Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.portnews.com.au/story/3152345/bill-spedding-bail-decision-pending/

Spedding, 63, was charged that night with five counts of sexual intercourse with a child under 10 years and two counts of common assault.

He is accused of three counts of having sex with a three-year-old between March 1, 1987 and April 30 of that year.

During the same period he is accused of common assault against the same child.

From March 1, 1987 until the end of the following month he is alleged of two counts of having sex with a six-year-old, as well as common assault against the child.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/0cfed148876894827911a87f4aefaca4

Court documents allege the abuse took place in March and April 1987, including in a caravan on a property belonging to one of Mr Spedding’s friends in Campbelltown, south-west Sydney.
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Quote Originally Posted by Karinna View Post
Crown prosecutor Rose Sharma said Hillsley was in prison on other offences around the time the assaults on the three and six-year-old girls occurred. Hillsley was never charged over these allegations.

Mr O'Brien said that while medical evidence suggested the victims were abused in the first half 1987, it didn't show exactly when the abuse happened.
But Mr O'Brien said there had been a 'thorough police investigation' of Mr Spedding back in the late 1980s and he hadn't been charged.

So we will just have to wait and see what the jury decides on the matter of innocence or guilt.
And if there was such a thorough investigation done, it wasn't too thorough if 30 years later they have had to re charge him again. Doesn't make sense IMO.
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
At the time of B.S. bail appeal, it was made clear in court that the crown prosecutor stated that the offences occurred in April/ May '87. At the time B.S. was arrested for these charges it was stated in some MSM that was when the offences occurred, however in other MSM like the 2 above in this post, it was stated they occurred in March/ April. The Portnews article is very specific about the time frame and is the town newspaper of the town that B. S. was charged in. I don't think the Australian reporter was having the same mistake about when the offences took place. To insist they happened April/May certainly puts reporting of the offences closer to the medical examination date. Rose Sharma says it wasn't possible that J.H. committed these particular offences as he was in jail when they occurred on other offences. True, but misleading. His parole on other offences was revoked, because he was found locked in a toilet with a child at work, (a new offence), and exhibited sexual intent towards his niece who is the victim in this crime. Lie by omission of the full facts. MOO

^ American, but I think the terms are used by the media here the same way - thanks to the overwhelming cultural influence of American TV and film.

I can believe there are over 100 people who can give info about WT's disappearance. I don't believe there are over 100 suspects. (Referring to comments by police in the media that there are over 100 POIs in WT's case).

This matters while a crime is being investigated but once someone is arrested, whether they were ever defined in the media as a suspect or POI matters not.

This is it, they use POI for Bill Spedding and all the people they want to speak to, some of whom might be contenders but the vast majority will not be. They allow the BS investigation to be quite public, calling him a POI is not "holding back", waiting for something to push him into the "suspect" category, it's just not a distinction they care to make. The context is clear.

Anyway, arguing semantics ... if others feel they the police are revealing something by not calling him a suspect and using POI instead that's up to them.

This is it, they use POI for Bill Spedding and all the people they want to speak to, some of whom might be contenders but the vast majority will not be. They allow the BS investigation to be quite public, calling him a POI is not "holding back", waiting for something to push him into the "suspect" category, it's just not a distinction they care to make. The context is clear.

Anyway, arguing semantics ... if others feel they the police are revealing something by not calling him a suspect and using POI instead that's up to them.
I am not arguing semantics and have no wish to, you made the statement and i was interested enough to find some information about it and posted it.
BS has never to date been charged with anything to do with WT's disapperance. What is it now 2+ years ago. They went through his places of residences with a fine tooth comb and found nothing or he would of been arrested and charged by now i would imagine as having something to do with whatever happened to WT.
And the historic cases against him have not been convicted yet and that is where it legally stands right now and all the rest is mere speculation, IMO.
I want to see something concrete proof of, that he did anything to WT or anyone else before i make up my mind about him. But that's just me.

I am not arguing semantics and have no wish to, you made the statement and i was interested enough to find some information about it and posted it.
BS has never to date been charged with anything to do with WT's disapperance. What is it now 2+ years ago. They went through his places of residences with a fine tooth comb and found nothing or he would of been arrested and charged by now i would imagine as having something to do with whatever happened to WT.
And the historic cases against him have not been convicted yet and that is where it legally stands right now and all the rest is mere speculation, IMO.
I want to see something concrete proof of, that he did anything to WT or anyone else before i make up my mind about him. But that's just me.

Sorry, I meant I am arguing semantics. The reasons you give for wanting to keep an open mind are extremely valid, and his legal rights as well. There is certainly lots of room for doubt.

Sorry, I meant I am arguing semantics. The reasons you give for wanting to keep an open mind are extremely valid, and his legal rights as well. There is certainly lots of room for doubt.

No probs., i misunderstood what you were saying, :)

I am signing off...It's been an emotional journey and my heart is broken for William and his family...I pray daily that there is an end to this horror.

There is a real problem with child abuse in this country and I fear we only know a small percentage of it...We are a developed country, a country that has not held large government debt for very long, yet I don't see our leaders proposing policy and spending enough money to stop this...No one is bringing this issue to the front and doing enough about it.

Everyone should feel a bit of guilt that they go on knowing this is happening but aren't doing enough about it...I feel guilty that I am aware of this issue but I am not knocking on the doors of our leaders and asking why they aren't in meeting discussing what they are going to do to stop child abuse.

Can I suggest the first port of call for our leaders:

A full review of each state's FACS...An emergency review
Then open a discussion about a Public Child Sex Offender Registry
Then develop policy to assist victims who come forward, victims who have no one to turn to, no one they feel they can trust.

It's time for change in this country and it needs to start now...MOO

It has nothing to do with Pell, but more to do with SANO. I think its called tainting a potential jury pre Trial?
Oh yes there have been plenty of leaks about BS in the msn, why? To sway public opinion? He is only a POI among many others but was placed out there as a suspect IMO.
A POI in and of itself means nothing until it changes from POI to suspect.
I agree. Who are all the other POIs.

I agree Karinna. BS does not strike me as a criminal mastermind. Does anyone really think he is smarter the LE.

I am signing off...It's been an emotional journey and my heart is broken for William and his family...I pray daily that there is an end to this horror.

There is a real problem with child abuse in this country and I fear we only know a small percentage of it...We are a developed country, a country that has not held large government debt for very long, yet I don't see our leaders proposing policy and spending enough money to stop this...No one is bringing this issue to the front and doing enough about it.

Everyone should feel a bit of guilt that they go on knowing this is happening but aren't doing enough about it...I feel guilty that I am aware of this issue but I am not knocking on the doors of our leaders and asking why they aren't in meeting discussing what they are going to do to stop child abuse.

Can I suggest the first port of call for our leaders:

A full review of each state's FACS...An emergency review
Then open a discussion about a Public Child Sex Offender Registry
Then develop policy to assist victims who come forward, victims who have no one to turn to, no one they feel they can trust.

It's time for change in this country and it needs to start now...MOO

I agree with your sentiments, and child abuse is an awful and tragic ongoing problem in our society. It has always been around it seems, and more coverage now than ever because of our age of technology and information and our access to instant info. at our fingertips.
Sadly there are so many cases and scandals of institutionalised abuse of children the most vulnerable members of society, and there needs to be zero tolerance for it, but when perpetrators are protected at the highest levels of the heirachy, it is absolutely mind boggling. How do we fight against that when children are abused with impunity and sold into sex slavery/trafficking? Not just here but worldwide? It's a damn epedemic it seems, and all we can really do is take care of and protect our own, and report suspected abuse if and when we notice that. And i'm sure this disgusting problem will keep the authorities busy for a long time to come.
I think it's great victims are speaking out and demanding Justice and they will not let up until they get that. They are brave souls indeed, and fighting the good fight.
As far as little William i won't give up checking for a break in his case, and just pray he is somewhere unharmed in the best case scenario.

I agree Karinna. BS does not strike me as a criminal mastermind. Does anyone really think he is smarter the LE.

I wouldn't think so either. Most criminals aren't really that smart IMO, and usually leave a bit of incriminating evidence in their wake. BS was also linked to a paedophile group at one stage in msn. Wonder what happened with that? We never heard anymore about it.

Are any of them smarter than the police?
They just hide their filthy acts as well as they can, keep their mouths shut about the offences, and deny, deny, deny ......

Are any of them smarter than the police?
They just hide their filthy acts as well as they can, keep their mouths shut about the offences, and deny, deny, deny ......

Or what is worse is when police are also helping to cover up the sexual abuses of children and or involved themselves. Not sure about Australia but definitely in other countries. And this is just one example and there are many more.
(quote)
The Met is being probed over 14 referrals made to the IPCC detailing alleged corruption in the force relating to child sexual offences from the 1970s to the 2005.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...aims-involving-mps-and-officers-10110800.html

Just not long ago had a newsfeed from one of these find william Facebook pages...that posted a picture of the foster father .... implying a lack of care because in a split second shot the man was seen smiling. ....... I hope these brainiacs or the sole individual is found and charged with hindering an open investigation.

Comment was ... only Biological relatives are under gag order ...... Maybe before they posted his picture they actually researched the laws around fostering they would have a clue...

Some of you may have heard of an organisation called Anonymous. They have recently hacked the Dark Web, and exposed 5,000 pedophile sites.

A group within the Anonymous movement has claimed responsibility for hacking Freedom Hosting II, a popular Dark Web hosting provider

Upon pulling up various websites hosted on the darknet, visitors were met with a shocking message that began: “Hello, Freedom Hosting II, you have been hacked.”

The statement continued on to say:
We are disappointed… This is an excerpt from your front page ‘We have a zero tolerance policy to child *advertiser censored*.’?—?but what we found while searching through your server is more than 50% child *advertiser censored*…

All your files have been copied and your database has been dumped. (74GB of files and 2.3GB of database) .....
Up to January 31st you were hosting 10613 sites ....
We are Anonymous. We do not forgive. We do not forget. You should have expected us.

Also ... According to the hackers, child *advertiser censored* made up over half of the data found on the servers. In August 2013, the service was exposed by the FBI .... But the latest attack isn’t the result of the FBI’s work. The hackers are though to be online vigilantes who call themselves “pedophile hunters.”

If you want to read the article, just Google "ANONYMOUS HACKS DARKNET HOSTING SITE, EXPOSING THESE 5,000 PEDOPHILE DATABASES (SITES)"

I just wanted to put this here, because I feel we really should be aware of the extent of this problem, and the danger it poses to all the children of the world. :( :( :(

Some of you may have heard of an organisation called Anonymous. They have recently hacked the Dark Web, and exposed 5,000 pedophile sites.

A group within the Anonymous movement has claimed responsibility for hacking Freedom Hosting II, a popular Dark Web hosting provider

Upon pulling up various websites hosted on the darknet, visitors were met with a shocking message that began: “Hello, Freedom Hosting II, you have been hacked.”

The statement continued on to say:
We are disappointed… This is an excerpt from your front page ‘We have a zero tolerance policy to child *advertiser censored*.’?—?but what we found while searching through your server is more than 50% child *advertiser censored*…

All your files have been copied and your database has been dumped. (74GB of files and 2.3GB of database) .....
Up to January 31st you were hosting 10613 sites ....
We are Anonymous. We do not forgive. We do not forget. You should have expected us.

Also ... According to the hackers, child *advertiser censored* made up over half of the data found on the servers. In August 2013, the service was exposed by the FBI .... But the latest attack isn’t the result of the FBI’s work. The hackers are though to be online vigilantes who call themselves “pedophile hunters.”

If you want to read the article, just Google "ANONYMOUS HACKS DARKNET HOSTING SITE, EXPOSING THESE 5,000 PEDOPHILE DATABASES (SITES)"

I just wanted to put this here, because I feel we really should be aware of the extent of this problem, and the danger it poses to all the children of the world. :( :( :(

I agree, give them nowhere to go, and also found this article similar to what you posted up:
Hackers Take Down Thousands of ‘Dark Web’ Sites, Post Private Data
The hacker or hackers broke into the hidden web hosting service Freedom Hosting II, claiming to have harvested all of the sites' files and its database, totaling almost 80 gigabytes of material, they said in a message appearing on the screens of users trying to access the sites.

They said more than half of the information they obtained was child *advertiser censored*, even though the service promotes itself as having a "zero tolerance policy" to such material.
http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...ands-dark-web-sites-post-private-data-n717556

Rehashing my reasons for why there is room for doubt in B.S. NSW case.

Denied from the beginning the allegations that his family and family friends all seem to be aware of. I speculate they would be aware of them and support B.S. as they had knowledge of J.H's previous crimes and he was living in the same house, (his parent's house) as the victims in January 1987. He was living there during his parole from December 1986 until his parole was revoked at the end of January 1987.

https://jade.io/article/151822

The above link gives a more thorough description of JH's offending history. Under the title Judges2, points 10 and 11 are highly relevant to the case B.S. is facing now. It says why JH's parole was revoked. When I read all of JH's offending history, he is cooperative when caught after an offense and admits what he has done. When he is caught in the toilet with the child at his place of work, he minimises the situation. My opinion was he was caught just before he did something. The admission about his feelings and intentions toward his neice,(who is one of the victims in B.S.trial) to my mind are an admission of what he has already done and it is a way to prevent himself from committing further acts and sparing them going to court. He has his parole revoked. I think the police investigating in 1987 had this information at the time and that is why they didn't charge B.S. even with one of the victims naming him as the perp and medical and Docs report at the time. They knew what J.H. was and he was back in jail, so I think there was an element of laziness by the police at the time.

It is interesting to me that the police can not get their hands on the original police interview with B.S. How can they not have the original record but accurately say why charges were not pursued at the time, apparently because of the girls tender years? IMO they probably had it on record that J.H. was the main suspect at the time and do not want to bring that fact into the present proceedings.

Whatever the prosecution or the defense say, the judgement presiding over B.S. bail was that there were the very real issues of who had committed the crime and the victims being coached and tutored.

The victim who named him and was 3 at the time has no memory of the events.

The police tendered fact sheet that described many other crimes and was also described as "evidence" by the prosecutor was described by the bail judge as unsubstantiated allegations.

The 6 year old victim in this case is the same victim in the Victorian case and as far as I know, there are no other victims. Her allegations are from the years 1983 - 1987. When she was 2-6.

I have questions around the mother seeing any other injuries on these children in the 4 years leading up to this reported event and what did she and her parents stand to lose if it was found that her brother, their son , J.H., was found to be responsible for the N.S.W. charges? Was there a custody battle ensuing for these victims at the time of the assaults?

I don't think M.S or those involved with B.S. have turned a blind eye. I think they might have a very different perception of the historical charges. When B.S. was being investigated in WT's disappearance, it seems like M.S. has had a moment of doubt and seen a clairvoyant. The historical case came up in the WT investigation due to a tip off from a family member and the police pursued it. He is either guilty as hell or the WT case has "agitated" the past and this is a very unfortunate situation. I'm going for the latter at present. MOO

if I only knew!!! Thanks for a great poste as usual Froggie

I have to apologise team ...my iPAD is playing up so etching shocking of late and I can't poste or reply to anything.. If this makes it, will be a miracle

Wow - that worked! Now I'm getting spooked - am I being censored?

No we don't televise trials, not even photos in the courtroom howeverI have noticed that the judge may be filmed sometimes in some sentencings recently, which is a very big change. Or I am possibly mistaken and it is the handing down of findings from the coroners court. MOO
cheers Froggie. In Aus we don't do the whole dramatic televised scene. However if someone is inclined to attend the hearing, they may do so.

How did MS meet BS?

Was BS already a friend of JH's.... and that is how they met?

That era of time was a mindf**** of people who didn't discuss openly. ...but somehow by that measure thought this behavior was ....at least to some..ok.

People really need to research the 1970 - 80s twisted thoughts

These are factors or considerations...

The Victorian offences claimed....took place in a country town....which at the time had a small...small population..check out the history for this place at the time..

Orpheus....may not have spelt it right....

Seems awfully coincidential that this place .....small town...was on the doorstep of a period of time of the worst prolethic time of peodophilic behaviour in Victoria history...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState