DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We have a pretty good picture about what happened that day."

That sounds very promising.

moo

I hope that "specific info" isn't a photo of William or something disturbing like that.

Maybe the info has come from police informants (though I, too, have always worried about those reports of looking overseas for William, and have suspected photos). Those pedos are cowardly sick people imo. They would squeal to the police, with enough pressure put on them, and as long as they could say 'it wasn't me, it wasn't me'.

"We have a pretty good picture about what happened that day."

That sounds very promising.

moo

Yes it does, in a very sad sort of way, considering the other news they have released.

Missing three-year-old William Tyrell may have been a victim of a “paedophile ring”, police say.

“One of those lines of inquiry relates to people we suspect being involved in a pedophile ring,” Homicide Squad Commander Mick Willing told reporters on Friday.
(Article says 'expect', detective actually clearly says 'suspect' so I edited. Hopefully the presser will be up soon for others to listen to.)

Able to speak publicly for the first time since William disappeared, his mother wept as she said: “If somebody has him and if he is alive, I want him to be safe. I want him to be feeling loved and I want someone to be looking after him.

“To imagine that something else is going on — we can’t live a life like that,” she said.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-please-love-him/story-e6frg6nf-1227307183705

BBM: Is that the POI????

Oh my goodness. Something told me to see if any updates and the first thing I see is the word pedophile ring. I immediately felt sick. My heart aches more than ever for little William and his family.

Nothing to say the "specific info" is a direct link to WT, though.

Many communities would have one or two oddballs? How many people does it take to make a ring? Two? The word "ring" creates fearful images.

I'm sceptical.

Hoping the police are trying to smoke something or someone out. But if this is a desperate attempt to raise the profile, then it's sad.

Seven news fb page..has video of William riding his bike, such a happy little boy
http://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1010064639017669&id=108878629136279&_rdr

Just gorgeous, hope the answer's and William is found very soon.
e2eb796ca2d66abd4386fc8528372807.jpg

Many communities would have one or two oddballs? How many people does it take to make a ring? Two? The word "ring" creates fearful images.

I'm sceptical.

Hoping the police are trying to smoke something or someone out. But if this is a desperate attempt to raise the profile, then it's sad.

I'm usually sceptical too. Something about this latest press conference seems different though. But I got nothing more than a 'feeling' after seeing the press conference. I think maybe police would say they suspect he was picked up by a pedophile rather than a ring, if it was a matter of raising the profile.

Did you guys ever determine whether it was odd that sex crimes were brought in early? Seems kinda telling with this latest info.

I'm sceptical.

Of course (imo) they are trying to flush someone out. Commander Mick Willing said that quite clearly when he said "If you know something and do not come forward, you may be seen as being complicit".

They have released this info for good reason - perhaps to screw down the nuts and bolts of the situation - because they didn't release it just to update us.

Scepticism noted. :)

When the plea from his parents was released this morning, I did wonder if we would hear more today. When police release information about this case it always seems to be done as part of an orchestrated campaign. "When it rains, it pours". Perhaps the police suggested the parents make the appeal now.

You can tell how very much loved he is in those photos. Heartbreaking to look at while you're hoping for the miracle of all miracles. :(
If there is such a ring, I don't have the words to describe what I hope happens to them. I'm all for free speech and net neutrality but every time there's a ruckus made about censoring the internet in any way, all I can think about is animals like this benefitting from the anonymity. Sorry for the OT and JMO as always.

Did you guys ever determine whether it was odd that sex crimes were brought in early? Seems kinda telling with this latest info.

I think it struck people as odd, but it's not uncommon especially since they were considering the possibility of an abduction early on, even though first thought was him having wandered off.

The fact it was never hidden (the involvement of Sex Crimes), ie wasn't something they were trying to keep quiet, suggests it's not unusual in the case of a child's disappearance.

Maybe it's a clue that they were aware of these types of people operating in the area. Police would obviously know all about that even if the public don't, and as difficult as it may seem to accept, there's good reason for that - these kinds of offenders tend to commit their crimes when under various kinds of strain, be they financial, emotional etc, and so often the Sex Crimes units will be working towards ways of keeping these people 'valuable' members of society who feel welcomed by those around them, as that's when they're least likely to offend. Lynch mobs around every corner don't really help that.

(someone posted it here before but it's a fascinating if difficult read - http://www.theaustralian.com.au/lif...ld-sex-offenders/story-e6frg8h6-1227078787836 )

That's not to say they can be rehabilitated, most can't, and then you have those people who are aware of their urges but actively choose not to pursue them, like that group in the media recently (I can't remember the name they called themselves, 'benevolent paedophiles' or something like that) who have online forums to support each other and keep each other from going down the path they know is wrong and actively choose not to act upon (as their spokesman said, anyone committing these crimes, excepting those extremely mentally ill of course, can still make the distinction between right and wrong and so can choose not to act upon those urges, and that the offenders who say they couldn't help themselves are full of it, etc).

(this isn't the article I mean but it discusses similar individuals, includng a young non-offender trying to fight his urges and seeking whatever help he can, but it also working with researchers to really make a difference with early intervention programs to identify people with such urges before they offend, and hopefully stop them from ever doing so - https://medium.com/matter/youre-16-...e-what-do-you-do-now-e11ce4b88bdb??c=upworthy WARNING - there are some extremely graphic descriptions in this early on, so beware)

I'm glad to see much of this personal info coming to light now, that we'd all discovered a long time ago, but that had been kept from the media (though obviously some of the specifics are still being kept under wraps).

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...ts-make-emotional-plea-for-his-return/6399298

Detective Superintendent Willing would not confirm if William 'Bill' Spedding, a white goods repairman from nearby Bonny Hills, was still a person of interest in the investigation.
Earlier this year police searched the home of Mr Spedding, as well as his Laurieton office, but he was not arrested and no charges were laid.

Well, I guess there is no reason to confirm it, if they are not clearing him.

When the plea from his parents was released this morning, I did wonder if we would hear more today. When police release information about this case it always seems to be done as part of an orchestrated campaign. "When it rains, it pours". Perhaps the police suggested the parents make the appeal now.

Yes, it does seem like a two-pronged approach. And it seems, to me, to be appealing to the sensibilities and compassion of someone(s) who may know that someone close to them may be involved.

People should be very moved by the parents’ pleas, especially if they have watched a loved little one happily grow up.

And people close to a suspected perp should be very aware that they can be arrested and charged for harbouring knowledge and thereby assisting a perp.

Well, I guess there is no reason to confirm it, if they are not clearing him.

That's what I read in his words; if he was cleared, they would say so.

Yes, it does seem like a two-pronged approach. And it seems, to me, to be appealing to the sensibilities and compassion of someone(s) who may know that someone close to them may be involved.

I have zero knowledge of how pedo rings operate, but if he's still alive he must be being looked after by someone. Perhaps trying to appeal to someone's inner good nature, someone who may be looking after WT for the pedophiles? I don't assume the heinous perpetrators themselves are the ones doing the daily care of their kidnapped victims?

From your link Angeline, ty

Police believe the ring was operating in the Kendall area William was taken from.

This reminds me of the little pockets (small townships) up the Sunshine Coast, Qld, where pedo's reside and congregate. Brett Cowan and Douglas Jackaway being two prominent names from a list of many. :mad:
Another country town that I know of is, Armidale. This is such a quaint little town I've travelled through over the years, yet the secret sickness lives within. :cry:

http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/story/825931/six-in-court-over-pedophile-allegations/

http://www.armidaleexpress.com.au/story/2782610/bail-refused-for-paedophile-accused/

JMO

I agree. Those weeks of hearing nothing has amounted to this new information. Not a coincidence that's the parents have finally come forward. It almost makes me wonder if the police feel he's still alive and hoping a plea from his family might finally convince someone to come forward (my opinion only of course)

That's what I read in his words; if he was cleared, they would say so.

I have zero knowledge of how pedo rings operate, but if he's still alive he must be being looked after by someone. Perhaps trying to appeal to someone's inner good nature, someone who may be looking after WT for the pedophiles? I don't assume the heinous perpetrators themselves are the ones doing the daily care of their kidnapped victims?

I think that LE are trying to be very careful here (if BS is still on LE's radar) to not refer to BS and Pedo ring in the same sentence. MOO

Still wondering if anything was found on the computer(s) LE seized....

On Ch7 TV News they just said that the pedo ring is operating in the 'Port Macquarie area'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarleyMahem