Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #55

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
madoodi,
It doesn't give a number for the property, no, just leads a reader to believe it's somewhere close to PS's: a detective who goes out to "take a look at where the cameras could be installed" starts by parking on Benaroon Drive and walking through a property owned by "an old bloke called Paul, who is in his 70s" who "hadn't been on his usual morning walk yet".
- Jubelin/Box, I Catch Killers, 2020, ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.269

So sounds like it could be #35, but the #144 Batar Creek Rd boundary is also very close to PS’ lot. Could be either, although given that PS found the camera on his walk and it looks as though he walks very close to the #144 Batar Creek boundary, it looks more likely that they were monitoring #144 Batar Creek JMO

Whoever the hermit is, here's a bit more about him (the first sentence below being the last one in SLouTh's post #779). Quotes from Gary Jubelin & Dan Box, I Catch Killers, 2020, ebook edition:

"Walking inside, my worry deepens when we find what looks like a kind of shrine at the end of the man's bed made out of a photograph of William along with quotes of mine taken from newspapers, saying we'll never give up on trying to find him.
It's one of many disturbing things I've found, carried in the stream of trauma caused by William's disappearance. Talking to the man, however, I suspect he is more guilty of seeking attention than anything actually criminal. He seems lonely - when I go to his home, he doesn't want me to leave. But we put him under surveillance, to be certain."

- ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.269

"In the end, we wrap up our investigation into the hermit, calling him in for a formal interview during which time we search his house covertly, but find no evidence against him."
- ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.270
madoodi,
It doesn't give a number for the property, no, just leads a reader to believe it's somewhere close to PS's: a detective who goes out to "take a look at where the cameras could be installed" starts by parking on Benaroon Drive and walking through a property owned by "an old bloke called Paul, who is in his 70s" who "hadn't been on his usual morning walk yet".
- Jubelin/Box, I Catch Killers, 2020, ch.There's No Death That's a Good Death, p.269
Were they looking to place the camera to monitor the hermit gorilla with the shrine--as opposed to, say, another neighbour of interest? Is that clear from the context? I notice the quotations are from the same two pages.

Interesting quote here BBM:
Neighbour Paul Savage agreed, though he said Benaroon Drive has changed since William's disappearance put the street on the national map.

The foster grandmother sold her house in 2016, but other residents of the once anonymous address have also sold up and moved, Mr Savage told news.com.au.

"We've lost different families," he said, "(but) it still is a safe area.

"We spent a good week or two searching; it was a real community effort.

"The police were excellent in everything they did and they kept it up and kept popping back.

"(But) somebody somehow managed to get him and disappeared down the road.

"I don't know how it happened of course. He's been taken to a place unknown.

"It's something you think about, but you've got to let it go, otherwise you'd go mad."

So not up the hill and into the forest where PS went searching.
Why down the road and not just simply disappeared? No one knew where he went... But then again could just be a comment or saying without much thought to the detail.

IMO

madoodi,

Would be interesting to know where the 'cameras' were installed. Definitely more than one camera, I would say. We are only working from the aspect that Savage found and retained one camera.

There is also the camera on the walking trail where the Spiderman suit was planted, and exactly where was that trail, I wonder.

And perhaps there were other cameras, as well.

Would be interesting to know where the 'cameras' were installed. Definitely more than one camera, I would say. We are only working from the aspect that Savage found and retained one camera.

There is also the camera on the walking trail where the Spiderman suit was planted, and exactly where was that trail, I wonder.

And perhaps there were other cameras, as well.
And what was found on those cameras, if anything...

Yes I’d go along with that, I think he could very well be frightened.
In this article can't PS said he walked 'uphill' to look for WT. Many of us thought it strange he went that way. He also mentions the bush trail he walks everyday...
So which way is uphill?? Does anyone know? I guess not down past Ellendale?
Any thoughts:
The day William Tyrrell vanished
Could he have come across someone on his search and been threatened?

JMO

Yes I agree.
Somehow my gut still tells me PS saw something that morning. Either that he has suppressed or is afraid to divulge. This of course is just MOO.
The day he saw the spiderman suit, he afterwards passed someone else walking his route in the other direction. I'm interested in whether there was anyone he regularly saw, walking the trail in the other direction. Even if not the day of William's disappearance specifically.

Last edited:
In this article can't PS said he walked 'uphill' to look for WT. Many of us thought it strange he went that way. He also mentions the bush trail he walks everyday...
So which way is uphill?? Does anyone know? I guess not down past Ellendale?
Any thoughts:
The day William Tyrrell vanished
Could he have come across someone on his search and been threatened?

JMO
Uphill is past FGM, the Millers and the Crabbs, to where Benaroon Drive becomes a rough track, then curls around and heads south-west towards Kendall Forest.

Yes I agree.
Somehow my gut still tells me PS saw something that morning. Either that he has suppressed or is afraid to divulge. This of course is just MOO.

Yes I’d go along with that, I think he could very well be frightened.
I never got the impression he was frightened or scared, quite the opposite, he appeared to be very jovial, which I found just odd really...........

I never got the impression he was frightened or scared, quite the opposite, he appeared to be very jovial, which I found just odd really...........
Oh that's interesting Dr sleuth. Then in case that I still believe he has seen something or someone and unfortunately is choosing not to speak...
IMO

Uphill is past FGM, the Millers and the Crabbs, to where Benaroon Drive becomes a rough track, then curls around and heads south-west towards Kendall Forest.
Thanks JLZ :) so in the opposite direction to Batar Creek Rd? Or am I getting that wrong? Unless it looks back or there is a trail back.

The day he saw the spiderman suit, he afterwards passed someone else walking his route in the other direction. I'm interested in whether there was anyone he regularly saw, walking the trail in the other direction. Even if not the day of William's disappearance specifically.
That's a really good angle... He walked that walk everyday at more or less the same time so I'm sure he would see any regular walkers...

IMO

Thanks JLZ :) so in the opposite direction to Batar Creek Rd? Or am I getting that wrong? Unless it looks back or there is a trail back.
Yes, so initially north and south-west, then probably south some more, then east to Batar Creek Road, north to Benaroon Drive and home. Kind of a circle. We talked about how large a circle and didn't reach consensus I think. There are several options for roads or tracks from the foresty regions back to Batar Creek Road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME