Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: Please do not reference social media general comments> the wise words of retired policeman ron iddles who believes the answer is always lurking in the original case file......

Almost always, the answers are there to be found – his belief is that the truth is lurking in the original case file.

"I've always said there is someone in the community who knows the answer to just about every unsolved homicide," he says.
https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...-of-the-true-crime-genre-20190121-h1aaet.html

He's talking about cold-case investigations.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW I'm with you, I don't think it's PS either. I do think he saw something and knows something.

If the Police really thought it was PS ..... wouldn’t they have had dogs to suss out his old swimming pool area and have dug the area up by now???
I think he possibly saw something... and may not actually realise the importance of what he witnessed...

My thoughts for what they are worth...

Maybe I just don't want it to be the PS but I just don't see how it fits. There's def something he knows I feel.

I feel he knows something as well. The difficulty being he seems to remember squat. He did not know the relo's were visiting. But he knew his wife had prepared the meal for their arrival. Just the meat in the boiler to sort out.
If he were heading away for a week i just feel that his wife would have packed his bags and waved him off.
He can't recall phoning the X-Ray place at 10:41.
imo

If the Police really thought it was PS ..... wouldn’t they have had dogs to suss out his old swimming pool area and have dug the area up by now???
I think he possibly saw something... and may not actually realise the importance of what he witnessed...

My thoughts for what they are worth...
Yes i think they would have been right on it if they felt PS had anything to do with WT's disappearance like they have with some of the other POI's in this case.
I do feel a bit of empathy for PS in that he lost his partner to cancer and from what i have read a brother of his also died, so he would be grieving and loss can be very debilitating as well especially for an older person who may not have much of a support in place? If he is innocent of any wrongdoing it's cruel to drag him through an Inquest IMO.

He can't recall phoning the X-Ray place at 10:41.
imo

RE: the call to the X-ray place. If PS was the abductor, it doesn’t make sense for him to have called the X-ray place right after he took William, unless he was clever enough to think to make the call and use it as a cover up later. What does make sense to me though, is that PS witnessed something he thought was insignificant, then went about his morning as planned, which included calling the X-ray place. This lends more weight to the theory that he saw something, rather than was the abductor. JMO

ETA: not completely discounting PS as the abductor though. I’m still confused about the types of questions they asked him at the inquest. Unless they were painting him as the abductor to try to pressure him into admitting he saw something? Who knows?

PS has been on the witness stand for a reason, the court was closed for some of his testimony for a reason, most every other witness in the March tranche was asked about PS for a reason, GJ recorded PS for a reason - the question is..........What is the reason?

I don't think they'd drag him through an Inquest for No reason.

yes, i realize, but just thinking they have probably already come across the person who took william and its in their files and im hoping they havent already discounted this person like they did in daniel morecombes case
IMO they probably missed evidence in this case because they didn't treat it as if a crime had happened initially IMO.

PS has been on the witness stand for a reason, the court was closed for some of his testimony for a reason, most every other witness in the March tranche was asked about PS for a reason, GJ recorded PS for a reason - the question is..........What is the reason?

The last recording on the 28th December 2018 at 10:30pm. PS had already sought leave and was organising legal representation. It must have been really significant to the investigation. Jubes is no fool.
imo

IMO as i said he isn't a credible witness though.I gleaned nothing from what he said except confusion LOL.

The last recording on the 28th December 2018 at 10:30pm. PS had already sought leave and was organising legal representation. It must have been really significant to the investigation. Jubes is no fool.
imo
I suppose that was the direction of the call? I can imagine GJ saying, if you think of anything else, night or day, give me a call. And if PS called him at night, and there was no one else handy to witness it, well GJ didn't know what PS might be going to say--whether late night sorrows, drunken ramblings--would it be unreasonable to just hit record?

I suppose that was the direction of the call? I can imagine GJ saying, if you think of anything else, night or day, give me a call. And if PS called him at night, and there was no one else handy to witness it, well GJ didn't know what PS might be going to say--whether late night sorrows, drunken ramblings--would it be unreasonable to just hit record?

I agree JLZ. We don't know who called who and why.

IMO as i said he isn't a credible witness though.I gleaned nothing from what he said except confusion LOL.
He has an interest in and knowledge of cars. He saw a few, mostly the day before William vanished. That could be very useful if those cars turn out to be relevant. The Land Rover, for example, which he mistook for the foster family's. (Why? Did he know FF were coming for the weekend?)

I think whatever it was he saw is crucial evidence. The smoking gun. What the cops need to arrest, get whatever warrants required for surveillance, whatever it might be. I think that's why he's so important.

He has an interest in and knowledge of cars. He saw a few, mostly the day before William vanished. That could be very useful if those cars turn out to be relevant. The Land Rover, for example, which he mistook for the foster family's. (Why? Did he know FF were coming for the weekend?)

Just clarifying, was it proven that the Landrover PS saw wasn't the FF's? Or did he just mistake the model?

The caravan is located bottom left, confirmed with 2 other people that attended inquest and here is a map of the walk PS took that morning.

I'd also like to add that HS was at Bingo that day and she also made a statement to police...was all spoken about at the inquest

I was at the inquest when Mr Savage was questioned and can confirm the caravan was marked on the aerial map in the bottom left corner Curious Critter

He said it arrived late afternoon. By the time FF arrived at 9pm it was well and truly dark. It couldn't possibly have been their car.

Ah I see. Thank you, JLZ. Such a strange thing to say when the car wasn't there yet :confused:

Just to add, like Laura Beacroft, I think Mr Chapman is a credible witness.

I am just not sure about his identification process. If the child was definitely William, if the vehicle was necessarily a Landcruiser.
I am not totally convinced this was a credible sighting.

I can't get past the fact that he didn't immediately report it, knowing he was surrounded by people searching for the child, he just supposedly saw being driven away.

If he is a 'credible' person, why would he wait for officers to come to him?

And why go to a night time social event and 'mention it' [<<<the words he used] to the sister inlaw of an officer?

I just can't put all off that together and see him as a credible person. Now he says he is 100 percent certain that was William. If that is true, why didn't he go to the proper authorities as soon as he was aware it was the missing child?

None of his explanations have sounded reasonable, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje