Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #51

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officers spent months interviewing hundreds of the 1140 people living in the mid-north coast town with a list of set questions before making more targeted inquiries with so-called persons of interest.

Police asked about each person's movements on the morning William disappeared, how they learned of his disappearance and whether they, or others in their home, helped in the search, Det Sgt Beacroft said.

Residents were also asked to detail all deliveries and repairs to their home over a one-year period.

During those inquiries, a couple living on Benaroon Drive shared that they'd heard a car going towards the foster grandmother's home and turning around about the time William went missing.

Sharelle and Peter Crabb said they were on their back verandah when heard the car about 10.05am, the inquest was told.

Det Sgt Beacroft said though 150 metres away from the foster grandmother's home, the Crabbs could likely hear a car in the quiet street.

Child in Spiderman suit spotted on day of Tyrrell disappearance

Impossible!
Residents were also asked to detail all deliveries and repairs to their home over a one-year period

13 maybe?
Omg me2... I’ve been looking for last 2 hrs.. nothing...
Some more info to support fact cars could be heard by Crabbs on quiet street:
The Crabbs were on their veranda at the back of the house, but Mr Craddock told the inquest “residents of Benaroon Drive would notice there were cars if there were cars”.

Asked if the street was “very quiet and noise travels”, Sgt Beacroft said Benaroon Drive was “extremely quiet”.

Asked also if she had been “sceptical” abut the Crabbs’ evidence, Sgt Beacroft said she had “done a lot of work with them”, investigating the claim including visiting them at home in June 2016.

It had been a cold day and the windows and doors at 51 Benaroon Drive were closed when Sharelle Crabb said to Sgt Beacroft: “Listen, do you hear anything?”

When Sgt Beacroft did listen, she then “heard the sound of a car coming up Benaroon Drive”, although she hadn’t heard it when Mrs Crabb did “two to three seconds before I did”.

William Tyrrell inquest: Neighbour saw a child wearing a Spider-Man suit

The Crabbs returned from their morning walk around 9:30.. ff frantically searching for a William around 10:35.. See Mrs Crabb outside on her veranda and asks if she has seen a lil boy.. she replies no and offers to help search.. husband peter crabb drives to friends house on Elkendale Cres (a few minutes walk away) to check pool say around 10:40.. Chapman sees car with William 10:45.. then the Crabbs drive to Kew that same day to get keys from neighbour Miller’s family to get keys to Miller’s house.. mmmmm

The Crabbs returned from their morning walk around 9:30.. ff frantically searching for a William around 10:35.. See Mrs Crabb outside on her veranda and asks if she has seen a lil boy.. she replies no and offers to help search.. husband peter crabb drives to friends house on Elkendale Cres (a few minutes walk away) to check pool say around 10:40.. Chapman sees car with William 10:45.. then the Crabbs drive to Kew that same day to get keys from neighbour Miller’s family to get keys to Miller’s house.. mmmmm

Multiple neighbours gave evidence on Tuesday that they saw the "hysterical" foster father running around, screaming the child's name.

"I'm sure if William had been around, he would have come to him," neighbour Sharelle Crabb told the inquest.

Her husband, Peter Crabb, said he "looked in places where a little boy might hide" including driving to a nearby swimming pool but there was "nothing, absolutely nothing".

Tyrrell's foster father searched everywhere

Maybe he did look around a bit before getting into his car.

Multiple neighbours gave evidence on Tuesday that they saw the "hysterical" foster father running around, screaming the child's name.

"I'm sure if William had been around, he would have come to him," neighbour Sharelle Crabb told the inquest.

Her husband, Peter Crabb, said he "looked in places where a little boy might hide" including driving to a nearby swimming pool but there was "nothing, absolutely nothing".

Tyrrell's foster father searched everywhere

Maybe he did look around a bit before getting into his car.
Yes maybe....
any info on owners as per previous disc

Mr Savage, 75, lived nearby and told police he heard children playing on the morning William vanished. William's foster-mother and grandmother were the only other adults to hear the children.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...by-neighbour-court-hears-20200205-p53y0i.html

There is another that said she heard children.

Just before 9am, his foster grandmother had opened the sliding doors on her veranda to look at a kookaburra and noticed two cars parked in the street.
Minutes later, William and his sister were riding their bicycles in the property's driveway, when a car drove past, did a U-turn in a neighbour's driveway and drove off.
Around this time, Judy Wilson, whose property was just metres from William's grandmother's yard, heard the two children playing before she took off to run errands in town.
The house on the block adjoining the other side of the grandmother's yard was also empty, with the neighbour away.

The day William Tyrrell vanished

Maybe it is more about the time PS said he heard the children playing.

A lil off topic but worth a mention..
The disturbing amount of pedophile priests residing in NSW.. some currently serving time and others who have at some stage served time for their horrendous crimes against children.. WTF.. The list is jaw dropping and it continues to rise every year.. these offenders are re offenders.. multiple offfences over years and decades of sickening abuse.. why are these oxygen thieves still living in our communities.. there are so many of them that surely the government can find a remote island off the coast of nowhere to put them on.. no wonder people of today don’t have faith the church.. shall I say the Catholic Church.. it makes you wonder if the priesthood was a calling to them or if they were specifically calling out for it

At the inquest, Beacroft suggests that William may have gone missing from 10:05hrs …. this ties in with "car " heard by the Crabbs …. But none of the other timelines you mention here work with that theory....OMO

My theory being based on ff arriving home around 10:30/10:35 and immediately looking and calling out.. he headed in the direction wt was last playing and that led him straight to Crabbs house.. the crabbs must have left sometime between then and 11 as police had yet to arrive but neighbours were on the alert and looking and arrived back in the street just after 11...
At the inquest, Beacroft suggests that William may have gone missing from 10:05hrs …. this ties in with "car " heard by the Crabbs …. But none of the other timelines you mention here work with that theory....OMO

Jubes you are too good a copper along the lines of DI Frost, Detective Harry Bosch, Inspector Morse - you’re there for the victims and the families - not to climb the ladder. It’s a shame when the high ups are the sycophants, failures and pencil pushers who don’t have your bravery and determination but who can sit in judgement of you. I’m sure you will be vindicated.

So well said .... more than ever today, we need people who are passionately prepared to stand up for what they believe in, and I do happily & thankfully place Jubes in that category.

I do so hope & pray for his valediction / clearance or these charges. A life where he can again be free to examine & provide the necessary knowledge toward solving this awful & inexplicable disappearance of a very little boy - also assisting with support of victims & their families.

Speaking of the Defence - I wonder if they have access to Police recordings. There could be information on those tapes that provides GJ with his reasons of operational needs etc.

I reckon they would have access to a level of recordings made but I do wonder about some of the recordings (and the information related to those recordings) such as anything that was discussed in the closed court sessions. If Jubelin did what he did and in his words he had a lawful right to do so, I would imagine that the defence would need any related recordings to support Jubes actions. Or would transcripts of recordings of sufficient relevant information be only made?

I wish Cleever was still around to answer!

Impossible!
Residents were also asked to detail all deliveries and repairs to their home over a one-year period

I wonder if that included regular visitors / workers such as home visit doctors, aged care home help nurses, massage therapists, anything that was regular or even just visits in the few weeks leading up to of any of the above.

I don’t understand why some of the neighbours have been subject to such intense scrutiny, yet others that seem suspicious to me go right under the radar, and from what we know didnt even appear at the inquest. It seems unfair.
If there is ever an unsolved murder in my street, I’d definitely move.

I don’t understand why some of the neighbours have been subject to such intense scrutiny, yet others that seem suspicious to me go right under the radar, and from what we know didnt even appear at the inquest. It seems unfair.

Do you mean creepy house man? It's hard to know who was on their radar isn't it...? I guess they work outwards. We don't have much info about this guy do we? Didn't he move?

Maybe they all have solid alibis ( is that the right word here ) whilst others have not been able to account for where they were or what they remember or have changed their story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08