Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) - #74

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened some time this month (filing of the brief). I wonder how long it takes for the DPP to decide if they have a case.

"9News can reveal detectives handed a brief to the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) this month with evidence against William's foster mother - who cannot be named - recommending she be charged with perverting the course of justice and interfering with a corpse." Link

Why would they be leaking to the press instead of arresting FM? Maybe hoping for a confession?

ABOUT TIME!
Hope Strikeforce Rosann has enough.
Glad they have handed it over.:cool:

Something big happened at the inquest that stopped it in it's tracks.
I'm still sitting on Grandma's boot has Williams DNA.

Lets not count chickens though.....
The dpp didn't wanna charge Chris Dawson not that long ago.........:oops:

If she is charged you have to wonder if the detectives will offer a deal, no or less jail time if she leads them to where his remains are.
I would think offering her no jail time would be asking for vigilante justice, worse than she would see in jail. This case has reached a lot of people, her identity though not released is publicly available and widely known. If they prove with evidence she was responsible, the safest thing would be to send her to jail for a few years so people at least feel some justice has been done. Jmo.

Why would they be leaking to the press instead of arresting FM? Maybe hoping for a confession?
I also wondered about the reason for media knowing and broadcasting this info …. I wondered if the Police were possibly charging her tonight? If perhaps, the FM was taken to the Police Station late this afternoon???
JMO

I also wondered about the reason for media knowing and broadcasting this info …. I wondered if the Police were possibly charging her tonight? If perhaps, the FM was taken to the Police Station late this afternoon???
JMO
Yes, maybe the Foster Mother was taken to the Police Station this afternoon.
JMO - it goes without saying that the Police will be keeping close tabs her.

Last edited:
JMO

It doesn't make sense. Charge her and tell us.

Since when did the police mess around and (essentially) say "well, we presented a brief to the DPP this month. We are waiting for an answer"?

I can't make this "leak" action fit into anything we have previously experienced, in any cases.

I so hope this will finally give little William a voice. Just admit to the truth of what actually happened to him. Give him the dignity he deserves .

One reason why people don't admit to things is because they didn't do it. I think it is time for the police to show their cards. Because if this is yet another pressure tactic, it is failing everyone.

The now-58-year-old woman has always denied any involvement in the little boy's disappearance.
It remains up to the DPP to give advice on whether the woman should go before a court.
There is no suggestion of guilt and any charge would simply be the start of the legal process.
A judge or jury would need to decide whether the evidence was sufficient to prove any charges. Link

Hope Strikeforce Rosann has enough.
Glad they have handed it over.:cool:
When the NSWCC was first involved, I do remember reading that one of their roles was to “test the evidence”, to look at all of the evidence in a big case to see if they have enough to prosecute or not?

So I am guessing that the “evidence” has gone to the DPP, after this review process by NSWCC has occurred … This does give me hope that they are on the right track this time….

JMO

It doesn't make sense. Charge her and tell us.

Since when did the police mess around and (essentially) say "well, we presented a brief to the DPP this month. We are waiting for an answer"?

I can't make this "leak" action fit into anything we have previously experienced, in any cases.
Call me sceptical, but I firmly believe we are fed “Police / Media” strategies in many Aussie cases …. We are only hearing what the Police want us to know, in most cases ….

As for a strategy behind this particular info??? Only time will tell I guess….

JMO

I don't know how we can tell if others of the 63 long term missing are foster children or kincare children or adopted children. All of the descriptions under the names (including William's) don't describe their family situation.
There may, or may not, be other children on the list who were not living with their biological parents.

A report was produced by an independent consultant in 2021 for the AFP (using foster-child-identifying data from 2019).

It seems that it is usually runaway youths who go missing in the foster care system, and primarily from residential care/group homes (as opposed to single family homes).
  • All children and young people were located alive
  • Most young people were located within 1-3 days
  • The majority of missing episodes concluded when the young person voluntarily returned to their home or placement
  • Others ended when police/transport officers, or carers, located missing youth
  • There was a notable pattern whereby young people themselves contacted police or carers to return them to their placement, or to advise that they were OK.
CHILDREN AND YOUTH REPORTED MISSING FROM OUT-OF-HOME-CARE IN AUSTRALIA - Dr Kath McFarlane

Oh my gosh Aussie, I’ve missed several months and threads. They’re charging the foster mum over his disappearance?! What on earth has happened?

Oh my gosh Aussie, I’ve missed several months and threads. They’re charging the foster mum over his disappearance?! What on earth has happened?

No, they have submitted a brief to the DPP to see if they can prosecute. They have leaked that info for some reason that we are unable to determine - unless it is police pressure again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member