Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like if the police leaked this they are being underhanded and I don’t like their methods. Be above board and provide information to the public by standing in front of a camera or official media releases.

I’m not jumping on FM guilt just yet. As some have said feels like we have been here before. Having said that, if she is guilty I think she should receive the upper end of sentencing. Sure she may have made a stupid decision in the moment but she had ample time to come clean in the days and weeks following. The pain and distress for so many people has been massive, particularly for bio family. And police have spent how many years.
I also agree the NSW Police need to make a formal statement about this, and a National Press Conference in the morning wouldn’t go astray …. (here’s hoping they can either confirm or deny)

At present, it seems to be Chanel 9 who had the information first … and they state it came from “Police” … very generic …. IMO

Does anyone know why the fm can’t be named? Originally I understood it was because she was a foster carer… as I understand she is no longer a foster carer? Cutious
i was just now wondering the same thing, and will they be named in the dummy bidding case as its not connected to their fostering role?

The whole scenario that William fell off the balcony is preposterous. This theory has so many holes in it. It’s actually embarrassing the nsw pol came to this conclusion. No one’s first instinct is to cover up an accident. You call for help!!
Then you have the unrealistic timeline of her being able to discard the body. While leaving behind no evidence. SMH If someone is in a panic
Do you really think they have the foresight to be some criminal mastermind and covering up what is likely their first crime ever?

NSW Police has recommended the foster mother of William Tyrrell be charged with interfering with a corpse and perverting the course of justice.

Snip

A charge would likely initiate the start of a court proceeding, and a judge or jury would decide if there was enough evidence for a conviction.

Free article:

This is exactly what we have been praying for Slouth. Let justice be served.

No one’s first instinct is to cover up an accident
Absolutely this can be the case. Why pretend otherwise?

People can be selfish and think more about losing their lifestyle and public image.

Also, the police may actually be saying an "accident" as a way to make it easier for the person to partially admit to a more serious felony (not claiming that for this case, but who actually knows at this late stage).

Also, someone may lie for slightly more honourable reasons - like fear of losing custody of other children.

The whole scenario that William fell off the balcony is preposterous. This theory has so many holes in it. It’s actually embarrassing the nsw pol came to this conclusion. No one’s first instinct is to cover up an accident. You call for help!!
Then you have the unrealistic timeline of her being able to discard the body. While leaving behind no evidence. SMH If someone is in a panic
Do you really think they have the foresight to be some criminal mastermind and covering up what is likely their first crime ever?
In answer to your question , all one has to do is DENY DENY DENY ....it happens all day every day all over the world ....cases are always hard to prove because the onus is on the prosecution to prove guilt ..the guilty just deny and shut up ...or add or subtract details to point else where

Many a guilty person still walk free
until they are not ...

Last edited:

You’re mainly right, most people would not try to cover up a genuine accident. But some people might think they have very good reason to. Fear of imprisonment, fear of having other children taken by authorities, covering up previous abuse that would come to light in an autopsy. And once the cover up is done, maybe in a blind panic, you’re then in a very tricky situation where fessing up has more repercussions than telling the truth.

If the Foster Mother really was inside and the Foster Grandmother was outside looking after the kids, the FM may have felt pressured for the sake of the F Grandmother to cover it up. I'm just trying to be kind in my estimation of the original motivation. As time went on and the story grew, I guess she just didn't have the courage to own up. This however is truly criminal. The hounding of other suspects was completely unnecessary, particularly the completely innocent ones. Even the known pedophiles had served their time. Additionally, the pain and suffering that she caused William's biological family is unforgivable. Think of Gary Jubelin basically losing his job due to believing her story and what about the cost and man hours spent pursuing this. If only she came forward after days or weeks, we may have forgiven her but allowing this to go on for so long is really reprehensible behaviour.

For as many people as there are, I think there are that many motivations...

Much comes from where one's head is at at the time....

If she felt she pushed him over (by chasing after him, for instance), she might want to have no one ever find that out.

If she felt, for another instance, people would think her negligent, she may have covered it up to protect her image, both how others see her and how she wants to see herself.

She knew how much the foster father adored Wm. Perhaps she felt she couldn't face him and/or he'd never forgive her for not watching him more closely, for allowing it to happen, in whatever sequence. That could cost her her marriage, her happy-family status, her future fosterability.

If she felt that she'd be deemed unfit and lose her foster daughter, that's huge motivation to cover it up.

If Wm simply disappeared and everyone believed he'd been kidnapped, judgment would be off her....

That's actually a lot of reasons why a person might do that.

Calculated and awful.

Jmo

No one’s first instinct is to cover up an accident

I wouldn't agree with "no one's". I think it would depend significantly on the circumstances.

In this case, the adult carers were foster parents of siblings, and the consequences of being shown to have allowed the accidental death of one of them -- due perhaps to lack of supervision -- would likely be disastrous to their future as foster parents to the surviving sibling, IMO.

i was just now wondering the same thing, and will they be named in the dummy bidding case as its not connected to their fostering role?

IMO, the suppression thing is now ludicrous.

As I have mentioned elsewhere, back in the days of the Costigan Royal Commission (1984) a witness was referred to in the print media by the code name Goanna.

Eventually graffiti began to spring up around Sydney saying:

GOANNA IS KERRY PACKER​

... and of course that was reported, so the code name game was up.

Something similar could well occur in this case, although likely in social media rather than painted on walls, and if so then possibly reported by overseas news media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JmeShu