Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they have submitted a brief to the DPP to see if they can prosecute. They have leaked that info for some reason that we are unable to determine - unless it is police pressure again.
Do we actually know the police leaked ?, isnt it likely the media sifted through the freedom of information act ...around his birthday yesterday .

No, they have submitted a brief to the DPP to see if they can prosecute. They have leaked that info for some reason that we are unable to determine - unless it is police pressure again.

So is it just a wild stab in the dark? I skimmed through some news articles from last year which suggested police think she covered up a fall from the balcony. Do we know where this theory has come from?

(Sorry folks, I know it’s annoying when someone jumps in wanting a summary, but I lost all my watched threads about a year ago and this one just popped up again. I followed it religiously for the first few years!)

So is it just a wild stab in the dark? I skimmed through some news articles from last year which suggested police think she covered up a fall from the balcony. Do we know where this theory has come from?

(Sorry folks, I know it’s annoying when someone jumps in wanting a summary, but I lost all my watched threads about a year ago and this one just popped up again. I followed it religiously for the first few years!)

They halted the coroners inquiry mid stream then appointed a new team to take a fresh look at the case, they honed in on inconsistencies in the FM’s story and started a series of new searches. Since then they have drip fed media, there were also charges of assault against another minor and foster children were removed from the home.

If anyone has more please add, it’s been a lot of related (or unrelated) info.

Jubelin was charged and convicted of making illegal recordings.

And Spedding sued and got a payout.

Do we actually know the police leaked ?, isnt it likely the media sifted through the freedom of information act ...around his birthday yesterday .

The media usually say when they have pursued various filings. They like to let us know how hard they work to dig up info.
I am not sure that a brief such as this (which is basically a question of whether or not to charge, and not a decision) would be covered under the Freedom of Information Act.

But it is possible that someone other than the police leaked the info. Someone who doesn't want their name known. Because I have yet to find an article that says where that info came from.

imo

They halted the coroners inquiry mid stream then appointed a new team to take a fresh look at the case, they honed in on inconsistencies in the FM’s story and started a series of new searches. Since then they have drip fed media, there were also charges of assault against another minor and foster children were removed from the home.

If anyone has more please add, it’s been a lot of related (or unrelated) info.

Also Spedding sued and got a payout.

Thanks, Mrs G. I think I vaguely knew about the other foster child assault claims (down in Syd iirc?) and was about to ask what the crack was with Bill. Dear god, this has been a mess from the off, but what are they up to now? I promise, promise, I’ll try and catch up without derailing the thread!!

No, we don't know where the theory came from. But it has been floated a couple of times. Jubes looked at it way back when (he speaks of it in one of his books) and then a "new team" (which actually still had a couple of the old team on it) floated the theory again.

Thanks, Mrs G. I think I vaguely knew about the other foster child assault claims (down in Syd iirc?) and was about to ask what the crack was with Bill. Dear god, this has been a mess from the off, but what are they up to now? I promise, promise, I’ll try and catch up without derailing the thread!!

Yeah it sure has been a mess, if it turns out FM led everyone on a merry dance there will be huge lessons to learn, and plenty of humble pie to go around.

Yeah it sure has been a mess, if it turns out FM led everyone on a merry dance there will be huge lessons to learn, and plenty of humble pie to go around.

I'm on record here as saying that I have a problem with what the FM said about the events of that morning, and how she said it, and that my BS detector is triggered every time I hear it.

However, good luck to the DPP trying to prove a case against her to a jury's satisfaction beyond reasonable doubt with what they have so far (that we know about, that is).

Aside: if this does proceed to trial, IMO it could very well be as judge alone given the notoriety involved.

NSW Police wrote in a statement on William's birthday, June 26, that the 'determination of strike force detectives has never wavered as they continue to meticulously explore and exhaust every line of inquiry'.

This reads like boilerplate media release material. I have to wonder how many police remain actively attached to Strike Force Rosann. (IMO, after all these years even the term strike force seems to lack potency.)

Well, given tonight's news, I guess we'll soon find out.

I'm on record here as saying that I have a problem with what the FM said about the events of that morning, and how she said it, and that my BS detector is triggered every time I hear it.

However, good luck to the DPP trying to prove a case against her to a jury's satisfaction beyond reasonable doubt with what they have so far (that we know about, that is).

Aside: if this does proceed to trial, IMO it could very well be as judge alone given the notoriety involved.
There has to be more than what we know JB.

My BS detector triggered bad with the "introduction" of the two cars in the street with such vivid detail.

Just one of many.

Its been very frustrating for us can not imagine how difficult it has been for LE to move red flag after red flag into solid evidence.

No, we don't know where the theory came from. But it has been floated a couple of times. Jubes looked at it way back when (he speaks of it in one of his books) and then a "new team" (which actually still had a couple of the old team on it) floated the theory again.
If it was fall from balcony would the charge still be murder?

Lia Harris

Replying to
@LiaJHarris
Police have recommended charges relating to covering up his death, not causing his death. Their theory is he died in an accident. If they do not charge her, the inquest will resume. Police have just released a statement saying “there are no updates in relation to this matter”.

1/2 Police have recently handed their brief of evidence against William Tyrrell’s foster mother to the DPP for consideration. This does not mean she will be charged. The DPP will now decide if there’s enough evidence to charge her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper