Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #56

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this today (about the Yorkshire Ripper who just died from covid), and it made me think of William's case and all those unheard hours of surveillance recordings.

An inquiry held after his conviction said a backlog of case paperwork meant officers were unable to connect vital pieces of information.
Yorkshire Ripper Peter Sutcliffe dies

We’re for Sydney | Daily Telegraph

Michael Guider, Simon Monteiro: The sex offenders in the community
Rising numbers of sex offenders are being released back into the community despite fears they are at a high risk of reoffending. Our investigation uncovers the rapists, paedophiles and molesters living among us.

Latest figures from the NSW Department of Justice show 20 extended supervision orders (ESOs) were issued to high-risk sex and violent offenders in 2018/19, bringing the total number of people being supervised on the orders to 118.

On the Ch7 evening news tonight, they specifically mentioned that the childcare centre is in Port Macquarie.

I'd say this was misreported SA.

According to The Weekend Australian, the daycare centre is in a small town with only two childcare centres.... which doesn't fit with Port Macq. The charges are being heard in Port Macq court house, I think that's the only involvement Port Macq has. Most of the towns mentioned are in the Taree area.

Horrific. This sucks on another level too because things like this make it even harder for men - good men - who work or want to work in the early childhood education and care profession.

if only theyd dedicate a team to listen to and view all the surveliiance footage they have!
Maybe they've checked enough to know that the technical problems make the rest of it completely inaudible?

I'd like to know where they're at with Abbott's movements . . . what has daughter said, or is she refusing to say anything?

thats true, maybe its a big inaudible mess!
if he was taken by one of the local rso's, youd think one of them would talk for the million reward, even if by a family member, especially as theyre usually also the victims of the abuser, youd surely want them put away!
also locals must know where that horrible smell was that fa mentioned, why doesnt someone search there and dig it up?

Did the lawyer for William's birth family ask any questions when GO gave evidence on 06 Oct 2020? She had asked for him to be re-called: see the @LiaJHarris tweet from 18 March 2020. But (as far as I've seen) the news reports about GO's October testimony only talk about questions from Counsel Assisting and the lawyer for the foster family.

thats true, maybe its a big inaudible mess!
if he was taken by one of the local rso's, youd think one of them would talk for the million reward, even if by a family member, especially as theyre usually also the victims of the abuser, youd surely want them put away!
also locals must know where that horrible smell was that fa mentioned, why doesnt someone search there and dig it up?
bearbear,

Just in relation to the smell FA talked about, the owners of the Wauchope shop must have been aware of its location. A tweet from the inquest says they went there:

"She [the shop owner] told the court he [FA] also didn't want to tell police about the smell and they said 'If you're not going to go to the police then shut up about it'. They later took their daughter to show her where [FA] said the smell was."
- @LiaJHarris 12 March 2020 (BBM and my notes in brackets)

But I think it's possible they're talking about something that happened months after William disappeared, maybe not before July 2015, which I think would make it less likely to be relevant to William's case. The shop owner said that FA noticed the smell "on his regular walk home to Logan's Crossing". (@LiaJHarris 12 March 2020)

I think FA only moved to Logans Crossing after GO offered his caravan, which GO did after the Herons Creek pastor "had sought accommodation for [FA] so he could be granted bail", bail which was then granted after the pastor "attended a hearing in Sydney". (Sydney Morning Herald, 16 March 2020)

A list of FA's court dates (drsleuth, thread 46, post 448) shows a Supreme Court Sydney bail hearing on 06 July 2015. If that's the right one then FA only moved to Logans Crossing after that, and the smell he was noticing would have been appearing ten months or more after William went missing.

bearbear,

Just in relation to the smell FA talked about, the owners of the Wauchope shop must have been aware of its location. A tweet from the inquest says they went there:

"She [the shop owner] told the court he [FA] also didn't want to tell police about the smell and they said 'If you're not going to go to the police then shut up about it'. They later took their daughter to show her where [FA] said the smell was."

But I think it's possible they're talking about something that happened months after William disappeared, maybe not before July 2015, which I think would make it less likely to be relevant to William's case. The shop owner said that FA noticed the smell "on his regular walk home to Logan's Crossing". (@LiaJHarris 12 March 2020)

I think FA only moved to Logans Crossing after GO offered his caravan, which GO did after the Herons Creek pastor "had sought accommodation for [FA] so he could be granted bail", bail which was then granted after the pastor "attended a hearing in Sydney". (Sydney Morning Herald, 16 March 2020)

A list of FA's court dates (drsleuth, thread 46, post 448) shows a Supreme Court Sydney bail hearing on 06 July 2015. If that's the right one then FA only moved to Logans Crossing after that, and the smell he was noticing would have been appearing ten months or more after William went missing.

oh ok, thanks for clarifying that stormbird, its always bothered me why nobody local checked it out

Last edited:
As we approach a time of the year that has special meaning for so many (no matter the particular beliefs, it’s a time provided for people to be able to reflect, to acknowledge, to honour & to celebrate ) I continue to think of William.

I hope & pray for his safety & happiness, no matter what the state that may be for him.

As I similarly pray for all those left wondering & grieving. I pray for their strength, for answers, for some opportunity for them to come to a point of understanding & acknowledgement. .. and to be able to celebrate in its entirety, the time they all had with their little boy.

I’m often reminded that the journey we humans travel in our life (rough roads & mountains ahead etc... some we climb, some we fall off ), we’re individuals & unique & (mostly) we all strive to do our very best, with a compassionate & considerate heart.

Yep, I’m sure the Rock Spiders will eventually get their own rewards ... patience is required, since my solution for them doesn’t seem to currently be mainstream / politically acceptable ( castration & nailed to an ants’ nest if you wonder)

And so I send my best wishes to You All at this time. I acknowledge & appreciate all that YOU are & the input you’ve provided.
I thank you for ‘caring’ in my times of honest sharing & I thank you for bearing with me in my long winded posts

bearbear,

Wow - ok - great work Stormbird. Maybe FA is just a ‘look -at- me’ type & that’s why none of this saw the light of day.

I wonder if he was in court to ‘bait’ someone else ? Hope it worked !!

Wow - ok - great work Stormbird. Maybe FA is just a ‘look -at- me’ type & that’s why none of this saw the light of day.

I wonder if he was in court to ‘bait’ someone else ? Hope it worked !!
I got the definite impression that FA was a character, and a 'look at me' type. Also, if he had killed W and placed him wherever, I doubt if he'd be bringing the odor of corpses to the attention of others. Doesn't make sense. It seems to me like he was very interested in the case (as I'm sure were many of the locals), and perhaps his own narcissism led him to believe it must've been someone he knew, etc. He wanted to appear to be 'in the know'. Or something like that. jmo.

Giving evidence in October 2020, the detective leading the investigation, David Laidlaw, said there needs to be a "breakthrough" to solve the case: "That breakthrough of information is what we really need."

The coroner, Harriet Grahame, urged anyone who knows anything to come forward to police: "The reward remains in place," she said. "In my view, there are still people in this community who could assist. Please come forward."

- 'Life will never be the same': Families give statements at William Tyrrell inquest, Sydney Morning Herald, 08 Oct 2020

According to a 2016 link in the article above, the reward is offered to anyone who can tell police where William is. "Unlike other rewards that are contingent on someone being convicted of a crime, the $1 million reward in William's case is for his location."

- William Tyrrell: NSW Government announces $1 million reward for missing boy, Sydney Morning Herald, 12 Sep 2016

Crime Stoppers 1800 333 000

As the days count down into my festive season, I tend to always go into a place of reflection.

And I realise that I’m doing ok ...

I am appreciative of my well-being, also of my memories & the diversity of friends, colleagues & associates who keep me grounded & engaged...(thanks for being part of that)

But I get to thinking of all those that don’t feel ok. .. . and I get lost...

I pray for William & his family members - answers must be forthcoming. ... it’s beyond comprehension that those responsible can laugh in the face of the whole investigative forces in this country!
(Guess they sighed in relief when Gary was thrown out! as much as I wonder what really led to that)

And as much as it seems an oxymoron, I do wish you all happiness, love & safety ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody