Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #64

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you able to supply an exact quote of what was said please because the video in the link supplied showed Bennett speaking for about 1:35 with no media questions. TIA

Well, that is strange. I just rechecked the link and the 20min video is still there, pinned to the top of the article.
Maybe check again, or listen on one of the other links provided.

I grew up in the neighbouring suburb in Sydney ...lived there until moving to Melbourne 12 years ago . House prices are ridiculous , my family home sold last year for over 6 million. Not to my family unfortunately. Residences can be very deceiving from the street in the good old North Shore.
The thought did cross my mind I admit......but then I searched my old street. Just ridiculously unaffordable to most now, no matter how humble they may appear.

They sold the five-bedroom house with a swimming pool where William had lived from early 2012 until his disappearance for more than $4million last year.

The couple have since bought a four-bedroom low rise worth more than $2million.

William Tyrrell: Inside privileged life of foster mother, why she hates Spiderman photo | Daily Mail Online

I am not sure that anyone has speculated about a financial motive, have they?
It has always been known that they were an affluent couple IMO.

Oh some have, there was a wild theory on a previous thread that they’d only gone to Kendall to conduct some type of fraud associated with Granny’s house sale.

If you search ‘ 9 news Australia Live’ on Facebook it will bring up the whole interview.
I thought the police person speaking looked quite uncomfortable when asked about the FM being a POI.

I'd be asking straight out: "Do you deny that the FM is the POI?"

But then, I'm not a member of the media, who already know that police will not deny it because the police 'back channel' told them she is.

BBM - and apparently that was done, not just by 1 lead detective, but by Fehon who was in charge in the early days, and also by Hans Rupp who was in charge of the strike force prior to GJ, then GJ ruled them out. With 3 leaders ruling them out you'd have to admitt that there must have been another reason other than “well she seems nice, so let’s just leave it”. IMO

Well, that’s what I thought too. I was shocked at recent developments. Apparently it wasn’t, I’m sorry to say. It seems each detective who took over assumed the previous detective had properly cleared both parents.

I read what Jubelin said and it only made me more concerned. Particularly, how can nothing incriminating coming from the covertly bugged car be a factor at all if only one person is responsible and the other doesn’t know about it?

There are major discrepancies. Now, I can see those discrepancies. Including one that provides opportunity to dispose of a body. That is HUGE. In fact, the discrepancies are so glaringly obvious to me now, that I cannot believe it has taken seven years. It’s true that in some cases there is indeed a big bad boogeyman. But let’s be real… it’s rare. It’s most often someone close to the person.

It baffles me that there are people who just gloss over the discrepancies. Homicide cases are not football games where you pick a team and barrack for them all the way. It’s not about being right. It’s about getting justice for a little boy who deserves at least that.

You go where the evidence takes you. Laidlaws motto is “assume nothing, check everything”.

All IMO.

Well, the fact that just after the attention to FFC came out, they were charged with assault and the child, presumably WT's older sister removed from their care is not the media's invention.

Yep & those charges are yet to be dealt with in a court of law..........
No one knows the details of the allegations ..............
No one has seen any evidence.............
No pea has been entered...............

Presumption of innocence

The presumption of innocence imposes on the prosecution the burden of proving the charge and guarantees that no guilt can be presumed until the charge has been proved beyond reasonable doubt.

Well, that’s what I thought too. I was shocked at recent developments. Apparently it wasn’t, I’m sorry to say. It seems each detective who took over assumed the previous detective had properly cleared both parents.

I read what Jubelin said and it only made me more concerned. Particularly, how can nothing incriminating coming from the covertly bugged car be a factor at all if only one person is responsible and the other doesn’t know about it?

There are major discrepancies. Now, I can see those discrepancies. Including one that provides opportunity to dispose of a body. That is HUGE. In fact, the discrepancies are so glaringly obvious to me now, that I cannot believe it has taken seven years. It’s true that in some cases there is indeed a big bad boogeyman. But let’s be real… it’s rare. It’s most often someone close to the person.

