Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article from a while back now, dated Oct. 31, 2014 http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2666642/william-tyrell-how-a-boy-vanished-into-thin-air/

Nothing new, but a few points of interest -

William has a complicated family history and, for legal reasons, his family cannot be identified.
And that, in itself, has started gossip. But there is no history of family conflict. Everyone has been interviewed and the whereabouts of all relatives checked out and verified.

It is not up to detectives to identify a suspect and throw all their resources into getting the brief up on them.
Instead, they meticulously work on excluding suspects. That also means delving into those closer to home.
"It is out of town and out of the way. Who would be driving there on that Friday morning at that time," Superintendent Fehon said.

Another article from a while back now, dated Oct. 31, 2014 http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2666642/william-tyrell-how-a-boy-vanished-into-thin-air/

Nothing new, but a few points of interest -

William has a complicated family history and, for legal reasons, his family cannot be identified.
And that, in itself, has started gossip. But there is no history of family conflict. Everyone has been interviewed and the whereabouts of all relatives checked out and verified.

It is not up to detectives to identify a suspect and throw all their resources into getting the brief up on them.
Instead, they meticulously work on excluding suspects. That also means delving into those closer to home.
"It is out of town and out of the way. Who would be driving there on that Friday morning at that time," Superintendent Fehon said.

Superintendent Fehon almost sounds like he's warning BS "we know you were there and we're coming to get you" or am I reading too much into this?

I'm becoming obsessed with this case and so confused with all of the relatives of WT and BS and wondering what is going on behind the scenes. I check the news every day hoping for a miracle that little William has been found safe and well.

Superintendent Fehon almost sounds like he's warning BS "we know you were there and we're coming to get you" or am I reading too much into this?

I'm becoming obsessed with this case and so confused with all of the relatives of WT and BS and wondering what is going on behind the scenes. I check the news every day hoping for a miracle that little William has been found safe and well.

Same here.
That line really jumped out at me too, a deliberate comment, as if they had narrowed it right down and were honing in on someone.

I still think the police must have something fairly credible on BS. If they have known about him since early on in the investigation and still not cleared him you have to say "why not?" If his alibi was solid for the friday William went missing then he would have been cleared. They must have had enough 'proof' to gain a warrant to search the office/unit where the mattress and computer were, and I can't see them draining a septic tank, raking a fire pit and raiding the house unless they had solid suspicions.

For me the fact that BS has been on their radar, has been looked at and talked to several times before now, and the police have allowed the media off the immensely tight rein that they've had them on somewhat makes me think they are along the right lines.

I think LE know who was most likely and why but don't know the how it all came together.

I've had the hypothetical thoughts as well. It's odd, though. The randomness of a washing machine breaking down and how it could tie in with an elaborate abduction, so well planned that William has managed to stay missing for so long without a trace of evidence? And HOW did Spedding or an accomplice know Wililam would be there?

I know we are not privy to many details, but maybe the machine breaking down wasn't random. Maybe it was playing up for a long time and grandma had contacted Spedding months ago about the machine, but he hadn't been available to come out and look at it (or he needed to give his accomplices enough time to get a plan into place, and to wait for William to be visiting.) Perhaps the day he came out to inspect the machine he scoped out the area for whomever the abductor was.

Neighbours said a walking trail, dubbed the “bush track” by local children, starts at the end of Benaroon Drive, where William disappeared almost four months ago, and leads through the scrubland into the nearby Kendall cemetery.

Supt Paul Fehon, who is one of the leading investigators in the three-year-old’s disappearance, confirmed police had considered the track could be relevant to the case, but so far had not found any evidence to suggest it was used.

It was not the first time the family had visited Kendall, but their visits had become more frequent in recent months after William’s grandfather died earlier in the year.

Locals recalled seeing William and his family at a neighbourhood Christmas event the previous December.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

Yep Im having problems with the grey box as well :tantrum:

That was an early report Soso - that has been corrected - this is the first mention I came across that says they have visited before.

The family had visited Kendall before, with locals recalling seeing them the previous December.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hed-grandmother-s-backyard.html#ixzz3QMnbZWVM

PS: I'm really sick of this grey box that stops me from posting :gaah:

First visit from North Shore - maybe they did not live at north shore last visit?

Was anyone able to find out what sort of cars were taken for forensic analysis?

Regarding the hypothetical situation, what are your thoughts on why WT was taken and not his sister?
Didn't she go inside to the toilet??
So an unfortunate missed opportunity to grab both at the same time as maybe abductor heard someone coming and made a run with just WT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula