Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Personally I think there's many eyebrows raised re this person, and as I've said previously, it's interesting the 'silence' that surrounds him.

Maybe he's testified privately ? Maybe he's clear but provided good Intel ??

I trust in our Police investigators.

However - if this stuff has not been covered, there's questions to be answered.
I don't like to be one to cast any suspicion on an uninvolved person.. but it seems that the FGM mentioned this fellow as a possibility for followup, police felt a need to search 3 times within 24 hours (maybe this happened with all of the 21 homes in this area?), the fellow was bothered by the 'heat' and moved away, and we don't really understand yet the reason for why he was cleared, ie no mention of an alibi placing him somewhere else at the time. I remember long ago, rightly or wrongly searching for any info on this fellow, and it was in very short supply. Now I hear that sex offenders' names aren't released to media, so even if he had previous convictions, they may be impossible to find. Causes me to go, hmm.

I remember long ago, rightly or wrongly searching for any info on this fellow, and it was in very short supply. Now I hear that sex offenders' names aren't released to media, so even if he had previous convictions, they may be impossible to find. Causes me to go, hmm.

Now others may understand why there was so much focus on Spedding. Past history, past allegations, are not anything we would know about - but they are things the police and media know about, but cannot mention.

He may have been successful in his lawsuits against media companies that wrongly stated that he was a convicted pedo. But he waited until he made sure he didn't become a convicted pedo before he proceeded with his lawsuits. Maybe indicating that there was doubt in his and his lawyer's minds.

I am not trying to smear him any further here, only trying to offer a level of understanding about what happened with him. imo

Last edited:
We have read before about this clandestine group who help mothers and their children to evade being found. The mothers are escapees from violence and fear/know their children have been abused by the women's partner. But the court still allows the partner unsupervised access.
I guess what strikes a chord with me is that these networks exist and that children can be hidden for years at time.

Now others may understand why there was so much focus on Spedding. Past history, past allegations, are not anything we would know about - but they are things the police and media know about, but cannot mention.

He may have been successful in his lawsuits against media companies that wrongly stated that he was a convicted pedo. But he waited until he made sure he didn't become a convicted pedo before he proceeded with his lawsuits. Maybe indicating that there was doubt in his and his lawyer's minds.

I am not trying to smear him any further here, only trying to offer a level of understanding about what happened with him. imo
Not to mention his alibi was inconsistent, the deleted phone logs were odd, the fact he had been and was due to return to the property at some stage, and that someone very quickly identified him as having an alleged history, made him a very obvious suspect. The plumber finding a t-shirt blocking the drain was also odd. Then of course there was the spiderman toy in the van which was made public much later on. If someone was trying to frame him they did a pretty good job.

I guess what strikes a chord with me is that these networks exist and that children can be hidden for years at time.

While I understand what you are saying, I believe that in this case there might be more concern about a pedo who hides a child away for years and subjects them to horrible abuse - abuse that may even be live streamed on the dark web - than there is concern about a network of caring people who are trying to keep children safe from alleged abuse by a parent.

The children in the 2nd scenario are kept safe and well cared for, the children in the 1st scenario are obviously not.

Judging by the way the foster parents broke down at the relevant point in their published police interview, I think they are very afraid that William was subjected to some horrible abuse after he was abducted. :(

Last edited:
While I understand what you are saying, I believe that in this case there might be more concern about a pedo who hides a child away for years and subjects them to horrible abuse - abuse that may even be live streamed on the dark web - than there is concern about a network of caring people who are trying to keep children safe from alleged abuse by a parent.

The children in the 2nd scenario are kept safe and well cared for, the children in the 1st scenario are obviously not.

Judging by the way the foster parents broke down at the relevant point in their published police interview, I think they are very afraid that William was subjected to some horrible abuse after he was abducted. :(
I totally understand what you are saying too SA... unfortunately there is a very high likelihood when a child goes missing in circumstances like this that pedophillic motivations are at play. I can completely understand why the FF (and everyone else) is concerned.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here, not for the sake of arguing about an unpopular theory but to invite discussion and examination :)

And arguably the networks are in a poor position to investigate the truth of what's been claimed. So if someone presented with William arguing that he needed protection from a pedophilic foster carer, perhaps the networks would believe it and help hide him.

And arguably the networks are in a poor position to investigate the truth of what's been claimed. So if someone presented with William arguing that he needed protection from a pedophilic foster carer, perhaps the networks would believe it and help hide him.

In my mind that's a quite a valid scenario to explain why a woman might be involved in an abduction JLZ. (Linking back to the woman in the fawn 4WD that RC believes he saw with a child resembling William).

I wonder if he will have to wait until the inquest is over and the Coroner's report has been finalised before his case can be heard.
I mean, he is not really absolved of anything yet, is he? And the pressure by the police may be deemed to have been warranted - if it was pressure by the police and not just over excited media - if that is what he is griping about.

Not that I expect his case to be heard in a hurry, anyway.
This initial hearing could well be to see if there is a case to be heard.

Last edited:
In my mind that's a quite a valid scenario to explain why a woman might be involved in an abduction JLZ. (Linking back to the woman in the fawn 4WD that RC believes he saw with a child resembling William).
I think it was one of Cassie's children who eventually outed them all.

I had a brief dream this morning where William approached a police officer or guard, said "I'm William Tyrrell", and the policeman said "No you're not" and hit him on the head with a shoe.

There was the missing (Australian) woman who turned up in (Australian) immigration detention.

I have always believed that since this type of person is hidden this results in their abilities to keep re offending,the more we open up about it talk about the better of we all are.

Not to mention his alibi was inconsistent, the deleted phone logs were odd, the fact he had been and was due to return to the property at some stage, and that someone very quickly identified him as having an alleged history, made him a very obvious suspect. The plumber finding a t-shirt blocking the drain was also odd. Then of course there was the spiderman toy in the van which was made public much later on. If someone was trying to frame him they did a pretty good job.
Alibi was examined at inquest
Logs were not deleted, voicemail calls were
Also a false siting didnt help

I think it was one of Cassie's children who eventually outed them all.

I had a brief dream this morning where William approached a police officer or guard, said "I'm William Tyrrell", and the policeman said "No you're not" and hit him on the head with a shoe.

There was the missing (Australian) woman who turned up in (Australian) immigration detention.
OMG - your dream! You have to analyze your dream, just for yourself! :)

Good example of suppression where victims family want him named. In this case:

“I am informed that in this matter identifying the offender would identify one or other of his victims who are both children.

The Children (Criminal Proceedings) Act prohibits the identification of a child victim of crime. There is an exception where the child is 16 or over, or the court considers it is in the public interest.

Adding in:
So suppression could be at arms length. They may not be related to the victim but either information in the case leads to, or includes evidence of a family related case IMO.

This is an example of 'protect the perpretators' IMO - and the reason why it's so challenging for Victims to come forward / go through with the prosecution .

Quite honestly, most victims want justice, and standing up there & telling their story validates that fact. .. If too young to give permission for that, IMO the perpretrator should still be named (it's not that hard to fill in with 'blanks' )

IMO it's a sad fact that we don't actually do justice to 'our society', nor to our values.

I
This is an example of 'protect the perpretators' IMO - and the reason why it's so challenging for Victims to come forward / go through with the prosecution .

Quite honestly, most victims want justice, and standing up there & telling their story validates that fact. .. If too young to give permission for that, IMO the perpretrator should still be named (it's not that hard to fill in with 'blanks' )

IMO it's a sad fact that we don't actually do justice to 'our society', nor to our values.
I wonder too, as the court process can take a long time, if this is another factor why we don't hear anything or it's hard to join the dots.

Another article stated that an applicaction can be made to remove prior judgements from lawsites and records temporarily so that jury can judge fairly based on the case only.

If you've done the crime and the time I think this is fair game in my opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow