Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Ruby.

The article says that the BD was not able to question witnesses during the first part of the inquest, in March, because he did not have a lawyer at that time.
It goes on to say that Michelle Swift (BD's legal aid lawyer) said there may be circumstances in which she will need to have a witness recalled to the stand.
It says that it is not clear who she means, but in the first week of the inquest, both sets of parents and SES members appeared.
Coroner has agreed that Michelle Swift has not been around since Day One and she would likely allow new questions for previous witnesses.
The rest of the article talks about the conflicting testimony of Mr Palmer and Mr McInally yesterday. How Mr Palmer reported what he knew to police on 15th June last year.
Mr McInally could not read or write, and had difficulty reading the map that was show on the court screen.

NoCookies | The Australian
Tyrrell parents seek to recall inquest witnesses - Caroline Overington, 12:00AM AUGUST 15, 2019

Will be interesting if he does indeed get to ask questions.

When William first went missing and they searched BS house, didn't the find like an underground maze like dwelling? why is this never spoken of?
I think it was just the foundations of his house were quite high and MSM sensationalised it by saying it was a maze-like dwelling so they could sell more newspapers or get more clicks online.

Do you believe the original story to Mr Palmer? I don't believe any of it--not even that MM noticed a white car on 12 September 2014.

The issue is we have only heard the part that needed to be spoken as evidence. We didn't hear background as to what lead up to the disclosure of that information by MM. As in what they were casually talking about before hand.

Were they discussing Williams disappearance at the time and he disclosed it, were they talking about something entirely different and he just changed subject and came out with it?

Did he accidently let something slip and then was coerced to keep talking.

Was he on drugs at the time? (when he thought he saw the car)

I wonder what the detectives think / believe

So they were already questioning the club back in 2015 before Mick even told his story about the crazy car he saw so there must have been some other reason and connection back them to "someone" at the club IMO

Some of us thought that it was the location of the club premises and their CCTV.
Spedding had to drive by the club to get to Laurieton. It was on the only road to Laurieton from Bonny Hills, as stated by an MSM source at the time.

Last edited:
We always thought that it was the location of the club premises and their CCTV.
Spedding had to drive by the club to get to Laurieton. It was on the only road to Laurieton from Bonny Hills.

And it could still be that too, maybe the CCTV also shows a particular car that also frequents the club that was also seen speeding past the day William vanished...

Hi mposs, what do you think he’d like to ask, or should ask? Just curious, definitely not nit picking. It has me bamboozled as to what he’d like to ask, unless he’s being influenced by others with their agenda, IYKWIM.

I am bamboozled too.... and it only seems to be after this last lot of evidence that it has been mentioned that he would like to ask questions.

Why the BF? Why has he and not the BM requested this?

Does he have the power and right to do this?

As we cannot discuss the Bios (personal details i mean) I cannot refer to much but I am so pleased to see the BF land on his feet and to take this stance (if it is a positive one).

I have to admit as you mentioned, is it influenced by others? Could it be coming from the Bio GM? She has actively spoken out in the media about little William and her son. JMO.

To answer your question I cannot begin to think what he would be wanting to ask at this point, unless there is more that has been heard in closed court if the Bio was there at the time and we were not privy to that information.

The whole town creeps me out and I have never been there. It seems like all the deviants live there.

I spent years there as a kid, It is a beautiful town very close knit.

I think every town has its deviants, Unfortunately this one has been put through the wringer / media so more known than others.

I am bamboozled too.... and it only seems to be after this last lot of evidence that it has been mentioned that he would like to ask questions.

Why the BF? Why has he and not the BM requested this?

Does he have the power and right to do this?

As we cannot discuss the Bios (personal details i mean) I cannot refer to much but I am so pleased to see the BF land on his feet and to take this stance (if it is a positive one).

I have to admit as you mentioned, is it influenced by others? Could it be coming from the Bio GM? She has actively spoken out in the media about little William and her son. JMO.

To answer your question I cannot begin to think what he would be wanting to ask at this point, unless there is more that has been heard in closed court if the Bio was there at the time and we were not privy to that information.

BM has no legal representation at the inquest. I'm not sure that she can ask questions without a lawyer doing it for her.

BD's lawyer can only ask questions of the witnesses if they are new questions.

I don’t think we can judge on tweets from court. I think seeing and hearing ones evidence in person would be a lot different. Seeing their demeanour and reaction first hand . I don’t discount what MM has said, nor what TP has recounted, I don’t think they’d be called up if it wasn’t relevant to Williams case. IMO

BM has no legal representation at the inquest. I'm not sure that she can ask questions without a lawyer doing it for her.

BD's lawyer can only ask questions of the witnesses if they are new questions.
She may have, it’s been very quiet on her front. Is there anything mentioned to support she hasn’t ? I ask this as I’ve not read anything about her or legal council

The public relations campaign behind William’s disappearance is the subject of this week’s episode of Nowhere Child, the podcast series from The Australian about William, a foster child who was three when he went missing from outside a house in Kendall, on the NSW mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

And there was strategic thinking in that. The concept was that if somebody — like a partner of somebody who might have been responsible for William going missing — if they needed to get away from that situation, the initial amount that was mentioned would not be enough.”

The campaign has been highly effective, both in securing the $1m reward, and in keeping William’s name in the news.

The public relations campaign behind William’s disappearance is the subject of this week’s episode of Nowhere Child, the podcast series from The Australian about William, a foster child who was three when he went missing from outside a house in Kendall, on the NSW mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

And there was strategic thinking in that. The concept was that if somebody — like a partner of somebody who might have been responsible for William going missing — if they needed to get away from that situation, the initial amount that was mentioned would not be enough.”

The campaign has been highly effective, both in securing the $1m reward, and in keeping William’s name in the news.

Kudos to the PR firm for doing this for the FP.

More from the same article .... hope springs eternal.

BBM
Mr Jubelin, removed as head of the Tyrrell investigation at the start of the year, agreed to engage with Insight as “he was very much aware of the public sentiment, and the fact that people weren’t coming forward with information’’, Ms Collins said.

“So the key piece that police wanted was people (to) come forward with information, but also, for people who think that he could still be alive, not to automatically assume that he was dead.

“That was really, really important for Gary, because the general public’s perception was — well, we can’t see the face of parents, we can’t, you know, we don’t know anything. He’s probably dead — which was very much not the case in Gary’s eyes.

“I remember Gary saying that: we don’t know. And I know that we couldn’t have done the campaign at that point, had we believed that there was a possibility that William had been killed.”

Just came across this, very interesting i have not heard of this until now. Williams bio parents are seeking to have witnesses recalled to the stand.
Caroline Overington

Thanks, rxume. Your link seems to be a good resource for some of the Australian/Caroline Overington articles that people can't usually access :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member