicted of them in the future.

Also, IMO, DCI Jubelin doesn't seem much interested in him anymore either; apart from refusing to discuss him when interviewed, or refuse to apologise for past 'overt' and 'very public' operations in his recent presser.

(*Tunnel vision often occurs when investigators believe they know who the perpetrator of the crime is, and then fail to properly collect and analyse other evidence that is inconsistent with their theory. It's a mistake IMO.)

I walked through my shortcut last night. No worries, police station across the street, resident caretaker, neighbours clise by, not isolated. See a tall, thin young man loitering close to cars, trying hard to look like he was doing much of nothing.

Nup. Hoodie pulled up over his face on a warmish, dry night, kept his chin far enough down so I couldn't see his face, and moving from one foot to another. I know in some suburbs that's normal behaviour but not in mine.

Ignored him and kept walking, practised a few innocent baseball swings with my big, folded up brolly and promptly called the cops when I got home. That kid was up to no good 'hiding in plain sight'. Only thing is he didn't keep his cool when I walked by. No reason for him to be scared of me (on the surface anyway) so why so nervous buddy?

That was me!!! Cops turned up, took my weed and said "look out for the cat lady, she'll kebab ya with a brollie".

In plain sight makes *total* sense, in any other area.. but this one.. so secluded, private, spacious, you can't mix in with anyone, or hope not to be seen.

What if you were seen, but had previously been seen so frequently, that you presence in the street was a 'non-event'?

What if you were seen, but had previously been seen so frequently, that you presence in the street was a 'non-event'?

Yes. Common site, or common car type and colour.

Unless everyone in the street sits in a chair peering through the curtains, I doubt anyone would notice a car 'casually' moving down the street. The perp only had to make it a few hundred meters until 'freedom' (assuming red spidey was down low for the trip after that).....would a 3 yr old without a booster seat even see out the window? Could he be seen by others?

My thoughts, turn right onto Barter Ck Rd to avoid civilisation. Head south to the coast. Oysters.

The Ballarat court case (next scheduled court date in October) is not the Victorian one.
I believe the Victorian one was scheduled in September, due to them saying they will apply for a stay in the Ballarat proceedings in September.
In other words, saying that if the Victorian case was published they would try to stop the Ballarat trial - due to prejudice.

This does not mean they would get a permanent stay in the Ballarat trial - highly unlikely imo - just that they would try to get one.
You've puzzled me. I wouldn't have thought a Victorian magistrates court would have jurisdiction over something that happened in another state. Or are there other Victorian charges?

Yes. Common site, or common car type and colour.

Unless everyone in the street sits in a chair peering through the curtains, I doubt anyone would notice a car 'casually' moving down the street. The perp only had to make it a few hundred meters until 'freedom' (assuming red spidey was down low for the trip after that).....would a 3 yr old without a booster seat even see out the window? Could he be seen by others?

My thoughts, turn right onto Barter Ck Rd to avoid civilisation. Head south to the coast. Oysters.

Yep, or N, S or W. Depends on how well you know the area and how far, and for how long, you needed to travel in order to remain unseen without being 'missed'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fangirl88