Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I get that, and I understand it, and that would be just a horrible horrible decision to have to even think about making, but it seems to be the opposite.. they said they weren't setting up his room, but yet it seems they are now saying they did.

My understanding is that soso's post was actually showing the timeline/sequence in which they made decisions around WT's bedroom. They set up a bedroom for him during the renovations and referred to it in a letter in August 2015. In an article in December 2015, they were changing their minds about that decision so as to help his sister and themselves move on. To my mind, there is a logical sequence there. Daily Mails repetition of old news has confused the issue I think. MOO

An alleged paedophile facing historic child sex abuse charges has not appeared in court.
William "Bill" Spedding was due to face a committal mention before the Ballarat Magistrates' Court on Thursday.
But lawyer Daniel McGlone, who told the court he was acting on behalf of Spedding's NSW solicitors, requested the matter be adjourned again for another committal mention.
Mr McGlone told the court Spedding was currently in custody in NSW awaiting trial.

Some of the offences Spedding is facing in NSW involve the same complainant as the matters before the Ballarat Magistrates' Court.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4565783/spedding-fails-to-appear-on-victorian-charges/

wow! Upon reading the article, I am left scratching my head...:thinking: Why is he not called a convicted pedophile? Why is he in custody if the trial has not finished? He might be on remand for some reason, which means that he is in custody but not convicted, due to not being able or unwilling to comply with bail conditions..... I hate always seeming like I'm making excuses for this man... just trying to understand the process. MOO

wow! Upon reading the article, I am left scratching my head...:thinking: Why is he not called a convicted pedophile? Why is he in custody if the trial has not finished? He might be on remand for some reason, which means that he is in custody but not convicted, due to not being able or unwilling to comply with bail conditions..... I hate always seeming like I'm making excuses for this man... just trying to understand the process. MOO

Doesn't held in custody mean imprisoned? As far as we have been told in msn BS was granted bail. Maybe it means held in custody in NSW and not allowed to leave the state of NSW?
He is not a convicted paedophile yet unless a jury have found him guilty as charged? But haven't heard about anything like that yet.
Bill Spedding granted bail in alleged child sex abuse case
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/06/19/11/31/bill-spedding-granted-bail#uLVvxmtletGj8adt.99

Doesn't held in custody mean imprisoned? As far as we have been told in msn BS was granted bail. Maybe it means held in custody in NSW and not allowed to leave the state of NSW?
He is not a convicted paedophile yet unless a jury have found him guilty as charged? But haven't heard about anything like that yet.
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/06/19/11/31/bill-spedding-granted-bail#uLVvxmtletGj8adt.99

I was thinking along those line as well.
Though held in custody does sound as though he is locked up. imo

The lawyer told the court that Spedding lives 400 kilometres north of Sydney and current bail conditions on unrelated NSW matters restricted him from leaving the state.
She requested the committal mention be adjourned until after March 16 next year to allow Spedding's NSW matters to be dealt with.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...ictorian-court-next-year-20161020-gs6kns.html

16 March passed and not yet dealt with.

Yes, I am looking up to see if the term "in custody" applies to people's bail conditions about leaving the state, etc., also wondering, even though he was granted bail, if something has happened to revoke it and therefore he has been placed on remand and will have to come to court from jail, still with the presumption of innocence until proven guilty, or the trial is finished but awaiting sentencing, he has been found guilty but they can't use the term imprisoned until the sentence has been passed? If his situation is something like the 1st example I gave, then again, it's tainting a future jury pool. IMO

The lawyer told the court that Spedding lives 400 kilometres north of Sydney and current bail conditions on unrelated NSW matters restricted him from leaving the state.
She requested the committal mention be adjourned until after March 16 next year to allow Spedding's NSW matters to be dealt with.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/a...ictorian-court-next-year-20161020-gs6kns.html

BBM, This is a VIC. website but i think it would be the same in NSW
(quote)

Custody and Bail
Bail

Persons charged with offences who are held in custody can be released upon entering an undertaking called "bail" to appear before the Court at a later date.

https://www.magistratescourt.vic.go...traffic/criminal-proceedings/custody-and-bail

So that would mean BS initially held in custody was released on bail and must abide by his bail conditions in NSW until such time as the court cases are finalised. If he is found not guilty he walks, and if found guilty will have to appear for sentencing.

So that would mean BS initially held in custody was released on bail and must abide by his bail conditions in NSW until such time as the court cases are finalised. If he is found not guilty he walks, and if found guilty will have to appear for sentencing.

So back in Feb when BS was in court for the 1/2 doz or so days.
Was that just a pre - trial which included he seeking a permanent stay of proceedings? Hence the suppression.
Just getting all the I's dotted and T's crossed and now the dates are set for an expected 5 week trial that will be done and dusted by the 16 July.

So last year, BS bail conditions restricted him from leaving the state.

I wonder if he's been so silly as to try to contact a witness.

Yes and this year he is in custody in NSW.

Yes, in custody but not incarcerated, unless there is a link that says so? He was granted bail in NSW, and to my knowledge was not re arrested and put in prison that i am aware of? Why would they do that unless he has broken his conditions of bail? And i haven't heard about him doing that either.

Yes, in custody but not incarcerated, unless there is a link that says so? He was granted bail in NSW, and to my knowledge was not re arrested and put in prison that i am aware of? Why would they do that unless he has broken his conditions of bail? And i haven't heard about him doing that either.

He was due to go to Trial on 24th Feb, when the Judge was to review the suppression orders on the case. If these orders weren't reversed we wouldn't have heard anything, let alone that he is incarcerated and the reasons why.

We're not hearing anything. Even if he's been convicted in NSW I doubt we'd hear about it until after the Victorian case.

We're not hearing anything. Even if he's been convicted in NSW I doubt we'd hear about it until after the Victorian case.

Yeah who really knows? It's just mere speculation at this point. Guess will find out when its a done deal?

Yeah who really knows? It's just mere speculation at this point. Guess will find out when its a done deal?

I won't be surprised we weren't to know anything IF he was sentenced for life for abduction/murder of William.
The hush hush is amazing.

My thoughts today...

What are the chances that this filthy pedo creep was supposed to be at the very house a 5 yr went missing and he had nothing to do with it.

Pigs arse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members