Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just listened to the initial phone call FM made to 000. She stated that William was three and a half. At the time of the abduction William was less than three and one quarter so why would she increase his age. Nitpicking but quite significant imo. Williams birthday is 26 June.

Yep totally nitpicking and insignificant to this case.

Think they have have a date mixed up there somewhere, papertrail.. I would at a time of crisis too!
He was 3 years and 3 months old at time of going missing. His 3rd birthday was 3 months prior, so a mum would probs refer to him being around 3 and a 1/2. Close enough anyway.
D.O.B 26 June, 2011
Missing on 12 September, 2014

I have just listened to the initial phone call FM made to 000. She stated that William was three and a half. At the time of the abduction William was less than three and one quarter so why would she increase his age. Nitpicking but quite significant imo. Williams birthday is 26 June.

And those of us that have been here since that horrible day know Williams birthdate ect. 3 and a half 3 and 3months - whatever. INSIGNIFICANT

What do you feel is significant? You must be inferring something?

One of those interviews I linked was by NSW Police.

Additionally, the police and 60 Minutes interviews were not focusing on what happened prior to William's disappearance. They were focusing on what was happening during and after that time. They clearly stated that mum and grandma were on the back porch.

A respected MSM source, that many consider to be quite worthy, says pretty much the same thing, and includes a tidbit about the cup of tea.

"Nanna makes a cup of tea, and between 10am and 10.25am the two women sit outside as William and his sister play chase in the garden, which slopes down steeply, 70 metres or so, to the road. There’s no fence. At one point William is seen hiding behind a celery wood tree, halfway down the garden. He has morphed from Spider-Man into Daddy Tiger and they smile as he makes growling noises, trying to frighten his sister.

And then his mum notices there’s been no growling, no giggling, for five minutes or so. She looks inside, does a lap of the house outside, then retraces her steps. “I can’t hear him,” she says. “Why can’t I hear him? I just walked out and I can hear nothing.” She is walking around shouting, “William, where are you? You need to talk to Mummy. Tell me where you are.” She’s becoming frantic, searching through cupboards in the house. “How can a three-year-old just vanish into nothing?” William’s father comes home and sees the panic on her face. He starts running, up and down the street.

Soon they are knocking on neighbours’ doors, wild-eyed and desperate. The neighbours join the search and call others to help. At 10.56am, utterly distraught, William’s mother calls 000 and reports him missing, telling the operator they’ve been searching for 15 or 20 minutes."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

William went missing on the 12th. September 2014. If FM states he was 3 and a half years old on that day in September, then it is another 9 mnths. to his next birthday in June. So WT was only 3 months out of having had his 3rd. birthday. Not sure why she put him at 3 1/2? It was on the 000 call and she hesitated a bit about the Benaroon address too, and maybe not thinking straight in the moment?

Yep totally nitpicking and insignificant to this case give or take a few months. What's the significance ?

Accuracy and given the signficance if the report bejng made wouldnt 100 percent accuracy be important given the difference in growth demeanor size of a child is altered dramatically. There is quite a difference between 180 and 78 days.

Accuracy and given the signficance if the report bejng made wouldnt 100 percent accuracy be important given the difference in growth demeanor size of a child is altered dramatically. There is quite a difference between 180 and 78 days.

Yes i would think so, although luckily FM had the photo of William in the spiderman suit just prior to his disappearance to put out to the public to show exactly how he looked at the time.

60 minutes to me are pretty credible. I can't see what they may have edited out . The interview flowed pretty strongly to me.

The 60 Minutes show here is a bit different to the 60 Minutes show in the US, that katydid23 is likely referring to.

It is better here imo.

I am still really unclear in trying to establish who was outside with WT when he was taken? Was he out there alone? was he still out there with his sister?
Who actually went inside the house to make a cup of tea? Depending on what MSM articles are still available from the day in question, there are some variations as to the answers to those questions?
But it is obvious that no one who was caring for the children that morning heard or saw anything that was suspicious except for the FM remembering later that evening/night about the two vehicles parked across the street that day.

Transcribing from that 60 Minutes video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04XZc4oOKTc ) :

Interviewer: When was the last you saw him?

Mother: Playing around the back patio area. Mum and I were sitting on two chairs. And then he jumped off. And he was playing on the grass. And then what he did was, he went just around to the right. I can still hear him. He was roaring. Um, and then, um, nothing.

Interviewer: What was the very last you saw or heard of William?

Mother: That was it. That's, yep, my last sound, my last sound memory of him is rah. And then it's nothing. And then it's just silence and he's just vanished.

I'm not clear about how long the silence lasted before FM thought it strange and began to look for William, or whether the two women remained sitting on the patio for the whole of that interval. Perhaps they did go inside for a few minutes after William turned the corner. FM isn't asked; or she may have been asked and the material edited out. I'm not implying any criticism whatsoever of the family but I agree there's room for uncertainty about some of their movements.

