Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems Laidlaw didn't have to do much at all in WT's case , just turn up to the inquest & sip on his coffees etc. From my observations the other team members did most of the day to day stuff at the inquest. Like wrangling TJ in & out of court, talking to witnesses & preparing them etc

GJ did the brief of evidence for the coroner ( Laidlaw just handed it up ) & got his 2IC Dukes to do a lot of the leg work on the strike force, not a bad gig really, leading into retirement?

He wasn't listed for this week, as I understand, but I was hoping for next friday - maybe that won't happen either.

If not - why tf was he allowed to listen in - or do they plan to arrest him?

Surely if they had evidence to arrest him the inquest would have been called to a halt?
What is the point in investigating the cause of death and giving recommendations to prevent it happening again, if they have a suspect that they are going to arrest on good evidence?

For Pete's sake. So, he got to listen to the whole inquest .. video linked in on our tax dollars .. got to ask questions of witnesses ... on our tax dollars ... and he is not expected to give evidence? At all? Or did he already give it behind closed doors?

Don't forget that the court took a break while he went to the loo. :rolleyes:

No mention of Abbott today, wonder why. Do we think he will testify tomorrow?

If tomorrow is the last day, I would have thought he would take more than a day to give evidence.

The whole Abbott thing is confusing , he was to give evidence the week the inquest was stopped due to covid ( the coroner had to tell him many times that he will get his turn to answer questions etc. )

Has he given evidence in closed court? Is there enough evidence to refer to the DPP? Who knows really...........

Seems Laidlaw didn't have to do much at all in WT's case , just turn up to the inquest & sip on his coffees etc. From my observations the other team members did most of the day to day stuff at the inquest. Like wrangling TJ in & out of court, talking to witnesses & preparing them etc

GJ did the brief of evidence for the coroner ( Laidlaw just handed it up ) & got his 2IC Dukes to do a lot of the leg work on the strike force, not a bad gig really, leading into retirement?

Well, we know why Jubes can't evidence now, don't we? Jubes clearly said in his book that Laidlaw wasn't allowed to speak with him. According to Laidlaw.

That would have gone against Laidlaw's testimony that "he didn't need Jubes help, it was all in their files". The files he has never reviewed. Along with the hours and hours of covert recordings that no-one has ever listened to, to this day.

And no arrest to show they have proved anyone else is guilty of this crime. "We haven't discounted anyone" ... words from Laidlaw's mouth in his testimony.

Don't forget that the court took a break while he went to the loo. :rolleyes:
I remember one day when court finished early ( may have been last day of the last tranche in Taree ) when FA complained about having to wait for someone to come and get him &he asked the Coroner could she let them know they were finished. She replied " Try knocking on the door Mr Abbott" & she just walked out :D

[QUOTE="sleepinoz, post: 16404618, member: 94040"]He wasn't listed for this week, as I understand, but I was hoping for next friday - maybe that won't happen either.

If not - why tf was he allowed to listen in - or do they plan to arrest him?[/QUOTE]

Oh Wow. That’s an interesting thought.

[QUOTE="sleepinoz, post: 16404618, member: 94040"]He wasn't listed for this week, as I understand, but I was hoping for next friday - maybe that won't happen either.

If not - why tf was he allowed to listen in - or do they plan to arrest him?

Oh Wow. That’s an interesting thought.[/QUOTE]
I am hoping there is more going on behind the scenes TGY & that there is a method to this madness!!

Jubes can likely say what he wants to say in I Catch Killers Volume II ... once William's case boxes are filed away on that cold case shelf.

Sorry JLZ, that is a flippant reply. I am truly just frustrated that William's case seems to have landed in no-mans land.
I hope like all heck that Craddock pulls a rabbit out of a hat, but I am thinking that is unlikely. Is this headed for an open verdict?

Yes, perhaps Jubes can submit a written submission to the Coroner that she may read and digest.

And yes, it could be that Abbott will exempt himself. Or just 'not remember' anything much from that time period.
yip its a sad bloody world when a 3 yr old vanishes ,in house fighting..bad memories a lawyer thing im sure...etc etc the list goes on and it all gets put away into a cardboard box without tapes being looked at..and what is with the probing of ground,dosnt anyone use a spade grrrrr and also if the women heard a scream on the 13th didnt ray say he drove Abbot on the 12th ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr