Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, interviewed by the media in January. Not by the police in January. Nothing in that article that I can see that says the police did not interview her much, much earlier - so I am not sure how that impression has been formed.
There are certainly no words that say that police 'realised they had not interviewed her/Buzz Cafe staff before'. Unless I have missed something?

Lisa is not going to tell the media what she told the police. She did a nice side-skirt of that question.

Spedding still is not cleared.

Cafe manager Lisa, who did not wish to give her last name, said she recognised Mr Spedding and his wife but said they hadn't come into the cafe 'in a while'.

I wonder when BS actually mentioned the coffee with his wife - in his timeline to the police?
Before or after the raids?

Instead, at that “crucial time” when William went missing, the Speddings were sitting at the Buzz Cafe in Laurieton, 10km from Kendall, according to Mr Youngberry.

“They have got proof that they were at the cafe because he paid for the coffees by card,” he said.

Mr Spedding and his wife then attended a presentation across the road at Laurieton Primary School, where one of the grandchildren was receiving an award.

Investigators were not aware of this detail before they questioned Mr Spedding this week, Mr Youngberry said.

“But I’ve downloaded the receipt and he (Mr Spedding) has now got it in his hot little hand,” he said.

Nocookies
Man ‘at cafe’ when William disappeared

Police were not aware that he had coffee with his wife? Or not aware of there was reciept of purchase about 10:00am?

Colin said Mr Spedding then went to the Buzz Cafe in Laurieton for a coffee with his wife before he went to an awards ceremony for his grandson at a primary school across the road.

Cafe staff say detectives have visited twice in the past few days as they attempt to verify Mr Spedding's movements.

Colin said he had downloaded a copy of Mr Spedding's bank card statement, which showed a purchase at the cafe about 10am on September 12.

William Spedding says he had nothing to do with disappearance of toddler William Tyrell

A cafe owner said police spoke to him about the case.

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph
Community desperate for answers as police continue hunt for William Tyrell

An owner and a manager may have a different recall.
imo

Last edited:
Yes but that is MSM's story isn't it? Where exactly do they get their info. from? How accurate is their info.? I'm asking because i don't know and i do know media can spin things in certain ways to sell stories.
Isn't that why BS is suing them?
Well, to my recollection, the suing was happening before this article or similar articles were published. I cannot tell you how accurate their info is however, I think they would be very careful about publishing someone who is a suspect and giving a description which identifies the person. If they are wrong, it opens them up to being sued. To be more clear, MSM have reported that when sending their brief to the coroner they have identified 5 suspects, 1 who is a POI, and given a description of BS. That information must have come from the police to the media. IMO

Last edited:
Well, to my recollection, the suing was happening before this article or similar articles were published. I cannot tell you how accurate their info is however, I think they would be very careful about publishing someone who is a suspect and giving a description which identifies the person. If they are wrong, it opens them up to being sued. IMO
I think large media outlets have very good corporate lawyers too, and it is probably very difficult to litigate against them.
I also don't think that police have named any names as to POI and who they are currently looking at.
It is still an ongoing investigation.
So i imagine they are being very tight lipped about it all.
That is why i question the msm articles.

I think large media outlets have very good corporate lawyers too, and it is probably very difficult to litigate against them.
I also don't think that police have named any names as to POI and who they are currently looking at.
It is still an ongoing investigation.
So i imagine they are being very tight lipped about it all.
That is why i question the msm articles.
At the time of publishing that information I believe the Vic proceeding had not concluded and therefore BS identification was subject to anonymity and that is why he was not named but described. I believe the press have reported information from a police source.

The only mention of the police suggesting a known individual was a poi that I recall.

Mr Spedding has denied an involvement in William’s disappearance and has the full support of two of his children.

‘‘We fully support him. We know that he has had nothing to do with this,’’ his daughter-in-law told Fairfax Media.

Police have stressed Mr Spedding is not a suspect, but a person of interest in the case.

‘‘At the very highest he is a person of interest but he is not the only person of interest,’’ Superintendent Willing said.

William Tyrrell: Search for evidence continues

William Tyrrell: Seach for evidence continues

But that was a while after BS had declared himself a poi.

It's odd imo that Jubelin won't discuss POI's and yet when a Police media spokesperson is asked a question about a POI, they apparently give an answer. Whether that answer is clear and concise or how it is interpreted by media or whether it is miss-reported is anyone's guess.

Having said that, whenever a reporter asks Jubelin about BS, his answer is always, "I won't discuss persons of interest". It could be assumed from his response BS is a person of interest or it could mean he is not prepared to answer one way or another imo.

It's odd imo that Jubelin won't discuss POI's and yet when a Police media spokesperson is asked a question about a POI, they apparently give an answer. Whether that answer is clear and concise or how it is interpreted by media or whether it is miss-reported is anyone's guess.

Having said that, whenever a reporter asks Jubelin about BS, his answer is always, "I won't discuss persons of interest". It could be assumed from his response BS is a person of interest or it could mean he is not prepared to answer one way or another imo.

That was said around 2 March 2015

‘‘At the very highest he is a person of interest but he is not the only person of interest,’’ Superintendent Willing said.

Come - 17 April 2015
Video within the article.

He said police were moving fast with their investigation.

"We will pursue every single angle until we work out what has happened to William," he said.

Detective Superintendent Willing would not confirm if William 'Bill' Spedding, a white goods repairman from nearby Bonny Hills, was still a person of interest.

Earlier this year police searched the home of Mr Spedding, as well as his Laurieton office, but he was not arrested and no charges were laid.

Paedophile ring 'may be involved' in William Tyrrell's disappearance

Seems that it was decided by LE at a given point that poi's would not be discussed at all.
imo

Last edited:

Come - 17 April 2015

"We will pursue every single angle until we work out what has happened to William," he said.

Detective Superintendent Willing would not confirm if William 'Bill' Spedding, a white goods repairman from nearby Bonny Hills, was still a person of interest.

Earlier this year police searched the home of Mr Spedding, as well as his Laurieton office, but he was not arrested and no charges were laid.

Seems that it was decided by LE at a given point that poi's would not be discussed at all.
imo

BBM, Yes i think so too. I doubt LE would discuss the POI's publicly because it could affect their ongoing investigations.
We do know for a fact that BS was a POI initially because they were at his place of residence/s and took some things into evidence to forensically test at the time.
And from memory police also searched neighbouring homes in Benaroon inside & out a couple of times as well, looking for signs of WT having been there or any other evidence they might find?
Although that part of their investigations weren't shown in the media like they did with BS searching his home.

Come - 17 April 2015

imo

BBM

Yes it does seem that way, which is why I find it odd there are statements like this one as one example;

'Investigators said this week Mr Spedding remained part of the inquiry but that he “had moved way down the priority list’’.'

the day of or after Jubelins Sept 2017 press conference where he refused to comment on persons of interest.

from this article
upload_2018-9-18_13-31-29.png

BBM

Yes it does seem that way, which is why I find it odd there are statements like this one as one example;

'Investigators said this week Mr Spedding remained part of the inquiry but that he “had moved way down the priority list’’.'

the day of or after Jubelins Sept 2017 press conference where he refused to comment on persons of interest.

from this article
View attachment 147561
Thanks for posting that up. The BBM was the comment i remember reading some time ago.
So if that info. is correct has BS now moved up the list again per the recent article that mentions the high profile POI and four others? It's all very confusing IMO.

BBM

from this article
View attachment 147561

It's not important, just an observation of an inconsistency in police/media procedure which I would like to understand.

Thanks for posting that up. The BBM was the comment i remember reading some time ago.
So if that info. is correct has BS now moved up the list again per the recent article that mentions the high profile POI and four others? It's all very confusing IMO.
Maybe the high profile POI is TJ? I cannot fathom BS is off the hook though, but again, I cannot fathom TJ is either. Wasn't there some comment (in the media hmm) that a high level POI was due to replace a washing machine part, just recently. The mind boggles. The MSM confuses! Whoever did this - i can't wait for their freaking punishment.

The complexity of this case is IMO overwhelming for us here who have no idea what is happening behind the scenes - i certainly hope it is not the same for the upcoming inquest team. I'm sure LE have made good crossroads, but perhaps lack the evidence to secure their target. Hope it's a Cowan catch all over again

The most recent reporting was that there were 5 suspects being sent on to the coroner. 4 of those are high priority suspects, 1 is a high profile suspect who is also a POI and happens to have been at the house earlier in the week that WT disappeared to repair a washing machine.

I can see why this is confusing. My educated guess is that BS is the high profile suspect as he has been covered in the media a lot. Someone made the guess that he may also be described as a POI as he may not have been cautioned yet by police to be interviewed as a suspect. think this came out just after the Victorian result was made public, so police are keeping maximum pressure on him. The others sound like they have already been cautioned and interviewed as suspects but I have no clue who they are. IMO

The most recent reporting was that there were 5 suspects being sent on to the coroner. 4 of those are high priority suspects, 1 is a high profile suspect who is also a POI and happens to have been at the house earlier in the week that WT disappeared to repair a washing machine.

I can see why this is confusing. My educated guess is that BS is the high profile suspect as he has been covered in the media a lot. Someone made the guess that he may also be described as a POI as he may not have been cautioned yet by police to be interviewed as a suspect. think this came out just after the Victorian result was made public, so police are keeping maximum pressure on him. The others sound like they have already been cautioned and interviewed as suspects but I have no clue who they are. IMO
Yes frogwell, that jolts my memory - BUT since this is msm reporting, can we trust that/it? I also read, AFAIR, sorry should provide a link, that a high level POI was of interest in the latest search at Batar Creek. Perhaps I have that wrong. I would search but i am currently creating a lord of the flies outfit before i pick up my teen! I could be so very wrong, & if so, i apologise. Perhaps i can look later, and perhaps it will be fruitless...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova