Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all these pedos and criminals have been brought in so that they can be ruled out. They might not necessarily be involved but the police have to show that they covered everything.

Hey Angeline, I do understand your train of thought, however if that’s the case, I’m pretty peeved & expect much more from our Investigators / Police / Law courts / Coroners etc.

After all, it’s my $$, along with those of all my hard working & tax paying fellow Aussies, that covers their wages. They need to be real.

he sounds incredibly lazy

to me too.

I feel that the Inquest questioning left a lot behind ( not the least was Jube’s information, but it seems he was a Man who they were determined not to give any credence to. .. as far up as the Coroner . I wonder : Who did he upset, how come & how badly ?
Also Who is She (coroner) ?)

Those comments, eg ‘no one ruled out ‘ - could have been asked ‘how are you tackling that Det. Laidlaw ?’
i’m gobsmacked that it was acceptable for him to say stuff hadn’t been watched / heard / investigated... not challenged or queried . Perhaps it will be in the long waited Report!

The definition of ‘family’ means there’s a multitude of people in the ‘familia’ ‘tree’.
Sadly it gets sticky when a ‘split’ occurs, and imo, even more sticky when children are involved. Sadly they often become the ‘pawn’. I’m not convinced that William is deceased, but I accept that may just be my wishful thinking.

I just keep praying. The time will come when answers are provided, and we just have to keep looking.
Thanks for being caring people. I’m proud to be with you.

to me too.

I feel that the Inquest questioning left a lot behind ( not the least was Jube’s information, but it seems he was a Man who they were determined not to give any credence to. .. as far up as the Coroner . I wonder : Who did he upset, how come & how badly ?
Also Who is She (coroner) ?)

Those comments, eg ‘no one ruled out ‘ - could have been asked ‘how are you tackling that Det. Laidlaw ?’
i’m gobsmacked that it was acceptable for him to say stuff hadn’t been watched / heard / investigated... not challenged or queried . Perhaps it will be in the long waited Report!
Yes, it's baffling. I pray there's more going on behind the scenes. There was some stuff heard privately early in the inquest IIRC.

The definition of ‘family’ means there’s a multitude of people in the ‘familia’ ‘tree’.
Sadly it gets sticky when a ‘split’ occurs, and imo, even more sticky when children are involved. Sadly they often become the ‘pawn’. I’m not convinced that William is deceased, but I accept that may just be my wishful thinking.
I hope he's alive too, but those hypothetical scenarios don't always have a happy ending (as we've seen too often.) :(

From the inquest testimony by Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw as reported by Caroline Overington, paraphrased by me:

- the police investigation has not ruled out anybody;
- CO: "everything that could have been done to find William had now been done" [though presumably this doesn't mean "done" as in "finished", because the investigation continues];
- police tried to identify every car in the vicinity of Benaroon Drive at the relevant time, using CCTV from Kendall Tennis Club [which in 2014 was on Graham St, Kendall] and footage from cameras on the M1 [the highway running north/south past Kew], and talking to the owners of vehicle number plates;
- police added William's DNA profile (created from his toothbrush) to the Missing Persons database "which performs a continuous, looping search of all available records";
- police lodged photos of William's face (as it was when he went missing, and as it might look today) with international agencies that continually "scan and search facial images across all media — football games and airport terminals, to use some examples";
- police used facial recognition technology to search the Border Force database to see if an Australian passport "has ever been issued featuring the image of a child that might be William", with no result [but presumably William would have needed a passport for the foster family's trip to Bali, so I suppose that didn't count];
- police ordered a tower dump of all mobile phone data from the Telstra, Vodaphone, and Optus towers in and around Kendall on the morning William went missing [for an explanation of tower dumps, here's a good 2014 article by the Sydney Morning Herald];
- the $1 million reward still stands.
[Note: notes in square brackets are by me, stormbird]

A sister's devotion must drive us to find William Tyrrell, The Australian, 09 Oct 2020 (posted earlier by drsleuth, thread 56, post 511)

The Australian doesn't seem to offer sample articles for non-subscribers any more (or not for me) but I was able to access the article via a post on Bring Little Spiderman William Tyrrell Home, a public Facebook page (where posts are visible to non-Facebook members): the post starts: "A DNA profile of William has been created..." and the link has the title "We can't leave this to a 10-year-old to solve".

Last edited:
I've been using the Happyscribe site to read automated transcriptions of the Janine Vaughan (Night Driver) podcasts. I'm not sure of the transcription procedure but it seems some sort of software is used to turn audio into approximate written speech. You can click on individual words and hear the spoken version at that point. I was thinking that using some such software would be an efficient way of processing the recordings of Savage talking to himself. No need to listen to days of nothing in real time.

I've been using the Happyscribe site to read automated transcriptions of the Janine Vaughan (Night Driver) podcasts. I'm not sure of the transcription procedure but it seems some sort of software is used to turn audio into approximate written speech. You can click on individual words and hear the spoken version at that point. I was thinking that using some such software would be an efficient way of processing the recordings of Savage talking to himself. No need to listen to days of nothing in real time.

That sounds like a fabulous idea. Will they consider doing something like this? I think it is so, so important that they review everything properly. Not just say "Oh we don't value what we have heard so far, so let's not listen to the other hundreds of hours".

There is a review here of the HappyScribe types of programs. It sounds as if they are being used as journalists tools.

The best automatic transcription tools for journalists - Poynter

And the law should too. IMO

(Sorry this was in reply to Doc's post above #518)

I think 60 Minutes tomorrow night about online trolling will be worth a watch.

Did you see the 60 Minutes segment? One victim is keeping a spreadsheet, I think he said he has 60,000 trolls names/identities on it.

Another victim took trolls to court, and won.

And an ex-friend of Mark Zuckerberg said he thinks FB lets it continue because they want people to be drawn to and be on FB as much as possible (advertising dollars).

Another expert says "it is making us sick, the more we use it" ... referring to the sick trolls and their vicious practises.

Some high profile people are pushing for social media anonymity to not be an option any more, with a jail sentence at the end of a prosecution.

I can't believe it's all over and it seems there is not much evidence of any significance/credibility. Also not sure of ongoing investigation.
Heart-breaking - poor William and his family.
Does it usually take that long for the coroner to deliver the outcome of an inquest?

I still don't believe what has happened in this inquest. What a schmozzle. :(:mad:

I was reading yesterday - in the paper copy of The Advertiser - about the bombing trial of Domenic Perre (he killed DS Geoffrey Bowen and seriously maimed lawyer Peter Wallis when he blew up Adelaide's NCA building 26 years ago).

Perre is just now going on trial for the murder - it has been attempted before but the Prosecution felt they did not have enough evidence for a successful prosecution at the time. And they had Legal Aid issues. Now they have an informant to assist.

Anyway, the inquest which was held years ago had 19 recommendations from the Coroner that pointed to Perre.

The reason I mention this is because I am hoping that there will be similar recommendations coming from Harriet Grahame. Perhaps from suppressed testimony.

19 (or any substantial amount) recommendations is hard to ignore, and would - hopefully - mean continued investigations.

Court hears of Perre's NCA admissions
Domenic Perre plea over NCA bombing murder charge delayed

Last edited:
I was reading yesterday - in the paper copy of The Advertiser - about the bombing trial of Domenic Perre (he killed DS Geoffrey Bowen and seriously maimed lawyer Peter Wallis when he blew up Adelaide's NCA building 26 years ago).

Perre is just now going on trial for the murder - it has been attempted before but the Prosecution felt they did not have enough evidence for a successful prosecution at the time. And they had Legal Aid issues. Now they have an informant to assist.

Anyway, the inquest which was held years ago had 19 recommendations from the Coroner that pointed to Perre.

The reason I mention this is because I am hoping that there will be similar recommendations coming from Harriet Grahame. Perhaps from suppressed testimony.

19 (or any substantial amount) recommendations is hard to ignore, and would - hopefully - mean continued investigations.

Court hears of Perre's NCA admissions
Domenic Perre plea over NCA bombing murder charge delayed
Hopefully, SA, but I have to say I'm not impressed with the way this inquest has been managed.

Equally, I'm definitely not impressed with the police manageent of it since they got rid of Jubelin.

So unacceptable on so many levels. IMO

Something that I find a little absurd ... nobody is ruled out - which includes Paul Savage - and yet they have no intention to review the hours and hours of unwatched surveillance videos. While simultaneously saying that there could still be info that anybody could be involved.

"We haven't closed a door on anybody," Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw told the inquest.
"There could still be info out there that they could be involved."
No one has been ruled out in William Tyrrell investigation, inquest hears

LiaJHarris
Det Chief Insp Laidlaw told the court there is material in relation to covert surveillance which has not been reviewed. “I made the decision that thus far the material wasn’t providing any evidence that we could utilise... so I made the decision not to continue reviewing that”.
12:48 PM · Oct 7, 2020
I cannot understand why everything wouldn’t be checked thoroughly, especially after six years and no answers. Failure to search, failure to find.
It seems like the focus is on FA but no charges have been laid and Laidlaw has stated nobody is ruled out so it’s very confusing. Although it doesn’t make sense to me, perhaps there is a very good reason Laidlaw made that decision not to review the surveillance, if so he should have been made to explain his reasoning in more detailI. It must've been very frustrating for the families to sit in court and listen to these vague answers.

On another topic after reading Gary Jubelin’s book I believe he has very good instinct about people & crime. One example is the death of Bob Ljubic which is talked about in the book, and how this was initially assessed as a suicide by homicide squad investigators. Gary was adamant this wasn’t the case and made no secret about going over his colleagues to pursue it as a murder investigation. In the end he was correct, and after a complex investigation a murder conviction was eventually secured. This brings me back to Paul Savage and GJ’s strong interest in him, if PS hasn’t been ruled out and the surveillance relates to him every minute of it should be examined IMO.
I really hope the Coroner directs the strike force to go over all the surveillance to ensure nothing is missed there.

I’m just chiming in here, with the intention of keeping William’s memory uppermost in all our minds.

I’m personally - how can I even describe it - ‘horrified, ashamed, appalled, disgusted, disappointed ...’ as I hear of the behaviour that’s permeating our society & those who are praying upon our people.

I’m also shocked & disappointed that after all these years, this has appeared to be somewhat of a farcical Enquiry into William’s disappearance. I feel so much for those close to him & I can’t begin to imagine how they cope. . .to lose a child pushes one so far beyond those realms & I pray for them, for their recovery & for their peace.... also for their answers eventually.

Can’t help but suggest that perhaps our tax-payer funded investigators would do well to decide to look at all the videos at their disposal & check out the cars & people associated.. .. just maybe !

Re the case against a person who earlier this year was charged after allegedly harassing William's foster father in many phone calls over 8 hours: in Dubbo Local Court on Thursday (22 Oct 2020), a magistrate dismissed the charge and ordered the woman to comply with a mental health treatment plan for two years. Her lawyer said she has a delusionary illness, and police accepted there was a link between the longstanding illness and her decision to call William's foster father.

- Information taken from search results because I can't access the article: William Tyrrell foster father caller case closed, Daily Telegraph, 24 Oct 2020

Re the case against a person who earlier this year was charged after allegedly harassing William's foster father in many phone calls over 8 hours: in Dubbo Local Court on Thursday (22 Oct 2020), a magistrate dismissed the charge and ordered the woman to comply with a mental health treatment plan for two years. Her lawyer said she has a delusionary illness, and police accepted there was a link between the longstanding illness and her decision to call William's foster father.

- Information taken from search results because I can't access the article: William Tyrrell foster father caller case closed, Daily Telegraph, 24 Oct 2020
Glad she has the help she may need,always hard with emotions when something horrible happens to a child like William and some go to far,i hope the ones taking pictures etc of Williams sister get some much needed help as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member