Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her name was Helen Mary Harrison, there are a few articles out there but can't link as you need a library card
One of the above mentioned articles includes this paragraph (from the SMH Thursday Jan 20 1991 pg 3) " In opposing bail, Sergeant Christie told the court Abbott had a long criminal history, including firearms offences and escaping from custody. He was currently on bail from Dubbo on charges of breaking, entering and stealing after a trial was aborted three months ago."

As revolting and heinous a crime as sexual offending against children is, it seems so unlikely that it would progress to murder.. especially when the offender is elderly. Unless it was an accident... IMO

And did I read William had asthma?

So yes could been an accident...

TBL don’tcha hate freakin’ riddles?

Links, gimme links, I want LINKS!

There is a bit more about the case here....

would talk to him about a girl who had been killed. "He said if I said anything about the ute I was 'ofF ... he would fire-bomb my parents' home." Mr X claimed he was taken by the brothers, a 22-calibre rifle pointed at him, to bush at East Kurrajong where he was forced to push the Holden ute into the Hawkesbury River. "You're now involved in the murder of that girl," Frank Abbott allegedly said. "Which girl?" Mr X asked. "The one I knocked." The informer said Abbott told him the full story of the killing, how he had followed Helen Harrison on her bie from a shop, grabbed her and driven away into the bush where he forced her to have sex. "He showed me a pair of blue panties and said they were hers and he'd killed her and buried her here. He said this was the spot." Mr X alleges that Frank Abbott then said he couldn't afford to take the chance of him talking to police and had decided "to knock fkiill me". He was saved by some fast-talking, telling Abbott that someone else knew about the ute and would talk to police if he disappeared. "He IFrankj went back and had an argument with Les and he was marching backwards and forwards, like he was making up his mind about something. He came over and said, 'You're involved by dumping the ute and that and you'll get the same as 1 will. If you do anything, we'll blow your family's house up with them in it'." The hearing continues todav. “

Will post the link in a minute....

The Sydney Morning Herald from Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on November 26, 1991 · Page 5

Last edited:
There is a bit more about the case here....

would talk to him about a girl who had been killed. "He said if I said anything about the ute I was 'ofF ... he would fire-bomb my parents' home." Mr X claimed he was taken by the brothers, a 22-calibre rifle pointed at him, to bush at East Kurrajong where he was forced to push the Holden ute into the Hawkesbury River. "You're now involved in the murder of that girl," Frank Abbott allegedly said. "Which girl?" Mr X asked. "The one I knocked." The informer said Abbott told him the full story of the killing, how he had followed Helen Harrison on her bie from a shop, grabbed her and driven away into the bush where he forced her to have sex. "He showed me a pair of blue panties and said they were hers and he'd killed her and buried her here. He said this was the spot." Mr X alleges that Frank Abbott then said he couldn't afford to take the chance of him talking to police and had decided "to knock fkiill me". He was saved by some fast-talking, telling Abbott that someone else knew about the ute and would talk to police if he disappeared. "He IFrankj went back and had an argument with Les and he was marching backwards and forwards, like he was making up his mind about something. He came over and said, 'You're involved by dumping the ute and that and you'll get the same as 1 will. If you do anything, we'll blow your family's house up with them in it'." The hearing continues todav. “

Will post the link in a minute....
what the hell..and they couldnt decide ????

case of a man accused of a murder that occurred 26 years ago remained unresolved yesterday after a jury could not reach a unanimous verdict ! Despite 21 hours deliberations over the past four days, the three men and nine women of the jury failed to agree on the guilt or otherwise of Frank Abbott, who had pleaded not guilty to the murder of 17-year-old Helen Mary Harrison in 1968. The three-week trial of Abbott, 53, who is the caretaker of a property near Taree, is believed to be the first to be held so long after the murder it concerned. Miss Harrison, who was a sales assistant at Miller's general store at Pitt Town, near Windsor, disappeared on March 16, 1968, while riding home on her bicycle. Her body was found in a shallow grave in bushland near East Kurrajong, north of Richmond. The Crown alleged during the trial that Abbott had admitted to three people that he had murdered the girl but that they had not told anyone until years later because Abbott had threatened them.

Wouldnt that make him 104 years old? Perhaps his Dad?

Oh gosh... This is awful. I've been hoping that the investigation into FA was just to rule out the involvement of yet another local creeper but this latest allegation is really quite frightening.

And it may well be..... nothing is “signed sealed and delivered” as yet..... but at least it appears the Police are still working on the case and it’s not cold... (if the press can be believed.. and take the sensationalism out of the story..., iykwim?

So the Ten news update said that the property that was searched where Abbot was living in the van was 8km from the FGH. South A have you got this on your map yet that you have been working on?

Wouldnt that make him 104 years old? Perhaps his Dad?

No ... I thought that at first.....
he was 54 in 1994 ...., ( alledged crime was in 1968.... )
So 2019 minus 1994 - 25years
Add 54 plus 25 years - 79 years

I worked it out before I posted .., I have also found evidence of his father at court....

That's correct in 1991 he was 50...So makes him 78 now.

Also I noticed in one of the articles that his lawyer was from Aboriginal Legal Aid and his sister in law name's was Jone's

The case must have dragged on as one article is 1991 and the other is 1994....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024