Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks South Aussie for all you’ve done to keep Williams case out there, on track and with true information.

I’ve just gone back to read again thread number one, sad to see how hopeful we all were, and see the huge effort put in by searchers.
This case must haunt everyone who searched for him.
For anyone who doubts the FPS innocence, I wish they’d go back to the beginning and realise the state they were in. You can even see the pain of their friends back when Nicole gave the first interview.

Sad to think William has now been gone for longer than his family had him for.

bbm
Since when do you switch between present and past tense, when you tell such a short "story"?
bbm green
Why so complicated? Some filler because the end of the sentence has to be carefully considered?

As to the tenses, I find it very natural. She's answering the question about what happened so she begins in the past tense, but the memory comes back so strongly it's as if she's re-experiencing it and drops into the present. When I was transcribing this last night I also took down some of the preceding speech and you can see that she does that a lot:

Mother: I thought I'd see if he wanted to climb some trees so I'm holding him up and saying do you want to climb a tree and he's like, "No Mummy, too high."
And then we were playing, and I'm playing um mummy monsters so he's chasing me and I'm doing the whole rah thing and I'm chasing him and he's giggling his head off.

After that the interviewer asks about the photograph and she explains the angle. It's all past tense and she uses the word "weird" twice and it's not at all apparent what's weird about it. I think perhaps this is information they wanted to put out to address what people have been saying about the photograph and the angle. It's at a lower level of emotional intensity and I wonder if it may have been slotted in out of sequence.

The only other thing that struck me in terms of statement analysis was the "just" in "he went just around the corner". I thought it was a little defensive, as if she felt stung by criticisms that they hadn't provided adequate supervision, or as if she felt some guilt, however irrational. All very natural feelings to have.

The only other thing that struck me in terms of statement analysis was the "just" in "he went just around the corner". I thought it was a little defensive, as if she felt stung by criticisms that they hadn't provided adequate supervision, or as if she felt some guilt, however irrational. All very natural feelings to have.

RSBM

I cannot begin to imagine the turbulence of the feelings the family must have. If only this .. if only that ... over and over in their heads .. every single day.

And it won't just be the mum and dad, it will be grandma and sister who are feeling it, too.
Maybe even a few of the neighbours, as well, who may wish they had left their home a minute or two later and seen something, or the man who was mowing his lawn wishing he had looked up at the road.

A tragedy for the whole community.
Except, maybe not such a tragedy for the luckiest unluckiest-washing-machine-repair-man-in-the-world. imo
Or whoever else took William, in other people's opinion.

RSBM

I cannot begin to imagine the turbulence of the feelings the family must have. If only this .. if only that ... over and over in their heads .. every single day.

And it won't just be the mum and dad, it will be grandma and sister who are feeling it, too.
Maybe even a few of the neighbours, as well, who may wish they had left their home a minute or two later and seen something, or the man who was mowing his lawn wishing he had looked up at the road.

A tragedy for the whole community.
Except, maybe not such a tragedy for the luckiest unluckiest-washing-machine-repair-man-in-the-world. imo
Or whoever else took William, in other people's opinion.

so true
a cruel sad completely normal reaction to loosing someone you love....is guilt.
what you could have, should have, would have done to prevent that persons demise.
my mum died from a heart attack alone and I feel guilty every day. just because I wasn't there, maybe I could have gotten her an ambulance etc you know.
its persons who show no signs of regret and ownership in a death mystery that makes them suspicious. what they don't say rather than what they do.
jonbenet ramsey case is a perfect example of why the family became suspect. there own lack of empathy and ownership of what happened.

imo Williams fm reguarding the age discrepancy probably was simply implying that he was post 3.
I have 3 adolescent kids and I couldn't tell you their ages in months off the top of my head!

my biggest bug bear with this case isn't that I think the families did anything bad but I can not fathom ( most of us posting here live in oz)
how there could possibly be a predator lurking under a balcony (or near by what ever) of a remote semi rural property in the middle of no where in the middle of the day with a family there watching and hanging out on the deck and playing in the yard and not see a thing. there is just no reasonable conclusion that a random predator child killer would take such risks????
and achieve his goal.
this type of perpetrator has balls of steel and tells me would take such risks often.
why have there been zero other child obductions?????
one off ? don't see it.

just my thoughts out loud people .
I still cant shake the feeling that Williams demise could have been a freak of nature event. nobody at fault .

there just is nothing solid enough in any direction to incriminate anyone for me from the information released.:thinking:

Thanks South Aussie for all you’ve done to keep Williams case out there, on track and with true information.

I’ve just gone back to read again thread number one, sad to see how hopeful we all were, and see the huge effort put in by searchers.
This case must haunt everyone who searched for him.
For anyone who doubts the FPS innocence, I wish they’d go back to the beginning and realise the state they were in. You can even see the pain of their friends back when Nicole gave the first interview.

Sad to think William has now been gone for longer than his family had him for.

:goodpost: Kiwi, I too have been reading articles from the first few days, the search was massive, so many people out looking for William...........where are you William???

my biggest bug bear with this case isn't that I think the families did anything bad but I can not fathom ( most of us posting here live in oz)
how there could possibly be a predator lurking under a balcony (or near by what ever) of a remote semi rural property in the middle of no where in the middle of the day with a family there watching and hanging out on the deck and playing in the yard and not see a thing. there is just no reasonable conclusion that a random predator child killer would take such risks????

RSBM

That is where you and I differ (or agree), k-mac. I don't think it was a random predator lurking around under a balcony. I think it was someone who was meant to go there that morning, for a job, and just happened to rock up at the right (wrong) time when no-one else was around.

Someone who has allegedly and reportedly abused young children before, even a 3 year old - multiple times - and got away with it (so far). Someone who may have had a predilection in sneaky behaviour, due to his alleged sexual deviations.

Goodness knows his wife had her own grandchildren removed from their home ... for some unknown reason that we all guess at, but don't know for sure.

- Where is that phone call (below)? Why is it not in Spedding's call log? Why has it not cleared Spedding, if it happened?
- Why was Spedding asking for anyone to provide pics of him at the awards ceremony? Why did no-one come forward to say that they had physically seen him there? It is not a large school. Why has he not been cleared by that?
- Why did the cafe worker not recall seeing him in a long time, even though she recognised him? Didn't anyone see him there? Why has that not cleared him?

BBM
"He (Spedding's son Rodney) says his father was due to go to William’s grandmother’s house on the day William disappeared, to fix her washing machine, but “he went to an award ceremony at the school, where one of the boys was getting an award, so he ended up going there rather than going out on that day to William’s grandmother’s”. He says his father told him that he phoned the grandmother to say he would not be coming to fix the washing machine."

William’s disappearance is a “once in a *decade crime”, according to Dr Olav Nielssen, a psychiatrist from the University of NSW who has studied juvenile homicides.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/ne...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

RSBM

That is where you and I differ (or agree), k-mac. I don't think it was a random predator lurking around under a balcony. I think it was someone who was meant to go there that morning, for a job, and just happened to rock up at the right (wrong) time when no-one else was around.

Someone who has allegedly and reportedly abused young children before, even a 3 year old - multiple times - and got away with it (so far). Someone who may have had a predilection in sneaky behaviour, due to his alleged sexual deviations.

Goodness knows his wife had her own grandchildren removed from their home ... for some unknown reason that we all guess at, but don't know for sure.

- Where is that phone call (below)? Why is it not in Spedding's call log? Why has it not cleared Spedding, if it happened?
- Why was Spedding asking for anyone to provide pics of him at the awards ceremony? Why did no-one come forward to say that they had phyically seen him there? It is not a large school. Why has he not been cleared by that?
- Why did the cafe worker not recall seeing him in a long time, even though she recognised him? Didn't anyone see him there? Why has that not cleared him?

BBM

I hear and validate what your saying SA I'm just saying I don't see it as enough. :-/ I hope there is much more on him then we are being told.
random wasn't a good choice of words about him either.
compulsive maybe to take such risks. imo in a little town like kendall is brazen.
big crowds and annomity would be far more to the liking of child molesterers who take and abuse kids they don't know.
him taking advantage of children in his company is sadly we all know way too common for these vile pieces of ****.
but at the end of the day the pushed agenda here is a child obduction of child he did not know.
that is what my point is when I say random.
hope that's abit clearer to what I was getting at :)

I hear and validate what your saying SA I'm just saying I don't see it as enough. :-/ I hope there is much more on him then we are being told.
random wasn't a good choice of words about him either.
compulsive maybe to take such risks. imo in a little town like kendall is brazen.
big crowds and annomity would be far more to the liking of child molesterers who take and abuse kids they don't know.
him taking advantage of children in his company is sadly we all know way too common for these vile pieces of ****.
but at the end of the day the pushed agenda here is a child obduction of child he did not know.
that is what my point is when I say random.
hope that's abit clearer to what I was getting at :)

I completely get what you are saying, and how you are thinking. :)

I believe it is a once-in-a-decade crime, as has been said. And I believe it is at Spedding's hands. He took a HUGE risk on that day imo. One he may not (or may) have taken before. Perhaps William was going to be returned to the neighbourhood and be "found" later. Perhaps he didn't know what to do with William, once he was finished with him. Couldn't just threaten him to tell no-one, else he'd hurt his mummy and daddy. A massive search was happening all over town, all through the forest, by hundreds of people, no returning him now.

Compulsive. Yes, for sure. We agree on certain aspects, without a doubt.

I haven't posted on this story for quite a while so can someone tell me what connects the bio-family with Kendall, apart from TJ knowing NC? Who could have potentially received a phone call saying that William was on his way to FGM's?

I haven't posted on this story for quite a while so can someone tell me what connects the bio-family with Kendall, apart from TJ knowing NC? Who could have potentially received a phone call saying that William was on his way to FGM's?

I don't think anything connects WT's biological family with Kendall? The FP's were in Kendall with WT because that's where the FGM was living at the time.
Was NC known to TJ? I thought KL was, and KL & NC knew each other after WT went missing?
Seeing as it was a surprise visit to FGM's house i doubt anyone knew?

BBM
Nothing that has been stated in MSM..........

i think ms relative is fb friends with the bios?

ive wondered if the emergency call was edited or redone for tactical reasons, some things about it seem strange?

I wouldn't think there would be any reason to edit a 000 call? Usually it's a response of "what's your emergency?, what's your address?", and to send police & or ambulance if necessary, and to get someone there asap.
Other details are usually given to first responders once on the scene.

I haven't listened to the 000 call in a while, but isn't that the call where William was named as William Tyrrell? Some of us thought that was unusual as that wasn't the (sur)name William went by.
And who would have ever known at the time that the case of a little missing boy would turn into such a huge case, where the 000 call would be publicised.

It is not unusual for 911 calls to be publicised in missing child cases i have followed in the U.S. Is it not the same in Australia?
And why wouldn't William Tyrrell be known as that name when it is still legally his real name. William was a fostered child, not a legally adopted child that had a name change.

No, it is not the same in Australia. We do not have that USA 'right to know'. It is highly unusual here to release a 000 call recording.

All information given to 000 Emergency Operators is treated in the strictest confidence.
https://www.australianpolice.com.au/police-000-line/

Triple Zero (000)
Our department is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
We will not give your personal information to other government agencies, private sector organisations, or anyone else .... (more at link)
https://www.triplezero.gov.au/Pages/Privacy-Statement.aspx

Unless William Tyrrell went by his biological father's surname, which we don't know if he & KT are married. William's bio mother goes by the name Tyrrell.

No, it is not the same in Australia. Highly unusual.

All information given to 000 Emergency Operators is treated in the strictest confidence.
https://www.australianpolice.com.au/police-000-line/

Triple Zero (000)
Our department is bound by the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
We will not give your personal information to other government agencies, private sector organisations, or anyone else .... (more at link)
https://www.triplezero.gov.au/Pages/Privacy-Statement.aspx

Maybe that has changed somehow then if they publicised the call in this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55