Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spedding was due in the Ballarat Magistrates Court on Thursday for a committal mention, but a solicitor appearing on his behalf requested the matter be heard in his absence.

The lawyer told the court that Spedding lives 400 kilometres north of Sydney and current bail conditions on unrelated NSW matters restricted him from leaving the state.

She requested the committal mention be adjourned until after March 16 next year to allow Spedding's NSW matters to be dealt with.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...l-spedding-to-face-victorian-court-next-year/

Of course they were adjourned again after that, until this trial at the JMT is done and dusted.

Thanks! That helps a lot. :blowkiss:
I will see if I can find that specific division.

ETA: Oh, I just finally found a link that gives all courts, all divisions!

Need to start watching this, right about now, I think.

http://dailylists.courts.vic.gov.au/

So I wonder if trial is finished in regards to BS, sorry SA I couldn’t open your above link. If so are we likely to hear the verdict or will it be kept under wraps until other case is dealt with

So I wonder if trial is finished in regards to BS, sorry SA I couldn’t open your above link. If so are we likely to hear the verdict or will it be kept under wraps until other case is dealt with

Oh, it opens for me. Sorry.

I think the case may be over, just my own personal thought. They said about 3 weeks, it has been three weeks (I have been watching carefully).

He only appeared on Monday this week. I am hoping that was verdict day. Maybe another day for sentencing (presuming he is found guilty, of course)? Then on to Victoria. Unless sentencing happens at the same time as a verdict, at that level of court.

Victorian magistrate said they would adjourn until early March, from memory.

Thanks! That helps a lot. :blowkiss:
I will see if I can find that specific division.

ETA: Oh, I just finally found a link that gives all courts, all divisions!

Need to start watching this, right about now, I think.

http://dailylists.courts.vic.gov.au/

Oh did you mean Sano taskforce?

thread 26 - post 29
The link would be now dead, of course.

I guess the fact is that right now in Feb 2017 BS is on trial for the sexual abuse of young girls in a caravan at Campbelltown in April / May of 1987 and there must be a bloody good reason for that. imo
Sano taskforce is the prosecuting agency for charges that he will be fronting court for in Victoria on 30 March 2017.

https://dailylists.magistratesvic.co...aseID=88201335

https://www.victas.uca.org.au/communityservices/Documents/Sano.pdf

Oh, it opens for me. Sorry.

I think the case may be over, just my own personal thought. They said about 3 weeks, it has been three weeks (I have been watching carefully).

He only appeared on Monday this week. I am hoping that was verdict day. Maybe another day for sentencing (presuming he is found guilty, of course)? Then on to Victoria. Unless sentencing happens at the same time as a verdict, at that level of court.

Victorian magistrate said they would adjourn until early March, from memory.

So for hypothetical sake .....he is found guilty - he would get a court date for sentencing. Wouldn't he?

I’m trying to respond sa but it keeps saying my message is to short when I try to add your quote.
Do you think we will hear the result of this current trial whichever way it goes or do you think we will have to wait for the outcome of the 2nd trial ?

Did DCI Jubelin state exactly at anytime was was actually VERIFIED in his own words or is everyone relying on some press detail.

I have asked for this link as well and no one has provided it. You may be relying on press reports not police verification.

These however are direct quotes which you can say provide verification that there are covert operations in action and no reason for Det Insp Jubelin to give the public all details of the case!

“We’re doing a lot of things that don’t hit the public’s attention and go just as hard on people. As I sit here, we’re doing covert investigative strategies on a number of people,” DEt Insp Jubelin told Tracy Grimshaw on A Current Affair.

“We’re committed tofinding out what happened to William. Sometimes there’s a perception with theannouncement of a reward police have run out of lines of inquiry.”
Insp Jubelin said that wasfar from the truth.

“This is a very proactiveoperation. We are not going to sit on our hands and wait for someone to comeforward, we are following numerous lines of inquiry,” he said.

At a media conferencewith NSW Premier Mike Baird and NSW Police commissioner Andrew Scipione, InspJubelin said rewards were usually paid out on the arrest and conviction of theoffender. On this case though, the recovery of William had been added as acondition to this reward.

“If you’ve got informationregarding William’s disappearance and you’ve got concerns that you could bepotentially complicit in the offence, by concealing the offence, that offencewill be negated the moment you come to police,” he said.

The person’s identity couldbe protected — and if they had fears for their safety, protection could also beoffered.

“I’m confident it’s only amatter of time before we find out what’s happened to William and if we come toyou the offer of the reward is off the table,” he told reporters.
http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...d/news-story/4239f71c950a75f1305457c9e62ca43a

I’m trying to respond sa but it keeps saying my message is to short when I try to add your quote.
Do you think we will hear the result of this current trial whichever way it goes or do you think we will have to wait for the outcome of the 2nd trial ?

I think we will hear nothing at all until after the Victorian case. He will be under sub judice until that happens, I think.

We don't know if he is having a jury trial or a judge only trial in Victoria, either.

I wish we could hear something now. But that might interfere with the wheels of justice.

imo

So for hypothetical sake .....he is found guilty - he would get a court date for sentencing. Wouldn't he?

Yes, you would think so. But maybe a judge would sentence at the time of verdict? It is a judge only trial. And it is not Supreme Court for murder (like Gittany). She must know what she is thinking prior to delivering her verdict. Unless the lawyers get to say pre-sentencing remarks or something. If so, then another date may have to be set. (If he is found guilty, of course.)

Thanks SA( still can’t reply with your quote for some reason) that is what I thought too

I think we will hear nothing at all until after the Victorian case. He will be under sub judice until that happens, I think.

We don't know if he is having a jury trial or a judge only trial in Victoria, either.

I wish we could hear something now. But that might interfere with the wheels of justice.

imo

He has to go through the process again ..wonder if he will waive the committal in Victoria?

No he just said I will not discuss specific persons of interest, when his named is mentioned :thinking: ....link coming:)

They also say "that is one line of inquiry".

We have sure learned their double-speak after all these cases we've followed.

Yes, you would think so. But maybe a judge would sentence at the time of verdict? It is a judge only trial. And it is not Supreme Court for murder (like Gittany). She must know what she is thinking prior to delivering her verdict. Unless the lawyers get to say pre-sentencing remarks or something. If so, then another date may have to be set. (If he is found guilty, of course.)

Yes in a personal case I have referred to earlier, judge only, sentencing was handed down on last day of trial

What did Jubes say, sorry can’t search for link at the moment wasn’t it “ if you were in Kendall that day come forward and give us your reason “ or something along the lines of that. If those owners of the cars were legitimately there for a totally plausible reason surely they would have no reason not to offer that up.
unless they werent locals and just passing through, maybe visited a family member at the cemetary, if the car info wasnt released until a year later people have moved on or away etc

unless they werent locals and just passing through, maybe visited a family member at the cemetary, if the car info wasnt released until a year later people have moved on or away etc

Yes maybe but keeping in mind this is a very high profile nationwide case. Unless you don’t watch or read the news and you were in Kendall in that street on that day surely you would come forward. im not sure the cars were there or not but if they were and they were there for totally innocent reasons I believe imo that the legit owners would come forward unless they had been living under a brick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay