Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening all. Been quietly watching on for a while. Might be a wee ramble now... Thanks to everyone for the tweets and court discussions. This is all just tragically sad for William and his family. And also to everyone involved in his case. I do feel like GJ thankfully has taken the charges he’s been given and used this as his chance to not only defend himself but to also then tie that in with what he feels the investigation needs to continue looking at, POIs and strike force planning. And also as a big “I told you so” to the management that’s seen this case derailed and turned in to a fairly ineffective investigation, one that should’ve had more resources, more statements and searches and forensics earlier on. ASAP not years and years down the track. I feel he gave a hint when he said to the court that if he had the evidence he would’ve laid charges. But he didn’t have the
evidence so he couldn’t. Probably just me, but I felt there was more to this statement. Like he knew, but couldn’t prove. And that was made difficult by not being supported by fellow investigators. IMOO
In any regard thanks for discussions and insight on here as always and knowing so many just want William found and justice to prevail is a great thing. For what it’s worth I couldn’t imagine GJ honing in on a suspect for no reason, applying pressure for no reason and becoming blind to other people. He’s too experienced to too hard on himself that he would want the perpetrators/s caught justly and properly to make sure justice is served for William and families.
MOO the someone who knows something or possibly did something regarding William has been investigated and I’m sure (hopeful anyway) they still are! They’ll get you! Only takes 1 piece of the puzzle for it to suddenly all come together. Strength and gratitude to all involved.

We'll have to wait to see what the judge is going to say. It seems to me that the judge will likely address the larger issue, which is the blot on the justice system created by the shameful handling of investigation into the disappearance of WT. Surely revealing to the world that the investigation was shelved because of petty jealousy and officiousness is a terrible shock to all who live in AU. "Nobody cares about that kid," will go into the annuls of AU history.

I predict that GJ will be given a nominal fine, and that the ire of the judge's comments will be a scathing "get your act together" directed to the former head of the NSW police strike force.

There is no proof these words were ever uttered is there.

Sorry, I n
Are you a parent Dragon ? If you’re child was missing would you have this view ?[/QUO
Sorry, I’ll try again.
What has my being a parent got to do with my observations?
A rather personal comment.
Was it meant to be derogatory?

I have not been following this case for many months ( I have been overseas). I have a lot of catching up to do. My initial impression is that Jubelin didn’t have a clue what had happened to William but was desperate to appear to have a suspect when the case went to inquest and he was therefore pressing a vulnerable man with perhaps dementia or mental health problems to confess.
I am also amazed at the close relationship he appears to have formed with the Foster carers. Surely that would be considered as inappropriate/ unethical considering the circumstances of Williams disappearance.

The supportive and professional relationship he developed with the Leveson's was a very significant reason why Matt came home, according to them.
If it weren't for Gary!!

Last edited:
I have not been following this case for many months ( I have been overseas). I have a lot of catching up to do. My initial impression is that Jubelin didn’t have a clue what had happened to William but was desperate to appear to have a suspect when the case went to inquest and he was therefore pressing a vulnerable man with perhaps dementia or mental health problems to confess.
I am also amazed at the close relationship he appears to have formed with the Foster carers. Surely that would be considered as inappropriate/ unethical considering the circumstances of Williams disappearance.

I don't think that Jubelin was desperate to appear to have a suspect. With his experience, he would know that these cases can take years to resolve. In fact, he mentioned this when asked about it in court, and commented that a previous murder case took him 10 years to resolve. He wasn't in a hurry.

Last edited:
If there is no corroborating evidence how can such testimony be accepted in Court? That is what I do not understand. And I really don't understand what the relevance is to the Trial of allegations.

From my very basic understanding - there isn't always corroborating evidence, but from testimony given inferences can be drawn.

I don't need to explain it to you, it is self explanatory IMO. Police can only do so much. The case came to a dead end hence the Inquest. Where were police supposed to go with it after years of finding nothing?

That is understandably not an acceptable explanation for William's family, (bio and foster) and friends, and it should never have been communicated to them in such a way.

William was 3 years old when he disappeared. His age made him an vulnerable person. He had no agency. If there was ever a case where more resources are warranted it is this one.

I don't need to explain it to you, it is self explanatory IMO. Police can only do so much. The case came to a dead end hence the Inquest. Where were police supposed to go with it after years of finding nothing?

That is understandably not an acceptable explanation for William's family, (bio and foster) and friends, and it should never have been communicated to them in such a way.

William was 3 years old when he disappeared. His age made him an vulnerable person. He had no agency. If there was ever a case where more resources are warranted it is this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.dizzydolores