It baffles me that there are people who just gloss over the discrepancies. Homicide cases are not football games where you pick a team and barrack for them all the way. It’s not about being right. It’s about getting justice for a little boy who deserves at least that.

You go where the evidence takes you. Laidlaws motto is “assume nothing, check everything”.

All IMO.
Totally agree.

Homicide cases are not football games where you pick a team and barrack for them all the way. It’s not about being right. It’s about getting justice for a little boy who deserves at least that.

All IMO.

Well said. The public can do what they like, but the police have to remain skeptical. If nothing is adding up, then get a better calculator (... but in doing that, eliminte dingoes).

Yep & those charges are yet to be dealt with in a court of law..........
No one knows the details of the allegations ..............
No one has seen any evidence.............
No pea has been entered...............

Presumption of innocence

The presumption of innocence imposes on the prosecution the burden of proving the charge and guarantees that no guilt can be presumed until the charge has been proved beyond reasonable doubt.
Charges dont come without supporting evidence....(smoke)....how big is the fire is the question.o_O

moo

That could be because he didn't have a close bond with his bio father?

Have you ever experienced being one of the participants in an 'open' adoption arrangement? I think if you were one of the people involved in the 'triad', as it is called, you might better understand how emotionally complex the situation can be.

here is an excerpt from one article explaining what I mean:

The open adoption experience can vary with every child.
For an adopted child, possible disadvantages of open adoption include:
  • Reduced ability to assimilate into a family– Interaction with the birth family may make it harder for the child to assimilate into the adoptive family.
  • Sense of rejection– If for some reason there is no longer any contact between the birth family and the adoptive family, the adopted child can feel rejected.
  • Peer communications- The adopted child who has on-going interaction with his or her birth family can struggle with the need to explain the various relationships to his peers.
  • Power struggles– The adopted child may try to manipulate the adoptive and the birth family by playing one against the other.
  • Identify confusion– As the child matures, he or she might experience a greater struggle with identity from trying to make sense of family history and genealogy information involving more than one family.
Open Adoption Disadvantages | American Pregnancy Association

William wasn't adopted, he was being cared for by foster carers on behalf of the minister, FFC is not his mother, adoption is very uncommon in Australia, this article feels out of place here and we don't use words like assimilation.

When there's a relationship breakdown between an adult and a parent the onus is on the adult to take steps to connect with self awareness, not blaming the child, or the child's family. Hard to know though as she describes herself to be a very connected parent. I dont think we'll know unless LT grows up and writes a book one day.

All IMO.
In a nutshell. Thank you.

(sorry if already covered) Does anyone here know the proper protocols when it comes to liaisons between the lead investigator and the family of a missing/murdered family member? My understanding is there is supposed to be a buffer to manage boundaries and prevent any kind of emotional overstep that can compromise an investigation. I don't know what the official title of this person is and I'm hoping someone here can help.

My understanding is that there was not one of these people in this particular instance.

Also, did Laidlaw immediately take over when Jubelin was removed from the case, or was there was a lapse? What's the chronology?

February: Jubelin taken off of case.
March: Inquest Part I
May: Jubelin quits the force.
June: Charges laid against Jubelin
August: Inquest Part II

March: Inquest Part III begins and then stops shortly thereafter due to covid.
April: Jubelin convicted on all charges.

Last edited:
In a nutshell. Thank you.

Does anyone here know the proper protocols when it comes to liaisons between the lead investigator and the family of a missing/murdered family member? My understanding is there is supposed to be a buffer to manage boundaries and prevent any kind of emotional overstep that can compromise an investigation. I don't know what the official title of this person is and I'm hoping someone here can help.

My understanding is that there was not one of these people in this particular instance.

My understating is that it's normal practice for a liaison officer to be assigned. That cop is not usually privy to the inner workings of the case, but is expected to watch and listen and report anything thought to be germane.

That said, I get the feeling that, where the lead cop was GJ, the liaison cop may have felt somewhat redundant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper