Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Courier-Mail‏@couriermail·4m4 minutes ago
Police uncover bones in search for evidence surrounding disappearance of William Tyrell. http://trib.al/5NGWTkN

Isn't that premature and -heartbreaking- to release news of bones found without knowing anything about them? (To clarify i do not mean websleuths). I am really feeling for the family right now. As sad as it is, I hope for quick answers for the family. Heartbreaking. I can't even imagine how I would be able to cope with a missing child. -all my good wishes and prayers to the family, friends, and community-

Isn't that premature and -heartbreaking- to release news of bones found without knowing anything about them? (To clarify i do not mean websleuths). I am really feeling for the family right now. As sad as it is, I hope for quick answers for the family. Heartbreaking. I can't even imagine how I would be able to cope with a missing child. -all my good wishes and prayers to the family, friends, and community-
I agree, it is irresponsible and premature. The poor family! What if it's an old possum?

7 News have also confirmed bones are being examined. I don't want it to be William. :(

I just seen that on the News too :-( It's made me feel sick. Let's pray they are just animal bones.

A family friend of mine recently had a paternal DNA test done and it took 4 days, I am sure police have better availability then a GP.

Channel 7 news have just reported breaking news that bones have been found in the search area, but are not ruling out animal bones.... I hope they are animal...

I hope so too...I guess there's every chance they are given it's thick bushland.

I don't get a good feeling about today's developments :(

I agree in the recent digs for the Lyon sisters they found bones but made no announcement. It was only discovered when a newspaper did a request for the search warrants etc it was revealed. It must be very difficult to keep any discoveries from the media who can be relentless at trying to find out information for news stories. I remember a case here where they flew a news helicopter over remains that had been found and they showed up close video and photos of the child's body.

Doesn't sound good, bones found on day 1 of search in exact area of interest

Police have located a number of bones during a search of dense bushland in relation to the disappearance of three-year-old William Tyrell.

Forensic officers found the bones on Monday afternoon but believe they could belong to a small animal.

"Police located a number of bones and the Forensic Services Group will examine the bones to determine if they are animal or otherwise," a NSW Police spokesman said.

"As with any search like this in bushland it is not unusual to find the remains of numerous animals," police said.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-tyrell-search-bones-found-in-dense-bushland-20150302-13swbn.html

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227243896094

Update: POLICE have uncovered bones in the grim search for evidence surrounding the disappearance of toddler William Tyrell.

The Daily Telegraph can confirm officers from Forensics Services were called in to determine if the remains are animal or human.

A senior police source said the determination could take some time.

The officer in charge of the investigation, Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, arrived at the search site a short time ago and is being briefed by detectives on scene.
Ohhhh......

My opinion - they know exactly what they are looking for and had narrowed down the area. I feel that BS has a false sense of security that he has covered his tracks regarding anything he had to do with it. I may be wrong and judging him too harshly - but there is something unsettling about him - an unnatural calmness? an arrogance? I don't know.... just something...

Surely they'd have some clue if the bones were animal or human and would spare the family if they are animal .. I mean I'm no forensic expert, but I'd have a fair clue if I was looking at animal or human bones unless I was looking at bones from the hands, feet or wrists ..

I agree. If they could be distinguished fairly quickly, why not wait to release that information until it's confirmed?

Yes, I am disgusted. The forest is full of wild animals so it could just be animal bones, but the Daily Telegraph/Murdoch thrives off misery. They were the only paper to disobey orders from the police during the recent siege in Sydney. They have no respect at all.

And regarding the poster who asked if this area had been searched before - no they were only focusing on bushland around Kendall before. This bushland is close to WS.

I don't know if something like this has already posted, but this shows the proximity of WS' place to the current search area.

Untitled.jpg

Surely they would test the bones first before creating such unbearable waiting for the family ? I'm probably wrong as it's not the first this has happened before forensic testing

I agree. If they could be distinguished fairly quickly, why not wait to release that information until it's confirmed?
To make any POIs sweat! They have said WS is a person of interest but NOT the ONLY person of interest. I believe while they are carrying out all these searches they will also have other eyes on POI and be gauging their reactions and behaviours.

Surely they'd have some clue if the bones were animal or human and would spare the family if they are animal .. I mean I'm no forensic expert, but I'd have a fair clue if I was looking at animal or human bones unless I was looking at bones from the hands, feet or wrists ..

My thoughts exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member