Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #57

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried to make some notes about "7News Investigates: The Disappearance of William Tyrrell" in case anyone wanted to see it and can't, but it's hard to condense 1.5 hours (most of which seemed to be ad-breaks). My apologies for leaving most things out and for whatever I've got wrong:

A former FBI profiler and former NSW Police detective, Kris Illingsworth:
- if William had run off he would not have gone much further than the closest 3 or 4 houses;
- William had been told his foster father was on the way home and was running around the corner of the house and down to the lawn near the road and/or near the corner of Benaroon Drive (where there's a right-angle bend in the road) and back up to the corner of the house several times;
- FFC noticed within five minutes that William had gone;
- no one could have predicted William would be there so it must have been a spontaneous crime, not pre-meditated;
- the two parked cars which FFC said she saw are "certainly of interest" (CO said one was white, one was tan); the people in the cars would have had a clear view of William running up and down at the side of the house; and it's not surprising that FFC remembered things later, because shock can confound memories;
- the neighbours who thought they heard the postie vehicle might have heard the crime occur; if so, it shows the offender did not create a commotion and has self control;
- the offender is probably a white Caucasian male in his 40s or older from the local area.
[I'm just trying to report what was said, not agreeing with it.]

Also appearing:
- Reporter Michael Usher (7 News, formerly Sixty Minutes): secrecy around William's foster status made the public sceptical: "There's something they're not telling us!"; the crime is the hardest type to solve: "seen - seized - grabbed - gone".
- Reporter Samantha Crowe (Prime7 News): Kendall locals knew William was in foster care and thought there must be sinister reasons for it not being reported.
- Former Deputy Commission of NSW Police, Nick Kaldas: police had an obligation to initially search for William as a lost child; it was difficult for police to tiptoe around the secrecy laws governing foster care.
- Former Commander, Australian Federal Police, Grant Edwards: it's not possible to generalise about the profile of a paedophile or child-sex offender, they present in different ways and may seem to live a normal life.
- FGM's neighbour, Millicent Jones: has no idea what happened to William; Kendall people feel a sense of sadness.

There was apparently no involvement in the show by any of the parents, bio or foster, except in short clips from old interviews, but bio dad's mum visited Benaroon Drive and spoke up for both William and her son.

Also, there was apparently no involvement by Strike Force Rosann or NSW Police, as far as I could tell.

Next week: an accusation against FA by someone who visited him in jail at the request of police. As Blues Clues (in post 238) suggested, this might be the protected witness who appeared at the inquest in March 2020?

I've tried to make some notes about "7News Investigates: The Disappearance of William Tyrrell" in case anyone wanted to see it and can't, but it's hard to condense 1.5 hours (most of which seemed to be ad-breaks). My apologies for leaving most things out and for whatever I've got wrong:

- if William had run off he would not have gone much further than the closest 3 or 4 houses;
- William had been told his foster father was on the way home and was running around the corner of the house and down to the lawn near the road and/or near the corner of Benaroon Drive (where there's a right-angle bend in the road) and back up to the corner of the house several times;
- no one could have predicted William would be there so it must have been a spontaneous crime, not pre-meditated;
- the two parked cars which FFC said she saw are "certainly of interest" (CO said one was white, one was tan); the people in the cars would have had a clear view of William running up and down at the side of the house; and it's not surprising that FFC remembered things later, because shock can confound memories;
- the neighbours who thought they heard the postie vehicle might have heard the crime occur; if so, it shows the offender did not create a commotion and has self control;
- the offender is probably a white Caucasian male in his 40s or older from the local area.

Also appearing:
- Reporter Michael Usher (7 News, formerly Sixty Minutes): secrecy around William's foster status made the public sceptical: "There's something they're not telling us!"; the crime is the hardest type to solve: "seen - seized - grabbed - gone".
- Reporter Samantha Crowe (Prime7 News): Kendall locals knew William was in foster care and thought there must be sinister reasons for it not being reported.
- Former Deputy Commission of NSW Police, Nick Kaldas: police had an obligation to initially search for William as a lost child; it was difficult for police to tiptoe around the secrecy laws governing foster care.
- Former Commander, Australian Federal Police, Grant Edwards: it's not possible to generalise about the profile of a paedophile or child-sex offender, they present in different ways and may seem to live a normal life.
- FGM's neighbour, Millicent Jones: has no idea what happened to William; Kendall people feel a sense of sadness.

There was apparently no involvement in the show by any of the parents, bio or foster, except in short clips from old interviews, but bio dad's mum visited Benaroon Drive and spoke up for both William and her son.

Also, there was apparently no involvement by Strike Force Rosann or NSW Police, as far as I could tell.

Next week: an accusation against FA by someone who visited him in jail at the request of police. As Blues Clues (in post 238) suggested, this might be the protected witness who appeared at the inquest in March 2020?
Thanks for the summary, sounds like it was pretty disappointing after the big build up.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...r/news-story/a0837b244bb7a68a443beb9a5ea36620

Police on verge of arresting suspect in William Tyrrell mystery: FBI-trained criminal profiler

• Caroline Overington
    Literary Editor
    authors
  • 12:32AM September 20, 2021
An FBI-trained criminal profiler believes NSW police may soon have enough information to make an arrest in the case of missing foster child William Tyrrell.

:rolleyes:

I’m leaning towards the unidentified interviewee on the special being Mickey Blue Eyes, as Slouth mentioned a few weeks ago. There was also speculation at the time of the inquest that the protected witness from the inquest was Mickey Blue Eyes, so it does fit, IMO.

If it’s not him, I think Daniela Parish could resemble the unidentified interviewee, but I’m not sure why she would be blurred now..

Also appearing:

Thank you for taking the time to do this stormbird it is much appreciated. I really hope there is a breakthrough in William’s case and have never given up hope that there will be. I’m so glad William’s case is still being covered by programmes like 7News and so many people including everyone here still cares about him.

it sounded like “steve” visited fa in prison on a covert fact finding mission for police and when he asked fa about his involvement with william, fa replied something like"i only touched him a little bit"

Hey Bear, I wasn’t sure if He was referring to William, I need to go back over it as something was said about ‘12’ & the crimes he’s been involved in over the years.
Also, surely if that comment was about his involvement with William, the cops would been all over him !

I think you'll find he is the protected witness who appeared at the inquest. He is a man FA worked for and assisted police in a covert operation involving Frank Abbott.

as referred to here from the Link you posted earlier

Replying to
@LiaJHarris
The court heard in another phone call Abbott claimed to know “someone who was alleged to be involved in taking Tyrrell” and asked the man to come and visit him so he could tell him the names.
Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
Mar 17, 2020

The court heard the man then visited Abbott in jail, where he handed him “two small pieces of paper” with his handwriting on it. He took the paper to police. The court has not been told what was written on them.

Hi all,
I recall when discussing supervised visits at play centre that bio parents had brought sweets to give to William which were withheld due to the foster parents ensuring William adhered to a strict diet to support a condition he had - ADHD I think it was. From memory, it came via bio grandmother in one of her interviews - it was part of the conversation that her son had also bought William gifts that she believed had not been passed on. Hope I've got the people correct, but definitely recall a bit about him not being allowed lollies.

Was the strict diet of no sweets after he licked all the birthday cake icing of his ‘dirty’ hands ?

as referred to here from the Link you posted earlier

Replying to
@LiaJHarris
The court heard in another phone call Abbott claimed to know “someone who was alleged to be involved in taking Tyrrell” and asked the man to come and visit him so he could tell him the names.
Lia Harris
@LiaJHarris

·
Mar 17, 2020

The court heard the man then visited Abbott in jail, where he handed him “two small pieces of paper” with his handwriting on it. He took the paper to police. The court has not been told what was written on them.
Can anyone remember if this occurred before or after RP ‘s deathbed confession???.

Just thinking if FA knew about the “confession”…. I wouldn’t put it past FA to just write his 2 mates names on the paper…
Ray and Phil…… or to lead Police on a wild goose chase??

iMO

Hey Bear, I wasn’t sure if He was referring to William, I need to go back over it as something was said about ‘12’ & the crimes he’s been involved in over the years.
Also, surely if that comment was about his involvement with William, the cops would been all over him !
oh thank goodness, yes of course, he would have been charged by now if he was referring to little william!

I’m confused (ok, yes, I am a lot of the time ) but seriously, Those Two Cars:

Parked across the road first thing in morning when FM drew the curtains ( yes/ no ? )

Said to be of significance ( I thought the sedan was Grey but now Caroline saying ‘tan’ .. huh ?)

Session last night suggested occupants of those cars had clear line of sight of William each time he came around the house, roaring like a Tiger - the last Roar very loud as if Roaring AT something / someone (said last night on ch 7 & I recall hearing that way back & we were discussing how easy to silence a small child)

Session last night suggested This was ‘unplanned’, simply an opportunistic occurrence

Time of William’s disappearance estimated around 10.30 am - car (thought to be postie) heard around 10.30am

SO - what were those 2 cars doing there first up in morning ?
what caused them to hang around for a few hours for the ‘opportunistic’ sighting of William & subsequent abduction, that they were able to so easily & quickly Plan & Execute so cleanly.

Btw, has anyone read this book ?
https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...n/news-story/e74a26617433f2062ee87722db83025c

Can anyone remember if this occurred before or after RP ‘s deathbed confession???.

Just thinking if FA knew about the “confession”…. I wouldn’t put it past FA to just write his 2 mates names on the paper…
Ray and Phil…… or to lead Police on a wild goose chase??

iMO
I'm fairly certain it was before the confession, will check my notes tomorrow........

Slightly off topic (or not). Following William's story it has always stuck in my mind when certain towns pop up in the news ... one of those towns being Wellington. Certain towns that have been connected to this case seem to just strike me as being a bit of a haven for paedophiles.
Well anyway, on the news tonight I saw a story about a 23yr old babysitter from WA being arrested in connection with crimes against children. He has been charged 200 counts including possessing child exploitation material, sexual penetration of a child, indecently recording and dealing with a child, and encouraging a child to engage in sexual behaviour. The victims were children that he babysat and range in age from 8mths to 9yrs.
When I look at the charges it makes me think that the recording of these acts is to supply said videos to other creeps.
Anyway, I looked up the guy on facebook, and he went to high school in Wellington.

WA court: Babysitter Jareth Thomas Harries-Markham facing 194 child sex charges | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23