Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(quote)
Hoping desperately that he would be found, Ms Tyrrell nevertheless was unable to go public with appeals to find her missing child.

The case of William Tyrrell is one of Australia’s most puzzling missing child cases.

There’s no suggestion that either William’s biological or foster families were involved in his disappearance or have any knowledge of his whereabouts.

But it had been their and the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS)’s secret until Thursday, that William was being cared for by foster parents.

In 2016 there were almost 700 people in the sights of the investigators and in September 2016, a $1 million reward for information on William’s disappearance was announced.

At the time William disappeared from the house in Kendall, he was under the control of the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS), being cared for by foster parents in what is referred to as out-of-home care.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...e/news-story/bc7917cd0513453a8ed2a8027c4da671

William's biological mother now has that opportunity. I wonder why she hasn't taken advantage of it?

Thanks for posting the info. I remember reading about the sniffer dogs but not cadaver detection dogs.

Me either, and who knows really anything for sure, if it's stated by MSM as opposed to a direct quote, or unless directly out of the mouths of those who actually know, like on an audio or video.

William's biological mother now has that opportunity. I wonder why she hasn't taken advantage of it?

Rock and hard-place. Hope someone somewhere is helping her get some seriously excellent legal counsel somehow.

Rock and hard-place. Hope someone somewhere is helping her get some seriously excellent legal counsel somehow.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'rock and hard-place' and why William's biological mother needs 'seriously excellent legal counsel' please, deugirtni?

But the geo game cache was left there well before the graffiti was written and several articles mention that. I think the police would be very interested... & their dissappointmrnt is simply a red herring ?? Seems so

http://www.geocachingnsw.asn.au/ind...-tyrrell-tree-stump-geocache-coincidence.html

That's correct. The police were interested and locked down the area according to this MSM article )link below). As for their disappointment being a 'red herring', in fact, the article also states that 'the discovery may be yet another red herring'.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/305e546b1cc39b4670160920c240b2e1

The graffiti may have been a clue or it may not but DCI Jubelin has made no further comment to the best of my knowledge. Whether that's for 'operational reasons' or not, your guess is as good as mine.

Yes I read that as well. I wonder how or why they discounted it. Just sends a discomforting feeling that something about that graffiti is a message.

Did DCI Jubelin discount it? There was a statement (from local police?) mentioned in this article:

'"About 6.30pm yesterday (Sunday 7 February 2016), a member of the public contacted police after a reference to William Tyrrell was found painted on a tree in a state forest near Stewart’s River, about 10km south of Kendall,” NSW Police said via a statement.

“A glass jar with a number of items was located beneath the tree.

“Local police attended and informed detectives attached to Strike Force Rosann. Police secured the area and seized the items.”

“Following inquiries, police have determined the items and painting were a result of ‘geocaching’, an outdoor activity in which participants use GPS coordinates to hide and seek items,” the statement reads.'

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...e/news-story/305e546b1cc39b4670160920c240b2e1

If the graffiti was considered a message DCI Jubelin hasn't, to my knowledge, made any further comment.

Did anyone else pick up on the comment about the third car that was forensically tested being cleared. At the very end of the press conference one of the journos asked about the third vehicle and Jubes confirmed that it had been cleared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can no longer find the link to the press conference which includes the journos questions at the end. Anyone else got it.

Just found the connection interesting and puzzling. I was trying to work out why judge chose Julian as a pseudonym for William and the pseudonym Sarah for William's sister.

The pseudonyms may not, in fact, have been chosen by Judge Brereton but NSW Supreme Court staff, as they are in the Family Court:

Court pseudonyms and ICAC codenames explained
The Sydney Morning Herald
Michaela Whitbourn
Jan 4, 2015

'Two inventive court staff are behind the names assigned to couples and their children to protect their privacy during Family Court proceedings, Fairfax Media has been told, and they seem a well-read pair.

From the Darling family – an allusion, perhaps, to J.M. Barrie's classic novel Peter Pan – to the enduringly popular Jane Austen, literature is well represented. There is even a Mr Oliver, although there is no Mr Twist.

Greek mythology also got a nod this year with a reference to the Orpheus family.

In a rare glimpse into the pseudonym selection process, the Federal Court said in a presentation in Sydney that the name must be "phonetically dissimilar" to the parties' real name. It should also be respectful and culturally sensitive.

The court says one of the reasons that names are used instead of letters is that they are easier to remember, and can be used over the "life" of the case including any appeals.'

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/court-pseudonyms-and-icac-codenames-explained-20141221-12byzi.html

Did anyone else pick up on the comment about the third car that was forensically tested being cleared. At the very end of the press conference one of the journos asked about the third vehicle and Jubes confirmed that it had been cleared.

I think DCI Jubelin was talking about AJ's car seized from his wife's neighbour's garage, after the appeal for information about the cars (reported by William's foster mother) that were parked across the road from 48 Benaroon Drive on the morning William disappeared.

Could you clarify what you mean by 'rock and hard-place' and why William's biological mother needs 'seriously excellent legal counsel' please, deugirtni?

When I think about things, I try to think from the perspective of who I'm thinking about. Here is a young single mom, who had little in the way of family support, her boyfriend/dad of her babies gone to jail, FACS had taken her kids to go to a foster home. She went on to have other children not too long after, whom she is somehow deemed to be fit enough to raise in her own household, however apparently FACS would not return her first 2 babies to her care. The carers would like to raise those children as their own. I get the impression that she has little in the way of financial means to launch a lawsuit against the powers that be. She has commented that she has wanted to speak out in pursuit of her missing child, but she was not allowed. She has already indicated unhappiness about various aspects of this whole situation. She has indicated that she can't say a lot because she has her other children in her care. Obviously she doesn't want to risk losing them too. It has now come out in public that she is the biological mom of WT. And instead of compassion for this mother who had no say in how WT was being watched on the day he disappeared, the media is dragging negative aspects of her life, possibly her past life, through the mud, across the nation, and chasing her with their cameras, even when she has her children in tow, etc.

One might presume that the mom in such a story may at least try to make a claim against the government in regard to what has happened to her child while in its care. Yet if she does that, will she risk being able to continue mothering the children currently in her care? FACS went to long and expensive lengths (at the taxpayers' expense, mind you), to keep this information hidden. We can tell from what is written in media that media is still being warned not to print certain things, for 'legal reasons'. Call it a hunch, but I suspect that this mom is also being 'warned' about speaking publicly.

We know from a publicly viewable legal document that she is fighting to get her remaining child back into her care. She is between a rock and a hard place because to get one thing very important to her, she may be risking another thing that may be just as important to her. Her moves at this time could have serious, permanent, life-long effects that may or may not turn out to be positive for her. I truly hope that she has been given support from somewhere to allow her to obtain not just legal advice, but *excellent* legal advice, to help guide her through this maze, to give her strength in knowing the right thing to do, etc. I sure wouldn't want to be her. And I'll bet that once this story finally has an ending, if ever, it may be quite interesting to read about what she went through, from her (short) end of stick. All my opinion, of course.

I hope we all realise that William was not removed from his biological home because the mother was young and inexperienced, with little support. There are thousands of young, inexperienced, unsupported mothers out there that still have custody of all their children. Have not even been thought about to have their children removed.

It is one thing having empathy for her now. She seems to have turned things around. And good on her. I couldn't be more pleased about that.

But it is another thing to think that the state would remove a child because the mother is young and experienced, with little support. The state gives opportunity after opportunity, offers assistance, offers classes, offers counselling, offers respite care, (all of which the taxpayer pays for) ... before they finally remove a child ... if they remove the child. Sometimes they don't even do that. Look at the case of Chloe Valentine.

Heck, caseworkers themselves have been known to remove piles of garbage from houses, clean up, put food in the fridge, just to try to give the little munchkins a chance and show an active example to the mothers. Because they must give the mothers many opportunities, even though every instinct in them is telling them to take the child away. (Again, look at Chloe Valentine's case.)

I don't know how things work in other countries. But this is how it works in Australia.

Just to add to my above post ^^^^ ... when a child gives birth to a child, things don't always fare well for the baby. And in this case, there was a span of some years between the removal of two children. Which is an indication that even as the mother-child grew up, the dangerous/neglectful behaviour did not change. At least, until more recently.

Temporarily relocating a child is one thing. Transplanting a child is something altogether different

Just speaking generally, none of us know the whole story.

It's ultimately not related to WT's disappearance, which makes me wonder why its allowed to be in the media at all - esp given the FF are the ones who could add context to the day (not in any way accusing them... context is king for these situations, and it's not going to be provided by the BioFam.)

Regardless of if we know the whole story, the state will err on the side of the child. The state is not there to temporarily take care of a child, on a long term basis, until the parents can sort themselves out. Once the child has been in a safe, comfortable, loving home for many years, they must now be upheaved and returned to the parents who had so many opportunities to get themselves straight?

The state will not keep the child from knowing its birth parents. But it will try to give the child a safe, permanent home, once it is evident that years, formative years, of the child's life can go by in a flash in dangerous/neglectful situations.

That is my piece on this whole matter. I am very glad that things are turning out better for the more recent children.

When I think about things, I try to think from the perspective of who I'm thinking about. Here is a young single mom, who had little in the way of family support, her boyfriend/dad of her babies gone to jail, FACS had taken her kids to go to a foster home. She went on to have other children not too long after, whom she is somehow deemed to be fit enough to raise in her own household, however apparently FACS would not return her first 2 babies to her care. The carers would like to raise those children as their own. I get the impression that she has little in the way of financial means to launch a lawsuit against the powers that be. She has commented that she has wanted to speak out in pursuit of her missing child, but she was not allowed. She has already indicated unhappiness about various aspects of this whole situation. She has indicated that she can't say a lot because she has her other children in her care. Obviously she doesn't want to risk losing them too. It has now come out in public that she is the biological mom of WT. And instead of compassion for this mother who had no say in how WT was being watched on the day he disappeared, the media is dragging negative aspects of her life, possibly her past life, through the mud, across the nation, and chasing her with their cameras, even when she has her children in tow, etc.

One might presume that the mom in such a story may at least try to make a claim against the government in regard to what has happened to her child while in its care. Yet if she does that, will she risk being able to continue mothering the children currently in her care? FACS went to long and expensive lengths (at the taxpayers' expense, mind you), to keep this information hidden. We can tell from what is written in media that media is still being warned not to print certain things, for 'legal reasons'. Call it a hunch, but I suspect that this mom is also being 'warned' about speaking publicly.

We know from a publicly viewable legal document that she is fighting to get her remaining child back into her care. She is between a rock and a hard place because to get one thing very important to her, she may be risking another thing that may be just as important to her. Her moves at this time could have serious, permanent, life-long effects that may or may not turn out to be positive for her. I truly hope that she has been given support from somewhere to allow her to obtain not just legal advice, but *excellent* legal advice, to help guide her through this maze, to give her strength in knowing the right thing to do, etc. I sure wouldn't want to be her. And I'll bet that once this story finally has an ending, if ever, it may be quite interesting to read about what she went through, from her (short) end of stick. All my opinion, of course.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply although surely none of the conditions you assume to impact upon William's biological mother would preclude her from making a public appeal for information about her missing son, even if it were simply a statement written in conjunction with NSW Police?

I appreciate you taking the time to reply although surely none of the conditions you assume to impact upon William's biological mother would preclude her from making a public appeal for information about her missing son, even if it were simply a statement written in conjunction with NSW Police?

This article speaks of your question, Bohemian, though it gives no indication of why.

Friends said Ms Tyrrell is not ready to speak about William's disappearance.

Ms Tyrrell said her friend's response was 'nice', telling them she plans to keep quiet about her son's disappearance - even joking she will stay silent 'unless Eminem raps my life story'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rrell-s-mother-Karlie-pictured-stays-mum.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
workerbma