Transcribing from that 60 Minutes video ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04XZc4oOKTc ) :

Mother: Playing around the back patio area. Mum and I were sitting on two chairs. And then he jumped off. And he was playing on the grass. And then what he did was, he went just around to the right. I can still hear him. He was roaring. Um, and then, um, nothing.

Mother: That was it. That's, yep, my last sound, my last sound memory of him is rah. And then it's nothing. And then it's just silence and he's just vanished.

I'm not clear about how long the silence lasted before FM thought it strange and began to look for William, or whether the two women remained sitting on the patio for the whole of that interval. Perhaps they did go inside for a few minutes after William turned the corner. FM isn't asked; or she may have been asked and the material edited out. I'm not implying any criticism whatsoever of the family but I agree there's room for uncertainty about some of their movements.

Yes it is unclear to me as well. I always for some reason thought that the FM & FGM were on the patio where it was higher up off the ground with more stairs leading up to it, in the front of the house? I didn't realize until just recently that there was that smaller near the ground level patio where they were actually sitting, at the rear of the house? So i'm thinking how on earth could the two women have seen or heard anything much from higher up off the ground, but the other patio makes more sense and looks like they would of had a fairly good view of the children. Seems there is lots of shrubbery around there too. Someone would of had to have been very brazen to wait for any given opportunity to steal a child from there IMO.

The problem IMO with WT's disappearance is that there was such a very narrow window for someone to take him. That person or persons would of had to of been there right at that very moment when WT was there unsupervised and out of sight of the adults that were there with him that morning. Who would of known such an opportunity would present itself anyway? to be there hiding possibly and waiting?
And from what FM said she had some kind of "vision"? that someone grabbed WT by the shoulders and lifted him up? Why did WT not make any sound if someone grabbed him by the shoulders to make off with him?

perhaps 'not by the shoulders' ?

William went missing on the 12th. September 2014. If FM states he was 3 and a half years old on that day in September, then it is another 9 mnths. to his next birthday in June. So WT was only 3 months out of having had his 3rd. birthday. Not sure why she put him at 3 1/2? It was on the 000 call and she hesitated a bit about the Benaroon address too, and maybe not thinking straight in the moment?

ive wondered if the emergency call was edited or redone for tactical reasons, some things about it seem strange?

Whàngarei;13928654 said:
Frozen in fear imo.i know that feeling

Hi Wangarei, I am so sad to hear of your experience. I won't attempt to align / understand your feelings, as I've not been in your shoes, only in my own.

I will however (with your permission) put my arm around your shoulders in genuine care and support of you & your journey.

I'm also reaching out to all WS colleagues, and ask that we be vocal in our encouragement and support of the right to 'individuality' - IMO, that is a must for all.

I just dont know how he left the property.i have my theories.the call was showing signs of stress .she couldn't remember the address initially very controlled. Trying to not be scared but i think very scared.

Hi Wangarei, I am so sad to hear of your experience. I won't attempt to align / understand your feelings, as I've not been in your shoes, only in my own.

I will however (with your permission) put my arm around your shoulders in genuine care and support of you

I'm also reaching out to all WS colleagues, and ask that we be vocal in our encouragement and support of the right to 'individuality' - IMO, that is a must for all.

Thankyou Warshawski,

We all react differently under stressful conditions. Some better than others.

bbm
Since when do you switch between present and past tense, when you tell such a short "story"?
bbm green
Why so complicated? Some filler because the end of the sentence has to be carefully considered?

post #704
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-1227308929078 (can't read)
Mother thought: “How can a three-year-old just vanish into nothing?”

His age is changing a little bit ....

Whàngarei;13933618 said:
I just dont know how he left the property.i have my theories.the call was showing signs of stress .she couldn't remember the address initially very controlled. Trying to not be scared but i think very scared.

Yes, I think she was very, very scared and upset. I know I would have been ..... and I think most people would, too

It is difficult for anyone to dissect her words spoken in that call, and expect any great degree of accuracy and precision in every word that she said. The call may very well have been editted - William was not called Tyrrell in every day life. We have already learned that. And mum was, no doubt, extremely upset and worried.

As well, there may be things that were said in that call that are not appropriate for the public to know due to an ongoing police investigation, a protected little boy (at the time), and his still protected young sister.

That is why the police get out there, right away, after such a phone call. Get some clarity from the distraught parents, get a photo, get more details, get involved. The initial phone responder is just trying to get some rough info from an upset 000 caller.

BBM
Soon they are knocking on neighbours’ doors, wild-eyed and desperate. The neighbours join the search and call others to help. At 10.56am, utterly distraught, William’s mother calls 000 and reports him missing, telling the operator they’ve been searching for 15 or 20 minutes."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

post #704
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-1227308929078 (can't read)
Mother thought: “How can a three-year-old just vanish into nothing?”

His age is changing a little bit ....

Yes, she probably should have said three years and seventy eight days old, repeatedly ... in that scared, heart-stopping phone call, when she was expected by some to have her full wits about her, as she frantically hoped and prayed that her young son would be found very, very soon.

But, no, an evil person had taken him away. And now little William is still not found, to this day ... three years and one hundred and fifty eight days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pollcat12