Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O
That is a bit confusing to read, but it sounds as though the judge has decided that he can sue the DM over their claims that he was a convicted pedo (even though they admitted their mistake), and he cannot sue about pics being taken of him by his 'Peddos' van.

Even though he started his claims after the allowed period, due to his trial over child rape charges the judge is allowing an extension. He had been advised by lawyers not to start his claims until the charges had been through court.
OK - thanks SA - that helps - I think...

Hi Iailwa, with all due respect, and in not being aware of your location, I feel the need to point out that Australia is a vast land. And yes, we do have very remote locations & communities who live without the enhancement of 'modern technologies'.

IMO, if one was determined / prepared to 'go totally off the grid', to live off the land as it presents, then there's no better country to pick. (I've been tempted often to disappear, but then I'm reminded of my love of creature comforts ! So then it's a case of 'what's the better of the 2 or even 3 - evils ' ?

With all due respect Warshawski, even our most remote aboriginal community has connection to services - and indeed modern technologies. And yes i am quite aware Australia is a vast land (thanks) and have spent time in far northern WA, altho not with the Kiwirrkurra people: our last aboriginal people to connect with modern technologies approx 20 years ago. I think perhaps Africa would be a better place to go off grid, if you are thinking about it ;)

I just think she's silly if she thinks there's some remote community out there that wouldn't give William back. It's borderline offensive to aboriginal people IMO.

"The community has a health centre, a store, a Ngaanyatjarra Lands school, women’s centre and an art centre. WDNWPT (Purple House) also provides a renal dialysis service from the Health Centre."

Kiwirrkurra | Ngaanyatjarra Health Service Public Website

Just to add ... it definitely looks as though Spedding was out to sue the media, no matter what. The case law states that he had a lawyer trawling the media (and their FB) "gathering" defamatory items.

That is a totally normal process leading up to such proceedings

With all due respect Warshawski, even our most remote aboriginal community has connection to services - and indeed modern technologies. And yes i am quite aware Australia is a vast land (thanks) and have spent time in far northern WA, altho not with the Kiwirrkurra people: our last aboriginal people to connect with modern technologies approx 20 years ago. I think perhaps Africa would be a better place to go off grid, if you are thinking about it ;)

I just think she's silly if she thinks there's some remote community out there that wouldn't give William back. It's borderline offensive to aboriginal people IMO.

"The community has a health centre, a store, a Ngaanyatjarra Lands school, women’s centre and an art centre. WDNWPT (Purple House) also provides a renal dialysis service from the Health Centre."

Though we know of someone with initials KL, who has direct connections to aboriginal community (and mentioned "art centres" for example) and may have relatives/friends/acquaintances, which are perhaps believing an acceptable fairy tale about a sweet little foster child, who had 2014 urgently to be saved from this and that and whatever. Thoughts only, of course - and one of several possibilities.

Though we know of someone with initials KL, who has direct connections to aboriginal community (and mentioned "art centres" for example) and may have relatives/friends/acquaintances, which are perhaps believing an acceptable fairy tale about a sweet little foster child, who had 2014 urgently to be saved from this and that and whatever. Thoughts only, of course - and one of several possibilities.

Yet i think the possibility is more remote than the communities themselves, sorry :) People (particularly health providers) come and go all the time. Plus many other services. Word of mouth travels well in remote communities - the bush telegraph so to speak (excuse the pun). It could be a sicko keeping him, but a whole community for years? Doesn't quite seem believable...? MOO of course

I found this an interesting read this morning - some things I raised an eyebrow at.
Some good photos. I don't think I realised previously just how close the bush land was to the end of the area under the verandah (secluded area down side of house & what William was hiding under)

I'm thinking back to when the dogs found William's scent but only in Grandma's yard - would those dogs have been able to identify if other scents were detected (other than those expected)
I raised an eyebrow at a lot of things. It just seems to be a summary of lots of articles that have been written about events that occurred that morning. I wonder about the man on the ride on, in the street not knowing something was going on 'til the police were coming up the street. Just can't understand why he wasn't approached by either FP's when they were scouting the perimeter or asking other neighbors if he had seen a small boy? The foster grandmother spotted the two cars from her balcony in the morning? His sister was with him and not inside when it was discovered he was missing? They were expecting a repairman to drop by? It was 11.30 when the FM and AMS saw the neighbor LH? LH shouted out to her kids that morning, even though she has been quoted in other articles that the only kid that should have been on the street that day is hers... and on and on. IMO the article is ####, except that the day in question is going to be looked at again, alot more closely.

I raised an eyebrow at a lot of things. It just seems to be a summary of lots of articles that have been written about events that occurred that morning. I wonder about the man on the ride on, in the street not knowing something was going on 'til the police were coming up the street. Just can't understand why he wasn't approached by either FP's when they were scouting the perimeter or asking other neighbors if he had seen a small boy? The foster grandmother spotted the two cars from her balcony in the morning? His sister was with him and not inside when it was discovered he was missing? They were expecting a repairman to drop by? It was 11.30 when the FM and AMS saw the neighbor LH? LH shouted out to her kids that morning, even though she has been quoted in other articles that the only kid that should have been on the street that day is hers... and on and on. IMO the article is ####, except that the day in question is going to be looked at again, alot more closely.

Candace Sutton again ... she wrote the article.

"Candace Sutton uses her position as a writer for News Limited to write poorly researched and mostly inaccurate stories ..... "
The opinion of a change.org petition called Sack Candace Sutton.

There is also a lot of info here regarding the lead-up to, and conduct of, an inquest:

Coronial matters

How should a coroner prepare for an inquest?

For a coroner, preparation for an inquest is similar to that of an advocate or a litigation lawyer. It involves the following steps:
  • Analysis of the brief and identification of the issues and witnesses to be called. Note that coroners have the latitude to include or exclude witnesses and that latitude should be used to make the inquest as succinct and focussed as possible.

• Consultation with counsel assisting or the police advocate to ensure that all relevant issues have been identified.

• Identification of the need for expert evidence, if this has not been done during the course of the investigation and the obtaining of relevant expert reports.

• Before the inquest begins, it is important to identify persons who may have an interest in the proceedings. Some of these may be, for example, next of kin or statutory authorities or government authorities. Others will be persons of interest. While the term, persons of interest, is not used in the Coroners Act, it is a label applied in practice to those who may be the subject of a referral under s 78 by the coroner to the Director of Public Prosecutions.

• Persons of interest must be notified in writing before the inquest that their interests may be adversely affected by the anticipated evidence and suggesting that they seek legal advice and representation.

• Other persons who may be the subject of criticism should also be notified and advised that it may be in their interests to obtain legal advice and representation.

• Copies of the brief should be sent to interested persons, unless there is a compelling reason not to do so: see Must a coroner release information to a person of interest? at [50-140]. They should be requested to identify any issues that they wish the coroner to consider and to nominate any witnesses they request the coroner to call for examination and to provide reasons for desiring the witness(es) to be called.

• If the matter is of any complexity, a directions hearing is desirable to sort out any interlocutory issues or controversies, to outline, if appropriate, the coroner’s list of issues to the interested parties and to set any ground rules the coroner proposes for the conduct of the hearing: s 49 provides that a coroner may issue case management directions. This will help the coroner estimate the likely length of the hearing.

• In matters in which police officers may be subject to adverse comment, to prevent a perception of conflict of interest between police advocates and the officers under examination, coroners should request that the Crown Solicitor’s Office provide counsel assisting.

• In complex matters, coroners should also consider requesting the assistance of the Crown Solicitor’s Office.

• It is frequently useful for a coroner to conduct an informal view with counsel assisting and the officer in charge to enable him or her to grasp the evidence better. This is not a substitute for a formal view during the inquest which then becomes part of the evidence.

• If the case involves questions of public health or safety, the coroner and counsel assisting should also turn their minds to potential policy issues and recommendations. A list of possible recommendations may be drafted at this stage.

• If recommendations are contemplated, a check should be made with the State Coroners Office and a further check conducted on the National Coronial Information System for recommendations made in similar matters. This can be done through the State Coroner’s Office: see State Coroner’s Circular No 72.

• Subpoenae should be issued for witnesses required and for any further documents not already obtained under a s 53 notice to produce.

• Interpreters should be ordered if required.

• Any necessary or appropriate technology, AVL links, video equipment should be organised.
A knowledgeable friend of mine said that they are sure that there will be a Directions Hearing. This would be worthwhile attending if it’s held in open court, as it’s where any issues will be nutted out. Also attendees will get an idea of what parts of the inquest will be heard in closed court.

William Tyrrell’s dad faces court on charge and violence order

Missing William Tyrrell’s biological father has faced court over an intimidation charge and an apprehended violence order (AVO) taken out by his own family.

Brendan Collins, 36, who has been back behind bars since September faced a charge of stalk and intimidate with intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm against his mother.

Collins, who is estranged from William Tyrrell’s birth mother Karlie Tyrrell, has an interim AVO taken out by police on behalf of his mother Natalie Collins.

William Tyrrell’s dad faces court on charge and violence order

Missing William Tyrrell’s biological father has faced court over an intimidation charge and an apprehended violence order (AVO) taken out by his own family.

Brendan Collins, 36, who has been back behind bars since September faced a charge of stalk and intimidate with intent to cause fear of physical or mental harm against his mother.

Collins, who is estranged from William Tyrrell’s birth mother Karlie Tyrrell, has an interim AVO taken out by police on behalf of his mother Natalie Collins.
Might be a silver lining to this cloud. Once ‘cut loose’, Brendan may finally commit to seeking help. I wish him well.

I just don’t think any community is that remote anymore, and if she thinks so - then she’s probably a little disconnected from reality...
We live in a vast & diverse land in Australia. Beautiful, yet also perhaps complex, to any number of degrees I'd suggest, depending on who's giving judgement.

As a 'bush girl' previously, I understand where her comments are coming from -
Note: not for a minute am I saying that's where William can be found as I put faith in our Police Investigators that they would've been all over any / all of these angles...

Might be a silver lining to this cloud. Once ‘cut loose’, Brendan may finally commit to seeking help. I wish him well.

It's just so sad Bo - as the years have advanced for Brendan, so it seems has his downward decline.

I do take this on personally, in respect of how WE guide & manage in our society ( go back a tad & it would have been managed by the Elders or Chiefs ....)

I'm not an advocate of Youth Jails.

I am an advocate of giving them a real opportunity to explore & find themselves, within the boundaries of genuine care & concern that perhaps they've never previously experienced. .

And yet people 90 mins drive from capital cities struggle with phone & internet connections... that's a whole different platform, and one I'm currently not on ..

I just hope with all my heart that William is being cared for elsewhere.... and I do believe that to be a possibility. Slim for sure, but still has to be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jkn1989