Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #54

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Driver claims to have picked up a known paedophile and William Tyrell from behind a shed | Daily Mail Online

"Ms Okpegbue said that in April last year, Mr Porter had told her at the Uniting Mingaletta facility in Port Macquarie that he had been in a car with William."

So does this mean that they did not come forward straight away to the police? Herons Ck Sawmill was searched Aug last year. They were still hot on PS at the time. It seems that FA has been thrust in the spotlight more so this later stage of the inquest and some searching started in AUG.

Driver claims to have picked up a known paedophile and William Tyrell from behind a shed | Daily Mail Online

"Ms Okpegbue said that in April last year, Mr Porter had told her at the Uniting Mingaletta facility in Port Macquarie that he had been in a car with William."

So does this mean that they did not come forward straight away to the police? Herons Ck Sawmill was searched Aug last year. They were still hot on PS at the time. It seems that FA has been thrust in the spotlight more so this later stage of the inquest and some searching started in AUG.

Whoa, I just caught up. So many interconnecting stories. It really seems like we're getting closer to the truth.

Some thoughts:

- I believe RP was telling the truth on his deathbed. He was dying. He had nothing to lose. and I can't imagine that he'd be in the mood to get caught up in silly games.

- FA and all his bragging about "getting away with murder" and dropping hints about William... it's like he was on a massive ego trip. He thought he was invincible. Imagine being the perp in Australia's biggest missing person case, telling people about it but still not getting caught? There's also a slight chance he may have felt remorse. I've heard of people who say things because subconsciously they want to get caught (as crazy as it sounds.)

- I'm baffled as to how FA could have gotten William to the school on foot. If one of the cars spotted near the FGM's house was involved, why did they take William and the abductor only as far as the school? Maybe they got into a different car at the school to throw police off? E.g. if a witness saw a particular car taking William from the front yard, it would be a different car taking him 300km north? That sounds planned to me, but it could also have been quick thinking.

Yes, I want to know whether those visitors were real, and I imagine if so there would be records. I haven't seen it said that the two friends he mentioned were also the visitors. He seems to be complaining about the visitors but still to be expressing dedication to his best mate.
The court is now being played a recorded phone call between Abbott and Mr Parish from August 12, 2019, while Abbott was in jail.
Mr Parish tells Abbott during the call that his friend Ray Porter had passed away.
RP was living at the Uniting Mingaletta facility for 12 months until his passing. Not sure how long FA was in prison for prior to the phone call he received from MP advising him of RP death. If FA was incarcerated during that time then we can safely say that FA mustn’t have been one of those visitors. However it’s obvious FA has a certain “pull” over the people associates with and certainly instilled a degree of fear so FA may have sent certain “friends” to visit RP to make sure nothing was ever spoken about to anyone

Last edited:

The inquest was underway already, in April 2019. The first sawmill search was 4 months later.
Perhaps some liaising with the Coroner - and investigation of as many details as possible about Abbott's movements, as well as perhaps an interview or two with Abbott - was also required during that 4 months, prior to the August search.

Last edited:
From your link:

The court also heard that Mr Porter only had two friends that he spoke of - one of whom was known as "Frank."

I wonder who was the other, as it seems unclear whether the best mate = FA.

If FA took William directly to the school and then caught a ride 300km north with RP, he couldn't have been having lunch with his daughter and presumably others at a Uniting Church whether Wauchope, Kendall or Herons Creek.
I wonder if his daughter supports his alibi? Even if she does I wonder how much credibility it would be given, assuming the allegations of threats are true? IMO

These are my thoughts today-

The link between FGM and FA is GO, imo. GO has done plumbing and various handyman jobs and he did repair some of the decking at FGM's house. This work would've taken some time, I'm sure he would have entered the house to visit the loo, have a cup of tea or glass of water in the kitchen, he would've seen pictures of the children and parents displayed in the house. FGM may have talked about them and their expected arrival on the 11/12 September.
GO and FA talk about this visit, FA likes to be around children, getting to know them while he 'works' and ingratiates himself with the adults. He intends to turn up and ask FGM if there's a job need doing.
FA gets a lift with RP who says he'll drop him off and pick him up later. They sit in the car for a little while, FA exits and walks up to the track because it's too early to knock on FGM door and RP drives off to do his own errands.
FA remains lurking in the bushes intending to talk to FGM after 10am, he hears the children, starts his walk down and finds WT alone. FA immediately reacts and picks up WT, tucks him under his arm, there's no screaming at this stage, he carries WT up the track, to the shed near the school and waits for RP. And this leads onto RP's account, driving his 'best mate', FA, and a little boy, 300 kms away.
JMO

A refresher of GO's time on the stand.
Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

Aug 23, 2019
Geoffrey Owen has now taken the stand. He lived near Kendall and worked as an electrician.
The court heard he advertised services in the Kendall Chronicle for a range of handyman services in 2014.
The court heard Mr Owen has contact with the foster grandmother about plumbing at her house earlier in 2014 before doing some work at her house.
The court heard he was then contacted by the foster grandmother again to repair some decking on September 8 before attending the house to inspect the decking.
The court heard Mr Owen told police he attended the Kendall Community Centre between 10am and 11am to pay for advertising in the Chronicle the day William disappeared.
Mr Owen is asked about a man he knew named Frank Abbott, who lived in the area. The court heard Abbott was also a “jack of all trades” at the time.
The court heard Mr Owen eventually repaired the decking at the foster grandmother’s house in October 2014 after it was put off because of William’s disappearance.

I wonder if Abbott and Owen had a falling out. I remember in Owen's testimony he made mention of Abbott having to leave the caravan near his place because 'things weren't how they should be' or something like that.
Now we hear that Abbott has been pointing his finger at Geoff Owen.

Crazy. It wasn't there until well after dark.
You don't know nosy neighbours then, ;). Any kind of commotion, excited children, voices, will bring them out to see. It's usually done under the pretense of checking the safety of a woman living alone. :rolleyes: I assume you're talking about PS?

Last edited:
I wonder if Abbott and Owen had a falling out. I remember in Owen's testimony he made mention of Abbott having to leave the caravan near his place because 'things weren't how they should be' or something like that.
And his talk of scrappy work

Notice in the article, counsel assisting coroner asked Ms Okpegbue if RP made a hand signal like dropping something off a boat? She doesn't remember that.
But who advised counsel about this? Does GO own a boat? Does he live near the river?
RP and 'mate' and boy drove 300km nth?!
Ms O said RP was in care for physical issues not cognitive.
Many questions...

300 km north! Does this explain why there were so many Find William signs around the Sunshine Coast region. Also recall the early report of a woman & William lookalike in Brisbane . MOO

These are my thoughts today-FA immediately reacts and picks up WT, tucks him under his arm, there's no screaming at this stage, he carries WT up the track, to the shed near the school and waits for RP. And this leads onto RP's account, driving his 'best mate', FA, and a little boy, 300 kms away.

SBM.

PrimeSuspect - is this the track you're referring to (in yellow?) I thought they were streets at first, but then realised they don't have street names (I'm a little slow, sorry.)

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 22
Do we know anything at all about this Ray? He seems to have been totally under the radar, do we even know how old he was when he died?
Was Ray just the 'driver'? Or up to something more sinister?

If it was William with FA, surely it would've been obvious on the trip up north that something wasn't right.. ?? How could've he have not been suspicious?

300 km north! Does this explain why there were so many Find William signs around the Sunshine Coast region. Also recall the early report of a woman & William lookalike in Brisbane . MOO
If they were travelling along the coast, 300km north of Kendall would be roughly between Grafton and Yamba.

Who knows what happened after that? Maybe he was taken further north?

IIRC the woman and child in Brisbane didn't check out to be WT.

He didn't want to work with FA either. Maybe some bad feelings toward each other too?

When exactly was the decking to FGM porch done? Did she get a quote over the phone as to when he would come and do the job? Or did he visit her home beforehand to give her a quote and make arrangements to do the work at a specific day & time?

also can’t remember which detective said on a podcast - that everything you do is for trial so if it doesn’t pass the test you need more info - they won’t want if throw out.
Was Ray just the 'driver'? Or up to something more sinister?

If it was William with FA, surely it would've been obvious on the trip up north that something wasn't right.. ?? How could've he have not been suspicious?
possibly easy if he pulled the we know your Grandma and she wants us to take you here... experts however it was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77