Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, in custody but not incarcerated, unless there is a link that says so? He was granted bail in NSW, and to my knowledge was not re arrested and put in prison that i am aware of? Why would they do that unless he has broken his conditions of bail? And i haven't heard about him doing that either.

I think if he was out on bail, they would say he is currently out on bail. Not that he is in custody.

He is locked up, for some yet-unknown reason. But it is most likely related to child sex offences if it is being kept so suppressed and hush hush ... knowing that related court cases are coming up.

I think this man is slime.

imo

I wonder if he is locked up for offences against his (her) grandchildren. That is something else that was being investigated back in December 2015 (Edit: soso just reminded me, it was Dec 2014). Time enough for any charged offences then to have gone to trial. And something that would be kept way under the radar, because it involved children administered by FACS.

I tried to look up that investigation, just now. But mysteriously (or not so mysteriously) this link has been removed, so has the cached copy.

dpbmvd.jpg

However, I found this, from April 2015.....BBM

The NSW Ombudsman is investigating how a “person of interest” to the William Tyrrell police inquiry was living with three children when William disappeared, despite authorities knowing he allegedly committed child abuse a quarter-century before.
Court documents show case notes held by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services since 1987 detail reports that Mr Spedding allegedly assaulted the two girls, then aged three and six.

A police facts sheet, presented to the court last week, said Mr Spedding was “in negotiations … to regain access to” the children before his arrest.
“Police hold serious concerns for the safety of these children if the accused is once more given access,” the document said.

Neither he nor the boys’ mother can be named for legal reasons that also restrict what can be said about the children themselves. The boys’ mother said she had been warned not to speak to the press.

In a written statement, the Department of Family and Community Services said it could not comment “as this matter is currently subject to an ongoing police investigation”.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/dc162954d67a5c014031cb4e59bfc735

I wonder if he is locked up for offences against his (her) grandchildren. That is something else that was being investigated back in December 2015. Time enough for any charged offences then to have gone to trial. And something that would be kept way under the radar, because it involved children administered by FACS.

I tried to look up that investigation, just now. But mysteriously (or not so mysteriously) this link has been removed, so has the cached copy.

dpbmvd.jpg

However, I found this.....BBM

Family Services quizzed ‘person of interest’: Children were removed from tradesman Bill Spedding’s care
The Daily Telegraph
January 27, 2015

The mother of one of the children who had lived with the Speddings said she now wants the child back. “They should be home with me,” the mother, who cannot be identified, said.

Mr Spedding had been initially interviewed by FACS workers on December 9 last year in an inquiry separate to the Tyrell case.
Following a call from CrimeStoppers, the homicide squad turned their attention on Mr Spedding in mid-December without knowing about the December 9 FACS inquiry.

Police have investigated some alleged inconsistencies in what he told them about his movements on September 12

The mother who wants her child back said she was informed by FACs in December it was investigating Mr Spedding but would not tell her why.

The same month Port Macquarie detectives tried to contact her, she said, adding that she was horrified when she saw news reports of police searching the Speddings’ home.
“I saw Bill Spedding on TV and I rang FACs,” the mother said.............

The mother said her child was removed from her home by FACs because of a domestic situation. She has turned her house into a shrine to the lost child.
The child’s room is untouched and she has not taken the Christmas tree down since the child was removed early in 2011..................

A spokesman for FACS said yesterday: “As this matter is subject to an ongoing police investigation, FACS is unable to comment any further.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/73350ebd1be700109fa5a5eb5bb06d0c

I was always confuse by this article.
The mother wants her child ... but then they should be home with me.

Mr Spedding had been initially interviewed by FACS workers on December 9 last year in an inquiry separate to the Tyrell case.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/73350ebd1be700109fa5a5eb5bb06d0c

RSBM

Thanks, soso. :seeya:

I'm really thinking he could be locked up for charges relating to this police/FACS investigation regarding his (her) grandchildren. It is the only other investigation that we have heard about - other than those we have been speaking of involving the girls and possibly others - that could have had a trial and conviction/custody as the outcome.

All I can say is I am glad he is locked up! And I bet the police are, too.

RSBM

Thanks, soso. :seeya:

I'm really thinking he could be locked up for charges relating to this police/FACS investigation regarding his (her) grandchildren. It is the only other investigation that we have heard about - other than those we have been speaking of involving the girls and possibly others - that could have had a trial and conviction/custody as the outcome.

I really agree with you SA.
I recall all the Joint Investigation Response Team discussion way back in the threads.

BS being investigated by facs/police in at least December 2014. PB in court December 2014. AJ locked up well before December 2014.

I really agree with you SA.
I recall all the Joint Investigation Response Team discussion way back in the threads.

BS being investigated by facs/police in at least December 2014. PB in court December 2014. AJ locked up well before December 2014.

Oh that's right! It was December 2014. Plenty of time for an investigation, arrest, and trial regarding the children that were living with him.

I hope Jubelin got to arrest him. Or at least be there, staring at him.

(of course, I mean if that is what has happened so that he is in custody.)

Oh that's right! It was December 2014. Plenty of time for an investigation, arrest, and trial regarding the children that were living with him.

I hope Jubelin got to arrest him. Or at least be there, staring at him.

(of course, I mean if that is what has happened so that he is in custody.)

Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin has also been looking for William since day one.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...y/news-story/c0ba693e4df8317cd0dc089761d6192e

If this is what happened I feel sure GJ would have been there in his crisp suit giving a stare.

i agree the mako facebook article and photo is very alarmist / sensationalist and hes portrayed as a child rapist monster,
and if hes found not guilty on all these paedophile charges, his life in ruins, he could sue for thousands,
but everything written is backed (alleged) by police and he was arrested for these 2 girls assaults, its also everywhere in msm

i agree the mako facebook article and photo is very alarmist / sensationalist and hes portrayed as a child rapist monster,
and if hes found not guilty on all these paedophile charges, his life in ruins, he could sue for thousands,
but everything written is backed (alleged) by police and he was arrested for these 2 girls assaults, its also everywhere in msm

There appears to be concrete evidence about Spedding's historical crimes. So why not warn people? Parents of young children/ carers/perhaps other victims and potential victims, do not need to be unaware until the very slow, arduous court process is completed. There are far too many children already suffering abuse at repeat offenders hands, due to our cr*p sentencing laws, and previous societal attitudes.

Yes, a lawsuit is his possible come-back .. should he somehow escape conviction of the charges. But he is already in jail for something, and it would not surprise me in the least if he was acting extremely inappropriately with one or more of the 3 young boys who had lived under his roof.

If he is currently in jail for driving offences or something else unrelated to child sex abuse charges, there is no reason that MSM would not reveal the reason why he is in jail.

BBM:
Medical records from the time, in the form of Sexual Assault Referral Unit Protocol documents, state the girls suffered injuries “consistent with penetration”, the court documents said.

The police facts sheet said detectives had spoken to a number of people who reported Mr Spedding’s alleged abuse of the two girls in 1987. These included the alleged victims, their relatives and medical professionals.

Police also uncovered “records held by the NSW Department of Family and Community Services concerning the accused and serious allegations of persistent sexual abuse … in the mid to late 1980s”, the facts sheet said.

“Police have been informed the offences … were not pursued formally by police at the time of disclosure due to concerns as to the welfare of the victims, given their tender age,” it said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...n/news-story/dc162954d67a5c014031cb4e59bfc735

There appears to be concrete evidence about Spedding's historical crimes. So why not warn people? Parents of young children/ carers/perhaps other victims and potential victims, do not need to be unaware until the very slow, arduous court process is completed. There are far too many children already suffering abuse at repeat offenders hands, due to our cr*p sentencing laws, and previous societal attitudes.

Yes, a lawsuit is his possible come-back .. should he somehow escape conviction of the charges. But he is already in jail for something, and it would not surprise me in the least if he was acting extremely inappropriately with one or more of the 3 young boys who had lived under his roof.

If he is currently in jail for driving offences or something else unrelated to child sex abuse charges, there is no reason that MSM would not reveal the reason why he is in jail.

BBM:

BBM, Where did this info. come from? And do you believe everything MSN writes in news articles? They so often get it wrong, as has been the case in other cases followed on WS, just sayin'.

BBM, Where did this info. come from? And do you believe everything MSN writes in news articles? They so often get it wrong, as has been the case in other cases followed on WS, just sayin'.

You know where the info comes from, Karinna. From the article saying he is currently in custody, which you seem to choose to believe means he is not in jail ... but is somehow just under police watch or something.

The Australian is not a publication that tends to bow to rumour and sensationalism, in my opinion. So, yes, I take their articles with far more validity than other MSM publications.

And do I believe a police facts sheet info? Generally speaking .. yes. As it involves matters that have been investigated. Facts.

Police custody is defined as the immediate physical custody by the police of a person who committed a crime. The person is arrested and brought to the police station for processing. The person is then confined in the police station's jail.

Police Custody means that police has the physical custody of the accused while Judicial Custody means an accused is in the custody of the concerned magistrate. In former, the accused is lodged in police station lockup while in latter, it is the jail.

http://www.differencebetween.net/mi...-between-judicial-custody-and-police-custody/

You know where the info comes from, Karinna. From the article saying he is currently in custody, which you seem to choose to believe means he is not in jail ... but is somehow just under police watch or something.

The Australian is not a publication that tends to bow to rumour and sensationalism, in my opinion. So, yes, I take their articles with far more validity than other MSM publications.

And do I believe a police facts sheet info? Generally speaking .. yes. As it involves matters that have been investigated. Facts.

I actually don't remember exactly where that article came from that's why i asked. I thought it was from the DM?
Is any other MSN reporting it or just the one scource?

I actually don't remember exactly where that article came from that's why i asked. I thought it was from the DM?
Is any other MSN reporting it or just the one scource?

It comes from The Courier (a Ballarat publication ... who presumably have a heightened local interest in the story).

But lawyer Daniel McGlone, who told the court he was acting on behalf of Spedding's NSW solicitors ......

Mr McGlone told the court Spedding was currently in custody in NSW awaiting trial.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4565783/spedding-fails-to-appear-on-victorian-charges/

As explained earlier, he may also be on remand in custody. If he was unable to have his bail conditions changed whilst attending court in Sydney like, a particular address he has to stay at, reporting to a certain police station twice a week etc. If those things were unable to be fixed before trial, then he would be taken into remand, where he is still given the presumption of innocence until his trial is over and therefore not treated like the imprisoned population.

I completely understand the presumption of innocence, frogwell. And the way it holds through our un-speedy trials.

I also understand that the courts and parole boards continuously sentence and release these creeps after ridiculously short sentences, protect their names and identities, allow them to change their names, do not allow a public national sex offenders registry, see them again and again in the court rooms, and sentence them with another ridiculously short sentence.
And years ago did not charge and prosecute so very MANY of them, due to ages of victims, due to protection of institutions, due to believing religious abusers over the violated children ... and on and on with the excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState