Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
The car with the U-turn when returning to the property (left street side) between point A and point B (koios #52) - one driver (maybe elderly, man/woman) - one younger agile helper who snapped WT .....??

PS: I never heard if FF's car had similarity to one of the POI's cars? Did they use a similar car to deceive little WT?

Is it possible that a car drove up the road, which by chance (no planning, just chance) was of same colour and shape as FF car?

@richieswan I have been reading your post about the bin replacement program
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...2-Sept-2014-18/page16&p=12105576#post12105576
Just adding that you can see a benaroon dr bin day (old style bins) on g streetview if you switch to 2008 images.
Also a photo in PMH area but different town of a new bin and inverted old bin http://www.portnews.com.au/story/25...oday-in-port-macquarie-hastings-council-area/

Thanks for the re- post. Later I also counted about 8 old bins in AJ's backyard. He would have pinched them from the street during the bin renewal rollout. What was in them? Scrap metal?

Thanks for the re- post. Later I also counted about 8 old bins in AJ's backyard. He would have pinched them from the street during the bin renewal rollout. What was in them? Scrap metal?
Here is old style bin outside 48 in 2008
attachment.php

Attachments

• bin.png
    bin.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 173
At the major shopping centre on the Sunshine Coast (South East Queensland) today, there were huge posters of William & info about the reward right throughout on advertising screens.
Massive exposure- it actually made me feel strangely heartened!
Great work GJ & teams!

I find this quite interesting. Has this shopping centre been specifically targeted with information about William ?
If we weren't discussing this here, and I saw that at my local shopping centre then I would assume it was at all shopping centres. I'm in Brisbane though, and I hardly hear a word about William. I have never seen posters or electronic advertising about him.

Makes me think that perhaps that particular area is being targeted for a reason....

Probably not, but wouldn't we know that if after a large monetary reward is offered and a case gets solved that the reward would of helped to resolve it? I think it would be kind of obvious.
I am not saying that anyone that received the reward would necessarily be named publically, of course confidentiality would be expected.

There is a pretty good write-up here about the claiming of rewards. Also talks about how it is decided how much to offer for a reward etc.

In England, statistics show that less than 2% of people who are eligible for a reward actually claim it. And in Australia, Crime Stoppers estimates that only 6% of all callers end up claiming a reward.

In 2009, it was revealed that none of the $14 million allocated by Victorian Police for information relating to 43 different crimes had been paid out.

And a 2009 investigation by ABC’s Lateline found that out of 70 claims for rewards in 10 years (in NSW), only two were ever paid out. The first was $500,000 paid for information leading to the arrest and conviction of notorious ‘backpacker murderer’ Ivan Milat. The second was $50,000 for information leading to the arrest of Michael Gyder ...

http://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/blog/catching-criminals-do-rewards-really-work/

Slightly off topic, but I noticed several million threads ago that Benaroon was spelt Beneroon on google street view. I can't get it to load right now, is it still wrong?

EDIT, yes it still has the 2010 image, Beneroon Drive. I hope it's been replaced by now 'cos that would really bug me if I lived there. It's bugging me and I don't live there. Yeah, I know, in the grand scheme of things....

https://goo.gl/maps/CgWdXQCcvkz

I read in a thread here months ago that yes, there is scrap metal in these bins. Apparently it's the rod that runs through the lid as a hinge. Guess it had to be solid as that's the point where it's lifted up and flipped over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a pretty good write-up here about the claiming of rewards. Also talks about how it is decided how much to offer for a reward etc.

In England, statistics show that less than 2% of people who are eligible for a reward actually claim it. And in Australia, Crime Stoppers estimates that only 6% of all callers end up claiming a reward.

In 2009, it was revealed that none of the $14 million allocated by Victorian Police for information relating to 43 different crimes had been paid out.

And a 2009 investigation by ABC’s Lateline found that out of 70 claims for rewards in 10 years (in NSW), only two were ever paid out. The first was $500,000 paid for information leading to the arrest and conviction of notorious ‘backpacker murderer’ Ivan Milat. The second was $50,000 for information leading to the arrest of Michael Gyder ...

http://www.sydneycriminallawyers.com.au/blog/catching-criminals-do-rewards-really-work/

Interestingly Paul Onions did not take the reward, seeing it as blood money "hollow money" that would never bring any joy.
http://www.news.com.au/national/ser...ects-huge-reward/story-e6frfkvr-1225825088181

I read in a thread here months ago that yes, there is scrap metal in these bins. Apparently it's the rod that runs through the lid as a hinge. Guess it had to be solid as that's the point where it's lifted up and flipped over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No I was referring to the axels for the metal. Lid hinges are plastic.

ffe6b0ffcb6f77328ad918b6f33f1959.jpg

No visa I dont think with Aussies when he gets there, possibly by sail boat. They thought they may have seen him. Are any of the POIs originally from NZ?

Wonder why someone thought they would of taken him to NZ? Odd.

That metal axle must be worth very little. The bins however are $200+ and provide a wheeled container for different metals such as copper when full. Sorting containers. Copper, Aluminium, Steel

No I was referring to the axels for the metal. Lid hinges are plastic.

ffe6b0ffcb6f77328ad918b6f33f1959.jpg

I was with a bloke yesterday who had an old split air-conditioner he had fitted to a house. I told him it was expensive.

Guess how much it is to re-gas the old split system with old gas. $350

That is a good gig for anyone holding the old gas. Talk about turn lead into gold of old fridges etc.

Did the old (pre Sept 2014) redtop bins have 200mm diameter wheels?

Slightly off topic, but I noticed several million threads ago that Benaroon was spelt Beneroon on google street view. I can't get it to load right now, is it still wrong?

EDIT, yes it still has the 2010 image, Beneroon Drive. I hope it's been replaced by now 'cos that would really bug me if I lived there. It's bugging me and I don't live there. Yeah, I know, in the grand scheme of things....

https://goo.gl/maps/CgWdXQCcvkz

It is spelt the correct way at one end of the street, but the incorrect way at the other. Weird.

If we new the size of that drain we could work out the size of the wheel. Or are you trying to do the reverse?
The reverse. A wheel with a known diameter is as good as a tape measure. I think the old redtops are either 120L or 140L? I've checked only one manufacturer site, it lists 200mm wheels on both those sizes.

Interestingly Paul Onions did not take the reward, seeing it as blood money "hollow money" that would never bring any joy.
http://www.news.com.au/national/ser...ects-huge-reward/story-e6frfkvr-1225825088181

Yes. And I noticed in the Sydney Criminal Lawyers article they said ... " So while many would jump at the chance to make a few extra bucks, it seems that the vast majority of people are happy to help police free of charge."

I find this quite interesting. Has this shopping centre been specifically targeted with information about William ?
If we weren't discussing this here, and I saw that at my local shopping centre then I would assume it was at all shopping centres. I'm in Brisbane though, and I hardly hear a word about William. I have never seen posters or electronic advertising about him.

Makes me think that perhaps that particular area is being targeted for a reason....

BBM. I think you may be right. I live in Newcastle and I have never seen any posters anywhere around here regarding William. Wasnt the sighting of a woman and child resembling William and his bio grandmother somewhere in Queensland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966