Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's arrested, but he's not yet charged. At this point they could still release him without charge. If he's charged then I think it's safe to say the police believe they can get a conviction.

A man named as a person of interest in relation to the disappearance of toddler William Tyrrell has been arrested on Wednesday over unrelated alleged offences.

Whitegoods repairman Bill Spedding will be questioned by police about the alleged sexual assaults of two girls, aged three and six, in 1987 in Sydney.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/bill-sped...ion-on-unrelated-charges-20150422-1mqkeq.html

I just hope William doesn't suffer as a result of this arrest, if he is still alive

Are child sex offenders most likely to have gender/age preferences? (I've never given a huge amount of thought to the subject...I suppose the question could apply to all sex offenders anyway)

Of course that still wouldn't cancel out some sort of involvement in a 'ring', and William being somebody else's "preference".

What is this Mr Cruel thing?

Sadly enough, or sickeningly enough, many chid sex offenders have no gender preference. They just like them young, and innocent. :furious:

Did Homicide make the arrest? or were they just there?

There were 5 officers present. Some may have been from the sex crime unit.

Sadly enough, or sickeningly enough, many chid sex offenders have no gender preference. They just like them young, and innocent. :furious:

There's a reason these grubs are considered lowest of the lows by other prisoners in prison. They get their karma once the cell doors shut

Officers from Strike Force Rosann stressed the arrest did not relate to William's disappearance and investigations into that matter were continuing.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-...ng-boy-william-tyrrell-arrest-nsw-man/6412440

A STRIKE Force including sex crimes investigators has been established following William Tyrell’s disappearance, five days after the three-year-old went missing near Kendall.

Strike Force Rosann is based at Port Macquarie and includes detectives from the Mid-North Coast and Manning-Great Lakes Local Area Command.

But it also includes officers from the State Crime Command and Forensic Services Group, in the strongest sign police are now focusing more on the investigation of how, or why, the little boy disappeared. The State Crime Command, under its Serious Crime Directorate, investigates sex crimes as well as disappearance cases

http://www.portnews.com.au/story/2563297/strike-force-established-in-search-for-william-tyrell/

Remember that statement?
"if you know something you are complicit?"

I think that was directed him but ALSO at others involved in a possible ring.

Oh wow I feel sick. I don't know if this is a positive or negative regarding Williams fate. I do hope it means he has a chance of being alive. But the fact that homicide detectives arrested BS has left me feeling very anxious. I'm hoping that this is a pressure tactic to flush out whomever abducted him and that poor baby is alive and well somewhere.

In one media release it was reported that he was being arrested and expected to be charged over child sex matters that were un-related to the Tyrrell investigation, but through evidence gathered during....

Could their theory of a suspected paedophile ring be related to finding photo "evidence" of these young girls at Bills Business or premises and upon further investigation they have now Identified that there were allegations made against him 28 years ago...and put two and two together....

I know people may think they would arrest him immediately if they found disturbing photos....but I also think it is possible they wouldn't if they thought he may be part of a bigger group... as they would be bugging his home....doing traces etc...hoping he may lead them to others first. Maybe they have arrested him now because they think he has acted alone....

http://https://www.facebook.com/7newssydney/videos/1013281528695980/?fref=nf

There's a reason these grubs are considered lowest of the lows by other prisoners in prison. They get their karma once the cell doors shut

Sadly, most of them don't get their karma, because they put them in protection. Put them in general population, let the mongrels suffer!!!

I notice in this article that another birthday has passed for little William.

Officers from Strike Force Rosann stressed that the arrest was not related to the disappearance of the four-year-old boy, who was three at the time and was last seen wearing a his favourite Spiderman outfit in his grandmother's garden in Kendall on September 12 last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...appearance-William-Tyrrell-arrested-home.html

I notice in this article that another birthday has passed for little William.

Officers from Strike Force Rosann stressed that the arrest was not related to the disappearance of the four-year-old boy, who was three at the time and was last seen wearing a his favourite Spiderman outfit in his grandmother's garden in Kendall on September 12 last year.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...appearance-William-Tyrrell-arrested-home.html

That article is incorrect. Williams birthday is in June.

Ugh. We knew it. :( So, Speddo procured poor little William for some other sicko most likely.

I wish we had an alcatraz here we could ship them all off to.

And if my husband had just been led away by the cops for THAT crime, the last people I would be screaming at would be the media. He'd be lucky if he got to the car without a bat to the head.

I have finally caught up. Thank you to all those who have posted links.

Wow, BS is going down! I knew he was dodgy, and like you said Keyleigh, if I was his wife I would've been yelling at him to eff off, not yelling at the media.

I'm feeling for little William's family, this must be terrible for them.

I'm still hoping with everything in me that William is still alive.

In NSW you cannot just be taken in for questioning, unless you agree to go. If you are arrested then you can be questioned, but there must be a reasonable prospect for a conviction. If you are released without charge after being arrested, then there is the prospect of proceedings for unlawful imprisonment for the police to consider.

In NSW you cannot just be taken in for questioning, unless you agree to go. If you are arrested then you can be questioned, but there must be a reasonable prospect for a conviction. If you are released without charge after being arrested, then there is the prospect of proceedings for unlawful imprisonment for the police to consider.

Right. OK. Thanks for clarifying.

That actually makes things more murky, and I'm now a little less hopeful.

Still, it may mean LE have some questions they want answered, at the very least.

You would think that would be a huge waste of high-level Policing resources. I noticed an Australian criminal lawyer posting earlier in the thread - maybe he or she could shed some light on the fact that one of the State's highest level detectives has made an arrest on a historical allegation that, at the most, would probably attract 3 - 4 years jail if convicted. Gary Jubellin locks away the big players. It's odd.

Here is an entirely possible theory.

BS is not particularly bright or media savvy. He was supposed to go to the grandmother's home on that Friday morning but he did not. He sees the house some time later on TV and says something like "I think I have been there" (although we are only hearing third hand what BS is alleged to have said). Police start questioning him because he was supposed to be in the area in the morning and he just freaks out that he may be implicated and starts deleting phone messages.

The plumber sees a shirt in a pipe and, knowing that BS' name is being thrown around the town (it's a small town and everyone would have known that he had been questioned in the days afterwards), calls police. Man with links to the house, questioned by police in the days afterwards, now has a child's shirt shoved away in the plumbing. That's "reasonable suspicion" that would get a search warrant.

During the search warrant they find evidence of other abuse. So the police don't do anything to water down the media bloodbath against WS because they think that it might lead to information on WT. They don't find any more evidence of a link to WT but they do get enough evidence to arrest him for offences against other children back in 1987. The police have just lucked in on an opportunity to have media focus attention on BS in an attempt to draw out information relating to WT.

BS has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of WT.

I used to be a prosecutor. In my experience, paedophiles tend to stick to the same sex, especially with younger kids. I think it would be very unfair to assume that if he molested a 3 year old girl in 1987 that he is therefore responsible for the disappearance of WT.

Can someone clarify: Do they ever arrest a person without knowing their chance of conviction?

I'm guessing not. Since without expecting a conviction, they'd be safer to just take him in for questioning.

Don't get me started on the number of times I have seen police arresting people when there is absolutely no chance of a conviction. I have seen prosecution (mainly police prosecution) proceed with charges when there is absolutely no chance of a conviction. I act for clients who spend $10,000 on legal fees to get to trial only to have prosecution pull the charges on the day of trial because they have finally looked at the brief of evidence and realised that they have no case. I have acted for clients who have successfully sued the State because their arrest was unlawful.

Here is an entirely possible theory.

BS is not particularly bright or media savvy. He was supposed to go to the grandmother's home on that Friday morning but he did not. He sees the house some time later on TV and says something like "I think I have been there" (although we are only hearing third hand what BS is alleged to have said). Police start questioning him because he was supposed to be in the area in the morning and he just freaks out that he may be implicated and starts deleting phone messages.

The plumber sees a shirt in a pipe and, knowing that BS' name is being thrown around the town (it's a small town and everyone would have known that he had been questioned in the days afterwards), calls police. Man with links to the house, questioned by police in the days afterwards, now has a child's shirt shoved away in the plumbing. That's "reasonable suspicion" that would get a search warrant.

During the search warrant they find evidence of other abuse. So the police don't do anything to water down the media bloodbath against WS because they think that it might lead to information on WT. They don't find any more evidence of a link to WT but they do get enough evidence to arrest him for offences against other children back in 1987. The police have just lucked in on an opportunity to have media focus attention on BS in an attempt to draw out information relating to WT.

BS has absolutely nothing to do with the disappearance of WT.

I used to be a prosecutor. In my experience, paedophiles tend to stick to the same sex, especially with younger kids. I think it would be very unfair to assume that if he molested a 3 year old girl in 1987 that he is therefore responsible for the disappearance of WT.
What makes you certain he had nothing to do with it?

Don't get me started on the number of times I have seen police arresting people when there is absolutely no chance of a conviction. I have seen prosecution (mainly police prosecution) proceed with charges when there is absolutely no chance of a conviction. I act for clients who spend $10,000 on legal fees to get to trial only to have prosecution pull the charges on the day of trial because they have finally looked at the brief of evidence and realised that they have no case. I have acted for clients who have successfully sued the State because their arrest was unlawful.

With all due respect Ksks, you will need to become verified in your profession (what did you say you were?) with Websleuths to impart any professional opinion here. Otherwise you are just like the rest of us. Offering an opinion and not a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne