Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What we know:

The fourth man police have been focusing the investigation into William Tyrrell's disappearance on is convicted of possessing 'child abuse material'.
Derek Nichols reportedly lived within walking distance of the toddler's grandmother home in Kendall - in mid north New South Wales - where William was last seen in September 2014, according to The Daily Telegraph.
The newspaper also claims Nichols was issued with a suspended sentence of 18 months for possession of the material.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-child-abuse-material.html#ixzz4P50U2k2q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't think he could bring a lawsuit just yet, because the case isn't solved. Can you imagine if he sued and then was subsequently charged and convicted after receiving a windfall for defamation? i think he will have to wait until the case is solved and someone else is charged, jmo. It seems unfair that he can continue to be named as a poi for years, with no resolution either way - either charge him, or clear him - but yet they cannot - not until the case is solved. In the meantime, BS's life is held in limbo, having been named in MSM, which leads people to assume guilt.

this. If BS really is innocent, and does go down the road of legal action (which isn't cheap, and would be very stressful, so I wouldn't blame him if he didn't do it, even if innocent) then he'll have to wait until all these court cases are over before he begins such action.

I also echo the thoughts of others re: this case being moved to the 2010s section. Even if the case isn't "cold" in legal terms, it does make resolution feel further away. To me, anyway.

this. If BS really is innocent, and does go down the road of legal action (which isn't cheap, and would be very stressful, so I wouldn't blame him if he didn't do it, even if innocent) then he'll have to wait until all these court cases are over before he begins such action.

I also echo the thoughts of others re: this case being moved to the 2010s section. Even if the case isn't "cold" in legal terms, it does make resolution feel further away. To me, anyway.

BBM: I'm not sure if that is accurate, Eloise.

Gable Tostee attempted to sue Channel 9 (this year) for defamation before his trial for the murder of Warriena Wright.
He was unsuccessful. Dropped the case - after it had started in court - and 'agreed' to pay towards Channel 9's costs.

Gable Tostee drops $150,000 lawsuit against Channel Nine's A Current Affair over 'defamatory comments'
In a statement of claim filed in the District Court of Queensland under his new name Eric Thomas, Tostee alleged the show had injured his personal reputation and caused him to be shunned and avoided.
He also alleged he had suffered emotional hurt, humiliation and embarrassment as a result of the segment.
A Current Affair executive producer Grant Williams said the case was no longer in court.
'Mr Tostee dropped all proceedings against Nine and the producer who appeared in the story and agreed to make a financial contribution to our costs,' Mr Williams said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...it-against-Channel-Nine-s-Current-Affair.html

What we know:

The fourth man police have been focusing the investigation into William Tyrrell's disappearance on is convicted of possessing 'child abuse material'.
Derek Nichols reportedly lived within walking distance of the toddler's grandmother home in Kendall - in mid north New South Wales - where William was last seen in September 2014, according to The Daily Telegraph.
The newspaper also claims Nichols was issued with a suspended sentence of 18 months for possession of the material.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ssing-child-abuse-material.html#ixzz4P50U2k2q
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/fourth-man-is-quizzed-in-hunt-for-william-tyrrell/news-story/2a509a4d7fe95d488d2b026f8d33bfb0

Fourth man is quizzed in hunt for William Tyrrell

Mr Nichols said he had nothing to do with the four-year-old’s disappearance and is not connected to William’s family.

“I was living in Kendall and the police came to see me because I was on the child protection register,” Mr Nichols told The Saturday Telegraph.

“The most significant one was in May when they came and inspected my house.”

Mr Nichols said he was on the child protection register for crimes committed in Victoria. He said he was living in Dunbogan when William went missing and said he did not know anybody connected to the case.

It is the second time the tiny town of Dunbogan, south of Port Macquarie, has been provided as an alibi to police.

Don't forget that this is the only place where his case has been moved to the 2010s section and this is just where people sleuth the case, nothing to do with the investigation. With the right tip, and/or the right followup/evidence, the case could blow wide open today. I hope they have barked up every tree and not lost some potential trees along the way due to interest in one particular tree. By tree, i mean theory, as opposed to POI.

Don't forget that this is the only place where his case has been moved to the 2010s section and this is just where people sleuth the case, nothing to do with the investigation. With the right tip, and/or the right followup/evidence, the case could blow wide open today. I hope they have barked up every tree and not lost some potential trees along the way due to interest in one particular tree. By tree, i mean theory, as opposed to POI.

It's good to see that you're still open to different trees (theories) Deugrini. In my opinion it is possible that this is a case of completely undiscovered accidental death, and nothing to do with abduction.

It's good to see that you're still open to different trees (theories) Deugrini. In my opinion it is possible that this is a case of completely undiscovered accidental death, and nothing to do with abduction.

You seem to have researched William's case quite thoroughly to come to that conclusion, koios. Anything, including the reason for William's continued disappearance, is possible. However I do not believe that this particular scenario is probable. I strongly advise you to contact Task Force Rosann via Crimestoppers with any information you may have to support your theory. You may be able to aid in the recovery of William's remains and allow his loved ones much-needed closure.

You mean like he got lost in the brush and was never found?

Yes, among other possibilities.

You seem to have researched William's case quite thoroughly to come to that conclusion, koios. Anything, including the reason for William's continued disappearance, is possible. However I do not believe that this particular scenario is probable. I strongly advise you to contact Task Force Rosann via Crimestoppers with any information you may have to support your theory. You may be able to aid in the recovery of William's remains and allow his loved ones much-needed closure.
All I have is 3 amateur theories involving zero human intervention, based mainly on looking at streetview/sixmaps/60minutes/press images and looking at solutions of a few other cases 100's or 1000's of miles away.
I greatly appreciate your suggestion Bohemian, however I do not think the investigation want to be sent armchair theories. If everyone with an amateur theory sent it to them, they would get hundreds, and it would take weeks time to process them.

You mean like he got lost in the brush and was never found?
I haven't completely ruled that out, however I consider it unlikely, because reports indicate that dogs did not track William's scent beyond the boundaries of the property.

That would be extraordinary. imo
The reward, the largest of its kind ever offered by the NSW Government, was announced last month as a part of Strike Force Rosann’s strategy to find the crucial piece of information necessary to expose the truth.
Strike force Rosann 1 and 2.
Armed hold up squad - Fraud squad - Sex crimes squad as well as officers from local commands across the state.

http://www.macleayargus.com.au/story/4249486/tyrrell-reward-boosts-strike-force-response/

All I have is 3 amateur theories involving zero human intervention, based mainly on looking at streetview/sixmaps/60minutes/press images and looking at solutions of a few other cases 100's or 1000's of miles away.
I greatly appreciate your suggestion Bohemian, however I do not think the investigation want to be sent armchair theories. If everyone with an amateur theory sent it to them, they would get hundreds, and it would take weeks time to process them.

Task Force Rosann (I & II) is one of the most comprehensive investigations in NSW' history - if not the largest. Never assume that they will dismiss any well thought out and researched theory* as of no interest to their investigations. The catch-cry has always been, 'If you know something - say something.' Better they have an armchair theory backed up with supporting evidence to follow up on rather than a cold case.

* For example, WSers have assisted police with many cases via amateur theories with supporting evidence - finding said evidence using online resources. That's what we do; albeit not to any great personal fanfare. WSers are the quiet achievers.

Task Force Rosann (I & II) is one of the most comprehensive investigations in NSW' history - if not the largest. Never assume that they will dismiss any well thought out and researched theory* as of no interest to their investigations. The catch-cry has always been, 'If you know something - say something.' Better they have an armchair theory backed up with supporting evidence to follow up on rather than a cold case.

* For example, WSers have assisted police with many cases via amateur theories with supporting evidence - finding said evidence using online resources. That's what we do; albeit not to any great personal fanfare. WSers are the quiet achievers.
Thanks, I didn't realise that, and I appreciate the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member