Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Extracted from this link and BBM -
JMO - It could be discerned that there is a discrepancy existing between these two statements by the Foster Mother, and may be viewed as a bit slippery:-

“In November 2022, William's foster mother was found not guilty of knowingly giving false or misleading evidence to a secret NSW Crime Commission hearing when she said she did not strike a child with a wooden spoon.”
And
"She has found me not guilty of lying to the crime commission. With this behind me, I hope this means police can focus on finding William and what happened to him."

Extracted from this link and BBM -
JMO - It could be discerned that there is a discrepancy existing between these two statements by the Foster Mother, and may be viewed as a bit slippery:-

“In November 2022, William's foster mother was found not guilty of knowingly giving false or misleading evidence to a secret NSW Crime Commission hearing when she said she did not strike a child with a wooden spoon.”
And
"She has found me not guilty of lying to the crime commission. With this behind me, I hope this means police can focus on finding William and what happened to him."
I appreciated in this article that the journalist made this distinction as opposed to Lia Harris article which didn't. The journalist still could have given a bit more detail so as to outline the circumstances even more accurately. It's entirely up to media to point these discrepencies out, over the foster mother's narrative, something I am afraid they haven't been very good at so far. IMO

William Tyrrell would have been 12 years old today, on the cusp of entering his teens and high school.

Instead, he remains frozen in time — a cheeky three-year-old boy who loved Spider-man and drawing pictures.

In the years since he vanished from the small NSW Mid-North Coast town of Kendall in September 2014, a lot has happened surrounding his case and, at the same time, nothing at all.

Hard to believe we have been on this thread for 8½ years now. And William remains one of the 63 long term missing Aussie kids. Link

Thinking of you on your birthday, William.

I appreciated in this article that the journalist made this distinction as opposed to Lia Harris article which didn't. The journalist still could have given a bit more detail so as to outline the circumstances even more accurately. It's entirely up to media to point these discrepencies out, over the foster mother's narrative, something I am afraid they haven't been very good at so far. IMO
William Tyrrell's foster mother found not guilty of lying to NSW Crime Commission

“The Magistrate said had the foster mother denied hitting and kicking the child "I might have taken a different view".”

https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...n/news-story/33f4659bc26aafdd9e4b05dbd33409c3
BBM - “Ms Moody said the foster mother had made admissions about striking the child on other occasions before denying hitting the child with a spoon.
As well, Ms Moody said that during the crime commission hearing the foster mother was never played the police tapes that were used against her in the Local Court.”

JMO - During that questioning of the Foster Mother about her actions in the alleged assault of the child in her care, she would have had the ‘inkling’ that the NSWCC were already in possession of ‘some evidence’ relating to her ‘style of disciplining’ that child, but was unaware that they may have possessed some evidence about her possible use of a wooden spoon....and because of that, it couldn't be found beyond all reasonable doubt that she was guilty of lying to the Crime Commission.

Edited to bold for clarity.

Last edited:
Hard to believe we have been on this thread for 8½ years now. And William remains one of the 63 long term missing Aussie kids. Link

Thinking of you on your birthday, William.
Just looking at the demographic of these missing children, to my mind, William looks like he is in his own category. A child with a similar profile (approx age) went missing decades ago. Would you know if any kids missing whilst in foster care who are not confirmed as dead would be on public missing persons pages, South Aussie? I only ask as I wonder if there are way more than 60 + cases of unsolved missing kids that we don't ever hear about...

Just looking at the demographic of these missing children, to my mind, William looks like he is in his own category. A child with a similar profile (approx age) went missing decades ago. Would you know if any kids missing whilst in foster care who are not confirmed as dead would be on public missing persons pages, South Aussie? I only ask as I wonder if there are way more than 60 + cases of unsolved missing kids that we don't ever hear about...

I don't know how we can tell if others of the 63 long term missing are foster children or kincare children or adopted children. All of the descriptions under the names (including William's) don't describe their family situation.
There may, or may not, be other children on the list who were not living with their biological parents.

A report was produced by an independent consultant in 2021 for the AFP (using foster-child-identifying data from 2019).

It seems that it is usually runaway youths who go missing in the foster care system, and primarily from residential care/group homes (as opposed to single family homes).
  • All children and young people were located alive
  • Most young people were located within 1-3 days
  • The majority of missing episodes concluded when the young person voluntarily returned to their home or placement
  • Others ended when police/transport officers, or carers, located missing youth
  • There was a notable pattern whereby young people themselves contacted police or carers to return them to their placement, or to advise that they were OK.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH REPORTED MISSING FROM OUT-OF-HOME-CARE IN AUSTRALIA - Dr Kath McFarlane

Last edited:

NSW Police wrote in a statement on William's birthday, June 26, that the 'determination of strike force detectives has never wavered as they continue to meticulously explore and exhaust every line of inquiry'.

This reads like boilerplate media release material. I have to wonder how many police remain actively attached to Strike Force Rosann. (IMO, after all these years even the term strike force seems to lack potency.)

NSW Police wrote in a statement on William's birthday, June 26, that the 'determination of strike force detectives has never wavered as they continue to meticulously explore and exhaust every line of inquiry'.

This reads like boilerplate media release material. I have to wonder how many police remain actively attached to Strike Force Rosann. (IMO, after all these years even the term strike force seems to lack potency.)
I think Detectives would be soon preparing for:
21st July - alleged dummy bid/auction case (in Parramatta court)!

William's case is under the supervision of David Laidlaw, and David Laidlaw is "Detective Chief Inspector David Laidlaw of the NSW Unsolved Homicide Team" .... the NSW Cold Case Dept. Link

Typically, cold case depts trawl old cases looking for new leads, and/or wait until a new lead shows up to advance the case.

I think, a couple of years ago when Jubes wrote his books, there were only 4 people working William's case. (IIRC)

I imagine that since the unsuccessful big dig, that number has been reduced further. There are too many active cases that NSWPOL need the manpower to investigate.

imo

I don't know how we can tell if others of the 63 long term missing are foster children or kincare children or adopted children. All of the descriptions under the names (including William's) don't describe their family situation.
There may, or may not, be other children on the list who were not living with their biological parents.

A report was produced by an independent consultant in 2021 for the AFP (using foster-child-identifying data from 2019).

It seems that it is usually runaway youths who go missing in the foster care system, and primarily from residential care/group homes (as opposed to single family homes).
  • All children and young people were located alive
  • Most young people were located within 1-3 days
  • The majority of missing episodes concluded when the young person voluntarily returned to their home or placement
  • Others ended when police/transport officers, or carers, located missing youth
  • There was a notable pattern whereby young people themselves contacted police or carers to return them to their placement, or to advise that they were OK.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH REPORTED MISSING FROM OUT-OF-HOME-CARE IN AUSTRALIA - Dr Kath McFarlane
Thank you for this information. The profile or criteria I was using was male/3 yrs/missing from property whilst under adult supervision.

9News say the detectives have handed a brief to the DPP with recommendations of charging FFM with Perverting the Course of Justice, and Interfering with a corpse.
The story seems to be an accident occurred, and FFM covered it up.
If there is now enough evidence to lay charges, as they state, then let us hope William can finally be found and laid to rest…..
IMO

JMO but surely this means SOMETHING was found in the search ~18 months ago? All that activity and then we just heard nothing, until now. Perhaps detectives wanted to make sure they got this one right, took their time with forensics and other potential pieces of evidence. Surely you don’t recommend charges based on a hunch or circumstances. Hoping we get to hear what the ‘evidence’ is soon…

JMO but surely this means SOMETHING was found in the search ~18 months ago? All that activity and then we just heard nothing, until now. Perhaps detectives wanted to make sure they got this one right, took their time with forensics and other potential pieces of evidence. Surely you don’t recommend charges based on a hunch or circumstances. Hoping we get to hear what the ‘evidence’ is soon…
I was just thinking … wondering the same thing…… about the search …. I know that forensics can take over 12 months to come back…

I am also keen to hear the actual evidence….
imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member