DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Persons of interest set to testify
spacer_red.png

spacer_red.png

CAROLINE OVERINGTON
spacer_red.png

The media has been warned against “vilification” of persons of interest called to testify at the William Tyrrell inquest.

New Episode of Nowhere child is out as well. I thought this was a good episode.

Nowhere Child
Interesting info from the memory expert. That answers a lot of the questions about the FFC remembering the cars and details later on. Still no explanation why the info was not released to the public earlier though. That still bothers me. In particular that of the large man in the teal car. I would think if that info was released to the public at the time when there was a huge amount of interest in the case someone would have recognised the description.

Interesting info from the memory expert. That answers a lot of the questions about the FFC remembering the cars and details later on. Still no explanation why the info was not released to the public earlier though. That still bothers me. In particular that of the large man in the teal car. I would think if that info was released to the public at the time when there was a huge amount of interest in the case someone would have recognised the description.

I think that decision about the cars could possibly be mentioned in the coming weeks.

I also enjoyed hearing from Hans Rupp about his investigation in the first few months, and his experience of being a Police Officer.

Last edited:
Yes, I'll find a link for you.

“I can’t think of anyone who would want to harm William. I was asked this question initially by Wendy Hudson (a local police officer) and I suggested (the neighbour) across the road … Wendy assures me that she has checked him out thoroughly,” the foster grandma’s statement, released by the NSW Coroners Court today, reads.

Tyrrell’s foster nan singled out neighbour

In this one, he's been check by the local Police, I'm sure there was something at the Inquest as wel.

Still looking..........
I've been MIA from Webslueths , self imposed ban....so heartwarming to see some old friends still here.....Hello to all my old mates! Also great to see new people joining the crew. I was floored to see Gary facing all this crap, also the new and not so new details emerging from inquest ....stuff we weren't privvy to, and stuff thats old to us. The neighbour has been very interesting since day one....and whilst
i'm satisfied to a point that he's ok, theres a bunch of unanswered stuff still IMO. Someone from our old crew went and checked it all out just weeks after , I cant remember now who ? Puggle?
I am so happy the inquest might , just might , flush someone out.....but without Gary? Well , thats bloody crap.
As you can tell , big Gaz fan, I know he would have solved this , given the freedom.
Shoot me down , I'm happy to wear it. Sometimes policing needs to veer into slightly grey areas. Do whats needed to get the crim. thats the old guard, the old way....what a shame.

Anyway , longer than I meant to waffle, good to see passion is still there. Welcome to all and thanks you clever lot.....he can't be forgotten. I got too involved , stepped away for my own sake, as the rabbit holes were deeper and deeper and deeper still.
much love and deep respect to those who fought hard the whole time.
I hope you all understand I never stopped caring , but it got pretty whacky and crazy back then, my dog Edie died and *advertiser censored* got too much . My son was hit by a car and I sorta lost it ....not looking for any sympathy , just explaining looooooong absence.
Waffle waffle.....good to be back ....I think xxxx

Thank you to everyone updating us on the inquest, I cannot believe that August is already upon us and almost 5 years since William disappeared.

I still feel (and this is MOO) that given that Kendall is such a quiet area and that the street itself is so quiet, I find it really hard to believe that a random stranger came all the way there right at that very moment William was out of sight and snatched him.
I know the officer who testified said that William might be in that 3% abducted by a stranger, but most people on that street were most likely strangers to William, especially at such a young age. He may not remember them from the street parties.
Was it stated whether the street was immediately blocked off? - if not, anyone could have left, especially those from the street without raising initial suspicion.
I just cannot wrap my head around it and just hope he is found.

All MOO.

New Episode of Nowhere child is out as well. I thought this was a good episode.

Nowhere Child
I have to admit to being hooked.....on both podcasts. Caroline being the' big crime name ', but the 10 crew are pretty interesting too...poor William , god I can't believe how long it's been. Both Bio family and foster family must be ...here words fail.......devastated. I never suspected fosters, ever, and it's not because I grew up on Sydneys North shore....a stones throw from them, went to neighbouring school etc.....it's because I believe for right or wrong, they are genuine. William may just be that tiny percent , taken by a stranger. I'm not here to judge, just find the child.....poor darling.

Thank you to everyone updating us on the inquest, I cannot believe that August is already upon us and almost 5 years since William disappeared.

I still feel (and this is MOO) that given that Kendall is such a quiet area and that the street itself is so quiet, I find it really hard to believe that a random stranger came all the way there right at that very moment William was out of sight and snatched him.
I know the officer who testified said that William might be in that 3% abducted by a stranger, but most people on that street were most likely strangers to William, especially at such a young age. He may not remember them from the street parties.
Was it stated whether the street was immediately blocked off? - if not, anyone could have left, especially those from the street without raising initial suspicion.
I just cannot wrap my head around it and just hope he is found.

All MOO.

No, I don't think that the street was immediately blocked off. Not that I have read anywhere.
There are comments in the podcasts about 'mistakes having been made' early on. Such as loads of people tromping over a crime scene .... and, imo, perhaps also not immediately blocking off the street and thoroughly checking every vehicle that entered or left the street.

new interface is weirding me out.......member since 2014 and I obviously dont cope with change ...it's great , it looks amazing, fabulous actually. I'm adjusting , so be patient please!!!

Welcome back! Lovely to see previous members of this thread returning. :)

Thanks SouthAussie!
Was it PS that went missing for 2 hours? Did they say that he had gone missing in the bush area? Or is that not confirmed?
At the end of the day the FFC recalled seeing 2 cars (related or not) and if related then those persons likely had planned to be there (MOO).

Thanks SouthAussie!
Was it PS that went missing for 2 hours? Did they say that he had gone missing in the bush area? Or is that not confirmed?
At the end of the day the FFC recalled seeing 2 cars (related or not) and if related then those persons likely had planned to be there (MOO).

According to a podcast I listened to last night, Savage himself says he got lost in the bush for a couple of hours when he went to look for William. Then he found a backtrack and found his way home.

I think that is what all the inquest (first round) questions are about ... what was he wearing when people saw him (perhaps he changed clothes), did people see him and when.

Presumably, Savage got lost early on ... because we know he was in a line search with his brother in law sometime after 1pm. Possibly he got lost immediately after answering the door and being told William was missing.

According to a podcast I listened to last night, Savage himself says he got lost in the bush for a couple of hours when he went to look for William. Then he found a backtrack and found his way home.

I think that is what all the inquest (first round) questions are about ... what was he wearing when people saw him (perhaps he changed clothes), did people see him and when.

Presumably, Savage got lost early on ... because we know he was in a line search with his brother in law sometime after 1pm. Possibly he got lost immediately after answering the door and being told William was missing.
And he walked everyday, I find this really odd.

Thanks SouthAussie!
At the end of the day the FFC recalled seeing 2 cars (related or not) and if related then those persons likely had planned to be there (MOO).[/QUOTE
And if people were in those cars, they would have had time to observe William running around the lawn playing,maybe they just decided just that morning to abduct him..i have always believed TJ knew Williams story ..

And if people were in those cars, they would have had time to observe William running around the lawn playing,maybe they just decided just that morning to abduct him..i have always believed TJ knew Williams story .

I have to ask where this was stated, I don't remember this being said.

Mr Odpam (spelling) from Ellendale was but I don't remember any other mention of neighbours being SES.

I would have to go way back in the threads, sleep. Perhaps unsuccessfully.
It was spoken of along with his local footy club membership/position yonks ago. Not a current SES member, but was in the SES for a while ... from memory.

Perhaps someone else remembers this also?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow